the end of an era :: social study is closing its doors

[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Century Gothic,ITC Avant Garde,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Social Study will be closing its doors at the end of this month.

[/font]
[/font]Unfortunately the times of our economy and the current state of trends in the sneaker industry have brought us to this decision. It has not been an easy decision to make. However, we have had a good run here at the store. When we opened in November 2003, we were one of the first stores in the tri-state area to provide exclusive sneakers to our customers. Over the last 6 years we have been featured in tons of magazines, newspapers and even named "one of the top sneaker stores of the world." Times have been tough over the last couple of years though. As sad as it seems, all good things must come to an end.

We just want to send out a huge thanks to our customers for all of their support over the years. We have made lots of friends and we will truly miss having the store as a place where we can all hang.

[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Century Gothic,ITC Avant Garde,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you have a gift card or a store credit now is the time to use it!![/font][/font]

We are marking everything in the shop down as of today to 50% off and it will remain so until the end of the month.

Come and shop! Stop through say what's up and scoop up the latest and greatest for Christmas.

Once again we just want to say thanks for everything.

[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Century Gothic,ITC Avant Garde,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Social Study Crew.[/font][/font]

40.jpg

Wow, that's a blower. Great store and even better employees. As far as I was concerned they were what a shop should be. Always felt like I was welcome andI always got treated the same whether I bought a t-shirt or bought multiple pairs of shoes.

Even though I work in FDK, I've only been to the store once. It's a cool shop. It's unfortunate that the econmoy has claimed another victim.

When I first moved to the area this was the only store I knew of. Definitely had a great staff and felt welcome. Sad to see them go, hopefully they'll beback soon.

I believe there was a thread about Mom and Pop shops, and someone made a forecast, that Most mom and pop shops would be closing soon due to the economy.

nerd.gif

Damn..I remember makein trips to Frederick almost every weekend to check out Social Studies/Pitcrew..

Definitley THE chillest spot in the area...Customer service has always been on point, even when a was a lil youngin goin in there window shopping
laugh.gif

I hope they rise again when the economy gets better
Let's hope so! Hopefully they will still b able to keep some of their clothing/footwear accounts open and movethem over to Pitcrew..Best of luck AJ, Tim & April!

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Damn that was not expected.

But this has me wondering, who is next?????
Major DC just celebrated their third year in DC.

District 51 was the first in DC and the first out.
Kickballers was the third in DC and the second out.

Central SB and Social Study are both MD Victims.

Aform LTD was the first in VA and the first out.

makes you wonder tho.

What time they close on Saturday?

I'll be in the city, but I'm not making that hike if they close mad early.

like 8p.

hit me when you in town. they actually have a party on the 19th as well at NOLA.

The yeezy crew know how AJ gets down on the wheels...

Back
Top Bottom