The 13 Creepiest things a Child has ever said to a parent

From reddit..

While changing my daughter in front of the open closet door. She kept looking around me and laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, "the man." To which I replied, "what man?" She then pointed at the closet and said, "the man with the snake neck." I turn around and nothing was there. I'm afraid to look into the history of my house to see if anyone hung themselves in the closet. At least she wasn't scared.

When my son was little he, maybe 3, he used to do this weird crawl where he would slide his forehead along the floor. That was pretty creepy in itself. Then one night he crawled across the hallway into my room like that and stood up a few inches from my face and made a weird meow sound. He got into bed with me and went to sleep. Another time he was freaking out about a monster in the basement so we went down and saw nothing, of course, and as I turned out the light and headed upstairs and he said "Hes right behind us now." I might have peed a little. Possibly the creepiest thing he did was one day I scolded him for misbehaving so he hid his head under his blanket. I pretended I couldn't find him by saying "Where is my little Carson?" He slowly lowered the blanket and with a dead evil stare said, "Carson is gone, I am Rick." I'm certain he's possessed. We never knew any Ricks, as far I can remember. Still don't. Never figured out where he picked up the name.

it seems like kids like the name Rick

My father tells me this story of my childhood every once in a while:
When I was around six years old, my dad's best friend committed suicide. We'll call him "Joe" for the sake of the story. Obviously, it was a very rough and emotional time for my dad. Joe was my dad's best man at his wedding, the one guy who was always there for him. After my dad got married, he and my mother left Joe and the town they were in to start a life outside of the town they grew up in. After years of moving around California, my family eventually moved to Utah, where my father worked for a successful internet business. Joe stayed behind in Washington. Because my family were so far away from their old life with Joe, there wasn't a lot of foresight/warning that Joe intended on ending his own life.
Joe's sister apparently had been blaming Joe's wife for her brothers suicide. Joe and his wife drank a lot of booze, and probably as a result, fought a lot. My father always said that they were a passionate couple; yes, they would fight often, but he hardly knew two other individuals who were so completely in love. For this reason, he didn't believe it.
A few days after Joe committed suicide, his widow called up my father sobbing about how she thought it was her fault. After about an hour of trying to console her, he told her "If there was a way for me to talk to Joe now, I guarantee you that he would tell you that he loved you, and that it wasn't your fault that he ended his life." Crying, she still didn't believe him, but she thanked him for the kind words and let my father go.
My dad was obviously distraught after that long, hysteric conversation. He had been down in his office for a while, and he decided to come up and check on his kids while making a pot of coffee to take his mind off of things. We were all supposed to be napping, but he thought he'd peek his head into our rooms to make sure we were safe/maybe try to have a little smile or brightness added to his day.
Sure enough, when my dad got to my room, I was fast asleep on my bed. He went to my brother's room, and he was also sleeping. Finally, he checks on my sister, who is sleeping as smugly as an angel. He decides to go back towards my room and into the kitchen to make some coffee.
As he walks by my room, he notices a whimper. He turns around, and enters my room, where he finds me weeping. I was five years old, so the way I was crying seemed odd to him. Normally a five year old would cry drastically over dramatically. I wasn't. I was just sitting on the side of my bed, weeping.
My dad enters my room and says "Matty, whats up? Why are you crying?"
It's then that I stop crying for a moment, look up at him with teary eyes and say "Rick, it's not her fault. I love her. It's not her fault."
With that, I stopped crying, rolled over back onto my bed, and fell swiftly back to sleep.
Needless to say, my dad **** his pants.

:lol: I don't believe any of them said this despite hearing young kids and toddlers say the weirdest thing.

This sick meme is playing off the idea of reincarnation and the chances you might remember something of your past life. It's the whole exactly where was your mind before you were being formed in your mother's stomach. :lol: :smh: @ remembering how you died before you were reborn.
I don't remember saying this, but my godmother told me that when I was younger I used to say that I've lived before and I used to be a dancer. I have no clue what I was talking about.
:rofl:

I see you tiny dancer.

Last edited:
I've dealt with at risk adolescents for over 10 yrs.. I would say 70% of its attention seeking. If we as caregivers would calm the f down and not overreact then they would stop with the foolery..

Last edited:
My parents always said if you hear a dog barking at night its bcuz they see ghosts

All of a sudden dozens of y'all have "stories" from when y'all were younger. Aight 
laugh.gif

When my step brother was about 5 he kept asking "mama, why is papa dead?" one night referring to his grandpa and my step mom kept saying "he's not dead, why do you keep saying that? Stop."And then later that night we found out his grandpa had died that evening.

That was the 2nd time my step brother had done that over a dead relative, when everyone thought they were still alive. I just don't remember the details of the other one but it was pretty much the same ordeal.

My other brother used to complain about a man in his closet and would refuse to goto bed and fight and throw tantrums every night. My father looked into the history of the house and quickly found out that the family who owned the house before had a drug addict son who hung himself in that exact same closet.

Real life.

Me and my homie had this convo not too long ago considering we both had some crazy experiences as children. I think it stems from the innocence of a child, that leaves us so open to weird/interesting things. As we get older logic is pushed into our minds and we no longer have that wandering conscious.

Last edited:
ducktales. parents be lying. just like when they lie and say their kid said something adorable or brilliant to make it seem cuter than it really is. They're lying for attention to make their kid sound ****** up. corny. and not really funny either because i think its fake. be hilarious if real, but highly doubt it.

Im going to ask my mom and pops later on day if they have any stories 

I think pops will dude always seem to have a story on something.

my old crib, a white dude was shot n killed in my closet.... never seen anything weird tho

My parents always said if you hear a dog barking at night its bcuz they see ghosts

Makes sense. My dog used to bark all the time at night growing up. Also, my city was the 3rd most haunted city in the US.

I've told this story before where my older brother as a toddler saw our recently passed grandfather.

The fam came to stay at the main house, grandparent's house, when our grandfather died.

Alone in the house, my mom took a nap with my brother.

She woke up and heard my brother talking to someone at the foot of the bed.

He was saying things like, "What are you doing here? They told me you were gone?"

My mom asked who he was talking to, and he said, "Grandpa" and pointed in front of him.

My mom picked up my brother and ran outside the house...she was not about that life.

My godson points out and reacts to a spirit in my uncle's crib all the time.

It's fine, that ghost is pretty much harmless and been there for ages.

ducktales. parents be lying. just like when they lie and say their kid said something adorable or brilliant to make it seem cuter than it really is. They're lying for attention to make their kid sound ****** up. corny. and not really funny either because i think its fake. be hilarious if real, but highly doubt it.
I remember sitting on the toilet and talking to someone when i lived in the haunted apartment, yet there was no one there. I had a friend, I remember it was a man. Gives me goosebumps every time I talk about it. :x

I remember as a kid coming home at night and our dog was barking at something red eyes Raccon? Opossum? Djit was scary as a kid

I remember sitting on the toilet and talking to someone when i lived in the haunted apartment, yet there was no one there. I had a friend, I remember it was a man. Gives me goosebumps every time I talk about it. :x

ummm....

Back
Top Bottom