|||--- The Official 2009 NHL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD......Deadline= Wednesday Mar. 4 ---|||

his current contract is 3 years 7.5 mill
grin.gif
WTH?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Phx for Carcillo
Horrible stick handler, gets pointless momemtum killing penalties... but is an awesome fighter, and a fan favorite. Fans love this dude but he isnt that good, just a tough dude.
sounds like a good fit for philly. they're a tough guy team...so he fits. not saying dealing for him and losing upshall was smart...but carcillo fits the philly mold

Carcillo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but yeah this makes no sense for the Flyers since they already got Cote, Asham, and Hartnell.

Not too many exciting deals today. NYR made some good pick-ups, I like the Senators gamble on Leclaire and I think that Olli Jokinen will be huge for theFlames. Finally Jokinen will get to see some playoff action, dude is like the 40-year-old virgin of the NHL.

Had to read this twice to figure it all out
laugh.gif

The Edmonton Oilers got busy late in the proceedings on NHL trade deadline day as they have acquired forward Patrick O'Sullivan in a pair of deals involving four teams.
The 24-year old O'Sullivan was originally shipped along with a second round draft pick from the Los Angeles Kings to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Justin Williams.

The 'Canes then turned around and dealt O'Sullivan and the draft pick they received from the King to the Oilers in exchange for Erik Cole, sending the Oswego, New York native back to the team where he won the Stanley Cup in 2006.

The Oilers were not done there as they sent a second round draft pick to the Buffalo Sabres for forward Ales Kotalik.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

from sportsnet.ca
Four-way: O'Sullivan, Kotalik to EDM, Williams to LA, Cole to CAR, 2nd-round pick to BUF
is this official?

Yes it is.

I'm hating this trade.
smh.gif
smh.gif

I don't get what Lombardi is doing, if this is a salary dump thing, that he's plain stupid.

Whatever happened to keeping the core of Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, and Johnson together.
tired.gif

I love the fact that Lou got Havelid and stopped right there and is content with the team they have. Stanley Cup Finals here we come.

carcillo leads the league in PIM...more dumb penalties

i'm so mad right now.....

i hope he proves me wrong
ohwell.gif

Here are a few things that were going on throughout the day.
Recapping a few situations... In Nashville, the Predators tried to acquire Alex Ponikarovsky from Toronto, but fell through. The Habs poked around at a few options, but held tight (don't forget, they are getting Alex Tanguay back from injury). The Rangers did inquire about Marty St. Louis, but after the prize was too high they moved on. Minnesota also made some inquiries, but decided to stand pat.

Leafs didn't get 1 call for Tomas Kaberle.

According to sources, the Canucks pulled out of the Bouwmeester race in the final stretch. Vancouver apparently didn't want to pay the asking price, which we're trying to find out what that was.

Hawks had deal for Moore, but it fell through.

Chris Neil is almost dealt, but not done yet... Flyers also in Morris mix... Capitals have been quiet, but looking around nonetheless.

Looks like the Senators have traded Chris Neil. Talk is Florida, but not finalized yet.

Still waiting to see if Canucks have deal done for Bouwmeester... Leafs not done yet. Dominic Moore is about to move... Weird one here, but now looks like Chris Neill will stay in Ottawa.

Canucks appear close to acquiring Jay Bouwmeester. Trying to get more info, but Vancouver's stepped up.

Flyers may be out of the Bouwmeester sweepstakes and are focusing in on Derek Morris.

Seems Rangers have shifted their focus off of Marty St. Louis and are now in the mix for Derek Morris, according to a NY source.

Some rumors floating around... Boston using Phil Kessel as bait for a big-name player... Thrashers close to moving Marty Reasoner... Hawks closing in on center... Rangers still talking about Marty St. Louis, but talks have cooled.

Yeah I dont get the Carcillo trade. That what Cote was their for. Cote IMO is a d-bag. (Granted I hate all Philadelphia sports teams) but Carcillo and Cote isoverkill since neither one is particularly good at anything besides fighting and taking penalties.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Flyers failed big time...

Scottie Upshall and a 2nd round pick for DANIEL CARCILLO!?!?!?!

DANIEL CARCILLO!?!?!?

indifferent.gif
weird, doesnt Scottie Upshall have much more offensive upside

and Carcillo from what i recall is a penalty taking machine

maybe Philly thought they could re-sign Carcillo or develop him better than the Yotes'

^ i believe Carcillo has 1 more year on his contract and Upshall is a UFA after this season.

well im a Carcillo fanboy
nerd.gif
and im kinda glad he got traded since he wasstuck on the 4th line with the yotes or only getting 10 min of ice time and its looks like he'll be on 3rd line with Briere in phili so a change of sceneryshould do him good. and not mention his favorite team growing up were the Flyers. Trust me Flyers fans you guys will love this guy.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

funny thing i actually lost an auction for a Coyotes authentic not to long ago that i was planning on customizing it to Carcillo. guess i dont have to huntdown a Coyotes jersey anymore.

edit: i also had a feeling Carcillo was on the move cause i noticed he was getting a lot more ice time recently and even some playing time in the top linewhich i though was weird.

Back
Top Bottom