The NBA Draft Thread

Damn Dunn looking like a absolute stud..everything I thought about dude was right..And the thing I like most is he got that dog in him.hes always coming at you..something I feel KAT and Wiggins might be lacking.he's exactly what that team needs..plus he been playing a lot off the ball so he can slide to SG if needed..so there not really a need to trade Rubio now..wish we made a trade with Boston.

KAT is very aggressive and quite demonstrative on the floor. He absolutely has the same dog in him.

For anyone jumping out the window on Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray, let me remind you that Devin Booker shot the ball very poorly and struggled defensively to start his summer league last year.

It's summer league. Nobody should be "concerned" about anything yet.

Last edited:
For anyone jumping out the window on Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray, let me remind you that Devin Booker shot the ball very poorly and struggled defensively to start his summer league last year.

It's summer league. Nobody should be "concerned" about anything yet.

Buddy Hield is about to be 23....Devin Booker was the youngest player in the league last year.

Percentage wise Booker was the best shooter in the NBA in the first 2 months....less FGA helped but still

Dude gonna be around for a long long time

Booker, Kyle Anderson and Norman Powell have to be the most overqualified players at summer league this year.

What does Hield's and Booker's age have to do with summer league performance vs NBA performance in year one? I'm not talking about long term projections...I'm talking about YEAR ONE.

Unless you have some weird ideology that suggests that being 22 won't allow you to play better in an 82 game season than you did in 2 weeks of your first summer as a pro.

Last edited:
People bashing prospects for staying in school has got to stop. It is not the same as judging someones projection based on college performance. 

What does Hield's and Booker's age have to do with summer league performance vs NBA performance in year one? I'm not talking about long term projections...I'm talking about YEAR ONE.

Unless you have some weird ideology that suggests that being 22 won't allow you to play better in an 82 game season than you did in 2 weeks of your first summer as a pro.

You're telling me you don't think an almost 23 year old that just got done playing four years of college ball should play better vs grown men/more experienced players than an 18 year old that was the youngest player in the league and played in a platoon system at Kentucky where he wasn't even a full-time starter?

Hield is gonna be fine. He's a borderline NBA starter, especially for the Pelicans. He'll just be streaky AF.

You adding in all these variables to frame your argument. The bottom line is anyone making long term projections based on someone's first couple of summer league games is freaking ridiculous. Age doesn't have anything to do with that. Clearly you understand that because you had nothing to say about Jamal Murray who I included in my original statement. He's 19.

It would be just as ridiculous if Hield was averaging 30 through 2 games on 60% shooting and ppl started calling him the next Kobe. It's summer league and they're 2 games in. Y'all not even letting these dudes get comfortable before you start casting these long term projections on them.

Powell showing out for the second summer in a row

Richardson looks smooth offensively. Reminds me of Wizards Nick Young with how he moves and shoots

You adding in all these variables to frame your argument. The bottom line is anyone making long term projections based on someone's first couple of summer league games is freaking ridiculous. Age doesn't have anything to do with that. Clearly you understand that because you had nothing to say about Jamal Murray who I included in my original statement. He's 19.

It would be just as ridiculous if Hield was averaging 30 through 2 games on 60% shooting and ppl started calling him the next Kobe. It's summer league and they're 2 games in. Y'all not even letting these dudes get comfortable before you start casting these long term projections on them.

I haven't watched Murray play out there yet so I have no comment on him at the moment.

Buddy just straight up looks like he's going to have to turn into an elite catch and shoot player because he cannot blow by anybody or finish against NBA athleticism/length. I like the guy, I'm just being honest with what I've seen from him. These were some of the same concerns people had with drafting him.

Can't believe the Raptors didn't think it was smarter to invest in Powell for way cheaper over overpaying DeRozan who has no upside

I honestly wonder which GM will have the balls to simply not keep their best player who is also 25-27 years old. When's the last time we saw someone of say DeRozan's caliber and age simply walk because the GM didn't feel they deserved the max

Lowry is the best player

How can you see how he performs against any team that can defend and pay him the max is unbelievable

Lowry is the best player

How can you see how he performs against any team that can defend and pay him the max is unbelievable
Maybe Lowry is the best, just saying I honestly wonder which GM will take the step of not signing someone of DeRozan's caliber (forget about who the best player is on the team). When that times comes it could mark a change league wide tbh

Right now seems like GM's are weary of letting their talent go, especially if they drafted the player

I tried to recall a mid 20's player who was not retained by his team because the GM didn't think it was worth it, can't think of anyone. I wouldn't have maxed him

Last edited:
It's not Mason's MO to let assets walk. He signs them then trades them shortly after.

It's not Mason's MO to let assets walk. He signs them then trades them shortly after.

But what about two years in when the secret is out that he's not a max player and they are handcuffing almost 30% of their cap space to him in a time with more marquee FA's than most.

Not to mention they are probably going to give a 32 year old Kyle Lowry the max as well.

It's the business of basketball. A team like Toronto can't just let what will be the goat of the franchise walk in favor of Norman Powell. It was dumb but it had to be done. Not every team is playing to win a chip. Very few actually are.

All about those ticket sales I guess. Majority of the fans have been sold on the Lowry/DeRozan pairing, even if you are a perputal treadmill team they'll come running for now.

Back
Top Bottom