The College Basketball Post

Harrow has a pulse? Wow.

Polythress could be a lottery pick if he could just stay aggressive for 40 mins and solidify his j. There's probably 2-3 guys in college who can stop him going to the rim.

Harrow having a decent game...I thought the world was supposed to end yesterday but this is surely a sign of the apocalypse

i had a feeling harrow was gon ball out today, this his game to get in rhythm before the real test against lousville

i dont see wat folks see in poythress, dude is an undersized 4 at the next level wit no go to move

Last edited:
Looked like garbage closing the game out but I'll take a W on the road against a quality opponent like the Buckeyes all day long.

Rock Chalk Jayhawks. KUCMB.

i had a feeling harrow was gon ball out today, this his game to get in rhythm before the real test against lousville
i dont see wat folks see in poythress, dude is an undersized 4 at the next level wit no go to move

watch the duke game again... potential is what people see.

I read that article about him not choosing MSU because Dawson was there, but Rodney Hood will be at Duke and he's better than Bari right now as well. *headscratcher*

I think it was more about taking the shine away from a friend than actually playing the same positions. I could be wrong.

Made it sound like a combo of both.

- On difficulty of turning down Michigan State/Tom Izzo: "He's been recruiting me since before high school and has been to a lot games, but a lot of things went into it … like. 'How will I be used?' Branden Dawson, me and him play the same position, and it'd kind of be a controversy if me and him were on the same floor running into each other."

- On MSU: "I wanted to go there since my sophomore year. Me and coach Izzo have been having a good relationship"

- More on Dawson: "I think it was the main reason why I didn't pick them today. I don't want to mess up his thing. Me coming in there would be kind of disrespectful. I just want him to do well. He's a local kid from the area … from Gary, Ind., and me coming in at the last minute would kind of ruin everything."

Not that I think he was being disingenuous, but he said in an interview a couple weeks ago that the reason he wanted to wait until the college season started before committing was to see how well his potential choices were playing/what type of chemistry they had, and how they could put him in the best position to make the NBA. I knew it was a wrap then.

DMX, yea Irvin's rise is similar to Tre Robinson's last year. Probably front runner for Mr. Basketball in Ind, dude has been a monster. Tre could never create off the bounce like Irvin is showing now tho, which is the only thing holding him back from being really good at Michigan this year. If Walton can come in and be something around what Burke was last year, even with Burke/Hardaway gone, don't think Michigan will miss a beat....

MCW keeps trying to impress the scouts by showing how he can shoot jumpers..when he cant...at all.

He needs to just stick to getting into the lane and dishin it rather than goin on a string of unneeded jumpers.

Mclemore is a monster. Dude hasn't even scratched his potential accordin to his coaches

Arizona/Miami would be a lot of fun tonight if Reggie was playing. Durand is playing awesome.

MCW keeps trying to impress the scouts by showing how he can shoot jumpers..when he cant...at all.
He needs to just stick to getting into the lane and dishin it rather than goin on a string of unneeded jumpers.

thats wats crazy cause i remember comin outta high school mcw was posed to a big time shooter & scorer

What an NCAA Tournament team from 2008-2010 now looks like:
Date Opponent Result
Fri, Nov 9 Vermont L 53-54
Sun, Nov 11 at Navy W 54-49
Fri, Nov 16 at CSU Northridge L 64-68
Sat, Nov 17 North. Kentucky W 56-52
Sun, Nov 18 at San Diego L 60-77
Sun, Nov 25 at Maine L 66-72
Wed, Nov 28 Massachusetts L 63-64
Sat, Dec 1 Albany L 56-69
Tue, Dec 4 at St. Bonaventure L 43-58
Fri, Dec 7 Rider L 56-62
Sun, Dec 9 at Manhattan L 55-75
Sun, Dec 23 at Fordham L 75-81

I couldn't careless whether Bari puts up big numbers next year. More concerned about team performance. We have weapons at every position except the 5. Quinn/Sheed/Hood/Parker/MP3 is pretty damn athletic with Thornton, dre(if he decides to return-team is saving a scholarship for him), jones, murph, semi, jefferson, and fouls to be used with Hairston.

My only concern is lack of depth at the 5 but we did recently make contact with Gavin Schilling and after watching him in person decided that he wasn't a pure Center so the staff is going to wait to see if anyone decommits because of coaching changes, graduate transfers, but I doubt we take anyone else in this class.

We haven't had horses like this since the early 2000's

I honestly think that had Wiggins blown up media wise a little earlier that he would've been on that SI cover instead of Jabari. Think they put him on there due to his accomplishments mostly.

His dad said that he took Wiggins jumping him in rankings personally and that he wants to prove that he's the best at the MDAA game in Chicago

There's nothing that Jabari is going to do to show that he's better than Wiggins and that's not even a slight to him. They're just different levels of prospects.

Back
Top Bottom