|||--- The Official 2009 NHL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD......Deadline= Wednesday Mar. 4 ---|||

Caps, Bruins and Flyers in running for Morris...

Jokinen will be dealt IMO... word is Columbus will be the likely suitor.

No word on where Reinprecht will end up.

I definitely just put 20 down on the Sharks to win the title, 3 to 1 odds... b/c if they land Pronger, it is absolutely a wrap.

Where are you guys hearing this about Pronger to SJ? I highly doubt that ANH would trade him within the division and they're pretty stacked at D withBoyle, Blake, Erhoff and Vlasic. It'd be totally unfair if they got him
laugh.gif

Damn, Morrison on waivers? I haven't been following his season, but I guess he never really fit in with the Ducks, or never really recovered from his ACLinjury. I pull for the dude because he works out at my gym in the offseason; I see him all the time in there, and saw him through his rehab for the injury.

I hope the Canucks don't do anything stupid, although I would like to see them move Sanford or an extra D for some picks. Or somehow package for J Bo.

It will be interesting to see what the Canucks do, considering they're on a tear right now...

morrison just never recovered from his injury. his asset for playing in the NHL was his speed, and now he just doesnt have it anymore after that many injuries.he had a great run with being the league's ironman for so long

This is from the Caps beat reporter....

[h3]Poti pulled from warmups[/h3]
Tom Poti came out for warmups, but when I looked up a few moments later, the veteran defenseman had been pulled from the ice. I don't want to speculate here, but it certainly is curious considering tomorrow is the NHL trade deadline.

I'll update when I know more.

Link

nerd.gif

The Blues appear to be focused on bringing back a former superstar to St. Louis, as several reports suggest they're interested in re-acquiring Chris Pronger.
Over the weekend, CBC reported during it's Hotstove segment of Hockey Night in Canada that the Blues are eyeing Pronger, while the Ottawa Sun claims the Blues might package left wing David Perron as part of a deal.

The Anaheim Ducks are entertaining offers for Pronger, who has one-year left on his contract beyond this season.

In addition to the Blues, the Boston Bruins are also interested in Pronger, while the Sun reports the Washington Capitals, Toronto Maple Leafs and Philadelphia Flyers are also in the hunt.

Meanwhile, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Blues continue to field offers for veteran Keith Tkachuk, but they are not yet set on moving him.

"All options are open right now," Blues President John Davidson told the paper. "We're playing well and that's a good thing. It's easy for me to say this, but this is the way we're thinking: We've got a game Tuesday, we haven't explored much of anything yet and the team is telling us something right now. The team is telling us something and now how do we deal with that?"

Davidson declined to comment on the Pronger speculation.

The Devils want Antropov to and Lou is in attendance in Toronto. I dont get why Poti would be traded when the Caps D is already thin. Doesnt make much sense.

Devils' GM Lou Lamoriello said before Tuesday night's game against the Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre that he will try to trade goalie Scott Clemmensen before Wednesday's 3 p.m. deadline.

Clemmensen, who won 25 games for the Devils this season, is in Lowell (AHL) since Martin Brodeur's return.

"We gave Scott Clemmensen our word we'd do whatever is possible," Lamoriello said. "We said all along if something came about, we'd do it. Saying that, you just don't give a player away."

His value now is higher then it will ever be again. A lot of people are saying they wont get a player who will contribute right now, but maybe a 3rd round pickor so.

i dunno why..the commercial for sportscenter with the anchor and the devil's mascot in the elevator has me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom