The College Basketball Post

Still a chance?
AE0E6C83-45CC-49A7-884E-3A63BD7746AE.png
I’d be shocked if he steps foot on campus. With the D-League and possibly the 1 and Done rule going away, unless he reclassifies

I don’t disagree with you...but what’s the point of the commitment?
I dunno. Deciding early allows Izzo to probably put together an absolutely stacked class in case he actually did decide to play for some reason. "Worst case scenario" for him would be to play on an awesome team for a good coach and get paid legally or illegally at that point.

And its only getting better

even with Jaden, MJ, and Jalen leaving.

Winston Salem Christian is adding a national for this upcoming season and already took Moravian Prep’s coach and has brought in 3 top 150 kids from out of state.

Robert Dillingham is gonna be the next one

Emoni not going to play a second for Michigan State :lol:

I think he will. Already said he isn't interested in G-league, and if the NBA CBA doesn't change - he won't be old enough anyway. Already on track to graduate from HS this year, as a junior. Already stomping all HS competition in MI... so what other options does he really have if he wants to play tougher competition?

I think he will. Already said he isn't interested in G-league, and if the NBA CBA doesn't change - he won't be old enough anyway. Already on track to graduate from HS this year, as a junior. Already stomping all HS competition in MI... so what other options does he really have if he wants to play tougher competition?

Interesting development is that they are now starting a school (Ypsi Prep Academy) and he is leaving Lincoln to play better national competition. If he does well and "dominates", I would think likely to reclassify.

Last edited:
More insight on Bates....

Half my household cheers for MSU so I got no problem cheering for them boys but after reading that article, at least my interpretation would be that college is the last option for the family. Emoni, may say he wants to attend MSU but it sounds like to me that his father is the one calling the shots and he made it pretty clear in that article that every option will be on the table. If I was a diehard MSU fan the worst case scenario would be that he plays this new prep schedule and blows up. Shoe companies will be all over him offering him deals and the NCAA won't have its stuff in order and he goes overseas or the G-League.

More insight on Bates....

Half my household cheers for MSU so I got no problem cheering for them boys but after reading that article, at least my interpretation would be that college is the last option for the family. Emoni, may say he wants to attend MSU but it sounds like to me that his father is the one calling the shots and he made it pretty clear in that article that every option will be on the table. If I was a diehard MSU fan the worst case scenario would be that he plays this new prep schedule and blows up. Shoe companies will be all over him offering him deals and the NCAA won't have its stuff in order and he goes overseas or the G-League.

Obviously I have a bias for MSU, but I read that article and didn't come away with the same thoughts. That article made it seem like its NBA or bust, and that all hinges on whether or not they change their rules. His age is a limiting factor if they don't change the rules, as you have to be 19 and 1-year removed from HS to be considered for the draft - which wouldn't be until the 2023 draft for him. Emoni himself already said he isn't interested in the G-league, and I'm not sure many Euro teams are going to pay a 17 year old kid that much.

I think you'll see a situation like Zion, where playing college ball built up his star power. No one is tuning into G-league or Euro games. And if the NCAA allows players to make money off of their likeness before he is done with HS... sounds like college is a lot more likely.

This twitter thread explains a lot of the dynamics:

Saying he's not interested in the G League right now is fine, but that opinion could easily change over the course of the next 2 years as we see things develop with that select team.

And he's absolutely going to "blow up" over the course of these next 2 years. He's the best pro prospect in the world. He was just too far away from being able to actually join the league in order for people to really care yet.

Obviously I have a bias for MSU, but I read that article and didn't come away with the same thoughts. That article made it seem like its NBA or bust, and that all hinges on whether or not they change their rules. His age is a limiting factor if they don't change the rules, as you have to be 19 and 1-year removed from HS to be considered for the draft - which wouldn't be until the 2023 draft for him. Emoni himself already said he isn't interested in the G-league, and I'm not sure many Euro teams are going to pay a 17 year old kid that much.

I think you'll see a situation like Zion, where playing college ball built up his star power. No one is tuning into G-league or Euro games. And if the NCAA allows players to make money off of their likeness before he is done with HS... sounds like college is a lot more likely.

This twitter thread explains a lot of the dynamics:

I admire your optimism

I admire your optimism

:lol: The way I see it.... if he goes to college, its MSU. If not, doesn't really matter anyway. I'd still put it at like 75% he skips college, but it seems like the deck is kind of stacked against him unless he wants to go out of country. Who knows, maybe he pulls a Bazley and gets a shoe deal + millions, and just works out for a year until he is draft eligible.

:lol: The way I see it.... if he goes to college, its MSU. If not, doesn't really matter anyway. I'd still put it at like 75% he skips college, but it seems like the deck is kind of stacked against him unless he wants to go out of country. Who knows, maybe he pulls a Bazley and gets a shoe deal + millions, and just works out for a year until he is draft eligible.

He'll have a shoe deal upwards of $90 million waiting for him for the second he turns 18. Unless the NCAA puts some new legislature in place...that kid won't play a lick of college basketball...regardless of what the NBA does with their rules.

Back
Top Bottom