That Mysterious "S" Thing We Used to Draw

I always thought it was just about making a stylized "S" really easy. I used to do this and the 3d cube (two squares that overlap, one a little above the other then connect the corners).

It was "doing it" without having artistic talent.

l never knew other people did this. I can't even understand what's going on right now. i drew this all the time. I still have the drawings from probably early 90s. I vaugely remember stussy being involved.

Is it really difficult to think about a trend spreading without the internet? :lol:

Would love to know where it came from though

l never knew other people did this. I can't even understand what's going on right now. i drew this all the time. I still have the drawings from probably early 90s. I vaugely remember stussy being involved.
same here...I thought that it was just me. But when I saw the thread title I already knew what it was. I drew this thing from preschool, all the way through college. Definitely not Stussy, I grew up in the 80s.

View media item 821944

Last edited:
Man I used to draw this all the time. Me and my friends would draw the super extended ones with like 10 to 15 lines in each row. We thought we were cool cuz everyone else was only using three lines.

I was drawing them the other day in my agenda 
laugh.gif

I found out about this In 2nd grade when I sat next to a kid named Scott Smith, dude was ill with it.. he had em all over his notebooks and binder :lol:

And yea kids used to say it was a gang thing

Last edited:
haha o man i totally forgot about this. im gonna draw one next time i have a pen and paper just for the nostalgia

Forget this. How did everyone know that blowing into the Nintendo cartridge fixes them? And does it really even work?

I think it was just a cool design that had an interesting way of coming together. I remember my classmates and I kinda had this symbol as a beginning to transition into graff and bubble letters and things like that

Last edited:
Forget this. How did everyone know that blowing into the Nintendo cartridge fixes them? And does it really even work?

Blowing into it until you heard a whistle and putting the cartridge in not all the way to kinda clamp it down off the edge :pimp:

Good question, I don't remember if someone told me or if I did it because it seemed right.

I like to think it makes a difference. 
laugh.gif

For some reason we all just knew to do it. Think about it. We were what? Maybe 6-9 years old? I mean there was other way. Game messed up, had to try something I guess

Back
Top Bottom