The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Dude really does NOT want to be black. 
laugh.gif

nah there not the same...but their definitely not African...

how you gonna contradict yourself now? You were ready to co-sign that dominican food was african-based and similar to Africa but now you wanna say that all these other latin countries' dishes are different?

What ties them all together is the language and like an already stated notion of culture.

I know some countries like Mexico and Peru not wanting to be lumped into this category of hispanic or hispanic food...atleast thats what I get from immigrants that I know. Maybe hispanic food is the outdated version...if you wanna get PC it's like Latin-american dishes or whatever...but as far as i'm concerned Hispanic food is puerto rican, costa-rican, dominican and the other spanish speaking islands...

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

nah there not the same...but their definitely not African...

how you gonna contradict yourself now? You were ready to co-sign that dominican food was african-based and similar to Africa but now you wanna say that all these other latin countries' dishes are different?

What ties them all together is the language and like an already stated notion of culture.

I know some countries like Mexico and Peru not wanting to be lumped into this category of hispanic or hispanic food...atleast thats what I get from immigrants that I know. Maybe hispanic food is the outdated version...if you wanna get PC it's like Latin-american dishes or whatever...but as far as i'm concerned Hispanic food is puerto rican, costa-rican, dominican and the other spanish speaking islands...
How did I contradict myself? I feel like people in this thread are using words they don't know the meanings to

Dominicans are descendants of African slaves, are you really going to sit there and say it's inconceivable that Dominican food has a huge African influence
laugh.gif
Come on son-I never said the food was "African" I said it was influenced by African dishes as well as Spanish and Indian influences

[h2]Dishes and their origins[/h2]
The Dominican Republic was formerly a Spanish colony. Many Spanish traits are still present in the island. Many traditional Spanish dishes have found a new home in the Dominican Republic, some with a twist. African and Taíno dishes still hold strong, some of them unchanged.

All or nearly all food groups are accommodated in typical Dominican cuisine, as it incorporates meat or seafood; grains, especially rice, corn (native to the island[sup][1][/sup]), and wheat; vegetables, such as beans and other legumes, potatoes, yuca, or plantains, and salad; dairy products, especially milk and cheese; and fruits, such as oranges, bananas, and mangos. However, there is heaviest consumption of starches and meats, and least of dairy products and non-starchy vegetables.

Sofrito, a sautéed mix of local herbs and spices, is used in many dishes. Throughout the south-central coast bulgur, or whole wheat, is a main ingredient in quipes and tipili, two dishes brought by Levantine Middle Eastern immigrants. Other favorite foods and dishes include chicharrón, pastelitos or empanadas, batata, pasteles en hoja (ground roots pockets), chimichurris, plátanos maduros (ripe plantain), and tostones.
[h3][edit] Taíno dishes[/h3][h3][edit] Spanish dishes[/h3]
  • Arroz con leche or arroz con dulce – sweet spiced milk and rice pudding. Still used the classic Spanish recipe.
  • Flan – there are many recipes of flan with a tropical twist from the fresh fruits on the island
  • Paella – In the Dominican Republic paella is done with local fish and ground annatto instead of saffron
  • Chicharrón – fried pork rinds
  • Empanadas - called pastelitos (not to be confused with the Cuban pastelitos).
[h3][edit] African dishes[/h3]

Mondongo beef tripe soup
  • Mangú – mashed, boiled plantain. Originated in west Africa and is known as fufu in Africa, Cuba and Puerto Rico.
  • Mondongo – beef tripe soup. Its origins lead back to african slaves in the Dominican Republic.
  • chen-chen - A corn dish originating in San Juan De La Maguana with african influences.
Hmm that beef tripe soup looks awfully similar to Nigerian pepper soup
nerd.gif

3295642776_c076aca172.jpg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

[h2]Dishes and their origins[/h2]
The Dominican Republic was formerly a Spanish colony. Many Spanish traits are still present in the island. Many traditional Spanish dishes have found a new home in the Dominican Republic, some with a twist. African and Taíno dishes still hold strong, some of them unchanged.

All or nearly all food groups are accommodated in typical Dominican cuisine, as it incorporates meat or seafood; grains, especially rice, corn (native to the island[sup][1][/sup]), and wheat; vegetables, such as beans and other legumes, potatoes, yuca, or plantains, and salad; dairy products, especially milk and cheese; and fruits, such as oranges, bananas, and mangos. However, there is heaviest consumption of starches and meats, and least of dairy products and non-starchy vegetables.

Sofrito, a sautéed mix of local herbs and spices, is used in many dishes. Throughout the south-central coast bulgur, or whole wheat, is a main ingredient in quipes and tipili, two dishes brought by Levantine Middle Eastern immigrants. Other favorite foods and dishes include chicharrón, pastelitos or empanadas, batata, pasteles en hoja (ground roots pockets), chimichurris, plátanos maduros (ripe plantain), and tostones.
[h3][edit] Taíno dishes[/h3][h3][edit] Spanish dishes[/h3]
  • Arroz con leche or arroz con dulce – sweet spiced milk and rice pudding. Still used the classic Spanish recipe.
  • Flan – there are many recipes of flan with a tropical twist from the fresh fruits on the island
  • Paella – In the Dominican Republic paella is done with local fish and ground annatto instead of saffron
  • Chicharrón – fried pork rinds
  • Empanadas - called pastelitos (not to be confused with the Cuban pastelitos).
[h3][edit] African dishes[/h3]

Mondongo beef tripe soup
  • Mangú – mashed, boiled plantain. Originated in west Africa and is known as fufu in Africa, Cuba and Puerto Rico.
  • Mondongo – beef tripe soup. Its origins lead back to african slaves in the Dominican Republic.
  • chen-chen - A corn dish originating in San Juan De La Maguana with african influences.
Hmm that beef tripe soup looks awfully similar to Nigerian pepper soup
nerd.gif

3295642776_c076aca172.jpg

Got'em...

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by polorico
sick.gif

alien.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Son said their food is hispanic, wth is hispanic food tho?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

omg omg omg I can't breathe
your redundant so here is what my last 3 replies have been about...bolded.  In each of my replies I never dismissed the fact that dominicans have African roots.  Now you wanna come here with that add-on b.s. "as well as Spanish and Indian influences"...it won't save you.

Like I said before you and others in this thread don't promote African heritage in the right way...so you really can't get mad when ninja or polo don't want to co-sign with you or the others in this thing.

And you didn't even mention anywhere in this thread that and I quote " I said it was influenced by African dishes as well as Spanish and Indian influences" so stopit5.  All you did was in the above quote...just laugh...you also made a mention of a white woman clutching her pocketbook when seeing a Dominican down the street previously in this thread trying to show that white people consider dominicans as the same as african americans...your playing that old stereotype of white people crossing the street as soon as they see a minority first of all why is a white woman walking the heights? 2nd she's probably there at night, 3rd why is she there at night? 4th if an african american cat and a domincan cat were dressed well and not in the normal hood look she probably wouldn't clutch her bag...but if she saw some dude walking with an inspector gadget jacket she's either thinking this dude is a flasher or she's getting robbed....come on cat...the african coalition of NT should vote you out...your not helping their cause of making people realize their african roots.
laugh.gif

Your like a missionary trying to convert people into Africans
laugh.gif

There is no doubt that a lot of people outside of Africa have african roots but like I said before you dudes don't exemplify anything good or worth noting that would make them want to be proud of those roots...as far as NT is concerned.

Spoiler [+]
ssssssss...ouch

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

sick.gif

alien.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Son said their food is hispanic, wth is hispanic food tho?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

omg omg omg I can't breathe
your redundant so here is what my last 3 replies have been about...bolded.  In each of my replies I never dismissed the fact that dominicans have African roots.  Now you wanna come here with that add-on b.s. "as well as Spanish and Indian influences"...it won't save you.

Like I said before you and others in this thread don't promote African heritage in the right way...so you really can't get mad when ninja or polo don't want to co-sign with you or the others in this thing.

And you didn't even mention anywhere in this thread that and I quote " I said it was influenced by African dishes as well as Spanish and Indian influences" so stopit5.  All you did was in the above quote...just laugh...you also made a mention of a white woman clutching her pocketbook when seeing a Dominican down the street previously in this thread trying to show that white people consider dominicans as the same as african americans...your playing that old stereotype of white people crossing the street as soon as they see a minority first of all why is a white woman walking the heights? 2nd she's probably there at night, 3rd why is she there at night? 4th if an african american cat and a domincan cat were dressed well and not in the normal hood look she probably wouldn't clutch her bag...but if she saw some dude walking with an inspector gadget jacket she's either thinking this dude is a flasher or she's getting robbed....come on cat...the african coalition of NT should vote you out...your not helping their cause of making people realize their african roots.
laugh.gif

Your like a missionary trying to convert people into Africans
laugh.gif

There is no doubt that a lot of people outside of Africa have african roots but like I said before you dudes don't exemplify anything good or worth noting that would make them want to be proud of those roots...as far as NT is concerned.

Spoiler [+]
ssssssss...ouch
LMAO. How is he tryna to convert NH, when ninjahood is already a afro dominican?

Yall try to make Africans look like they all are bad. I guess since NH is a minoirty, he wants to hide being a minoirty two times over. Or maybe he denies being african because of the africans he sees in NY. I mean he has never left NY so all he does is sterotypes.

Dudes need to either read or actually go to Africa to see that there are successful Africans and what you see in NY with those little sudanese guys selling fake stuff is nothing like all Africans. Where I'm from, my uncle is possibly the richest man in the entire country of Liberia.  You just got to leave the heights to learn more about your african heritage.

Originally Posted by newbuck

We talkin' bout'...dishes.

basically.....
laugh.gif

at da end of da day da NY times article sides with me and my perspective....so how much pounds and pounds of megabytes of text ya gonna waste on me before

you just concede that i am not going to accept a "black label" huh?

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Im Dominican, I consider myself hispanic not black

Do you look like Ninjahood?

I mean people don't call ninja black, they call him afro dominican which is what he is. If you display the same african traits like ninjahood, then there is a chance you have some african heritage.

Ninjahood, your not even reading the article LOL. The news NEVER SIDES with people, there just is to report what is going on.

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

I mean people don't call ninja black, they call him afro dominican which is what he is.
i assure you, no one calls me that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I mean people don't call ninja black, they call him afro dominican which is what he is.
laugh.gif
Sir, common americans will either call you black or some kind of hispanic. OTHER HISPANICS, will call you afro dominican. To them, your just a african hispanic who speaks spanish.

I don't know why ya'll waste time having this convo anymore. Save yourselves the time....it is what it is at this point.

laugh.gif

But I bet that your friends call you the N Word, don't they?

I'd bet that you don't mind that at all, do you?

It's cool, right?

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Yea I don't even know what the intended outcome is you all want. You want him to turn into a Black Panther or something?

The point is to help him know himself. Ninjahood is constantly not taken seriously and is actually treated as a joke in the community because crazy statements he makes. He is like that black lady that screams she ain't got no african blood in her, but calls herself a african american.

laugh.gif
Sir, common americans will either call you black or some kind of hispanic. OTHER HISPANICS, will call you afro dominican. To them, your just a african hispanic who speaks spanish.
laugh.gif
try again.

sounds like you're injecting your preference with what actually happens.

im gonna let you wind yourself out calling me w/e you think other people call me...and when you're done, guess what imma say?

I don't speak dominican spanish so I have no idea what that video is saying.

you can be whatever you want to be NH. Don't really care. Its just sad to see my African brother hating himself.

funny because i'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum

i'm black but people think i'm dominican or puerto rican for some reason

hispanic people constantly walk up to me speaking spanish

and in dr there was the sugar cane massacre where if you were dark or didn't pronounce 'sugar cane' correctly you were murdered pretty much forcing the people there to identify more with their 'lighter side'

dark skinned dominicans and hatians were killed from my understanding

i'm sure someone on here knows more about that situation than i do and can shed more light on that

Originally Posted by All Ready

funny because i'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum

i'm black but people think i'm dominican or puerto rican for some reason

hispanic people constantly walk up to me speaking spanish

and in dr there was the sugar cane massacre where if you were dark or didn't pronounce 'sugar cane' correctly you were murdered pretty much forcing the people there to identify more with their 'lighter side'

dark skinned dominicans and hatians were killed from my understanding

i'm sure someone on here knows more about that situation than i do and can shed more light on that

Don't pay attention to Ninjahood's lack of knowledge of his own country. Racism is still living strong in DR. The lighter DR residents diff live better than the darker ones. The amount of racism in that country is disgusting.

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

laugh.gif

But I bet that your friends call you the N Word, don't they?

I'd bet that you don't mind that at all, do you?

It's cool, right?
when you see videos like this

whatever you thought you were gonna imply on me goes out da window with da N word ( which hasn't meant nothing thanks to da difusement of da word thru da popularity of hiphop)

I don't speak dominican spanish so I have no idea what that video is saying.
sounds like you just can't speak spanish period...so from a hispanic like me, stop telling me what you think i am and IM telling you what i am.

Back
Top Bottom