The College Basketball Post

If Duke can play D and Shoot the 3 like that, then I can't see a team beating them. Their 3-pt shooting has been awful going into that UVA game. So we will see..

Watching this game for Romeo and Indiana is god awful. Bout to turn this **** off

How did Sparty lose to this team

What happened to the Lady Vols after Candice Parker left ?

They might not make the tournament this year and have been the 4 best program in the SEC since Pat Summit left

If anyone knows Dean Sue or President Keohane (and I know both), there is literally a 0% chance either would've discouraged someone from coming out with a sexual assault or rape allegation, no matter who the alleged assaulter was.

For those who aren't aware, that period was a period in which many of the male institutions at Duke were systematically dismantled by Keohane (prior to being President of Duke, she was president at Wellesley) and her administration.

It really shows how this system is tilted when a team like Indiana is 13-11 overall, 4-9 in the B1G conference (10th place, tied with Rutgers), and 2-7 on the road and I'm seeing multiple experts saying they are in dance as it stands now.

It really shows how this system is tilted when a team like Indiana is 13-11 overall, 4-9 in the B1G conference (10th place), and 2-7 on the road and I'm seeing multiple experts saying they are in dance as it stands now.

I get that, but they've also played the 8th most difficult Strength of Schedule in the country. They have a few good wins (Marquette, Louisville, and MSU :angry:). I'd say they only have a few "bad" losses, and they've basically played without multiple players due to injury.

Not sure they'll have enough to get into the tournament, but I also think they'd be closer to 18-6 if they played in an easier conference. What would Buffalo / Wofford / Nevada / Houston etc records be, if they didn't play in 1-2 bid leagues?

^^ Good points. And I see what you're saying. But man I must be gettin old when I look at this stuff (not factoring in schedule) and say, this is the bar now?
And why wouldnt every P5 school just schedule the hardest they could and say "we likely dont even need to WIN." :lol:

^^ Good points. And I see what you're saying. But man I must be gettin old when I look at this stuff (not factoring in schedule) and say, this is the bar now?
And why wouldnt every P5 school just schedule the hardest they could and say "we likely dont even need to WIN." :lol:

Yea its a balance... mid-majors get dinged for not playing harder schedules, and P5 programs get dinged for not winning more of their games. Still not sure Indiana is completely "in" the tournament yet, as they'll still have to win most of their remaining games (MSU, Wisconsin, and Purdue all still visit Bloomington, and they still travel to Iowa, in their last 7 games).

Having a Top-10 SOS is a pretty tough schedule though. Just for comparison, here are the SOS of some of the other tournament "lock" teams:

Virginia: 44
Gonzaga: 84
Tennessee: 53
Nevada: 107
Houston: 115
Buffalo: 95
Cinn: 108
Wofford: 111
Kentucky: 34

Not arguing that Indiana is better than any of those teams, just that they've played a much more difficult schedule than most. Gonzaga beat Duke, but lost to the next 2 best teams they played (Tenn and UNC). They haven't played a NCAA tournament team since that UNC loss, on December 15th - almost 2 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom