|||--- The Official 2009 NHL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD......Deadline= Wednesday Mar. 4 ---|||

Originally Posted by cquan05

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -The Vancouver Canucks signed forward Alex Burrowsto a four-year, $8 million contract extension Tuesday night, avoiding the possibility of losing the gritty winger as an unrestricted free agent.

And he scored two goals tonight
pimp.gif

Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray informed Chris Pronger and his agent Pat Morris his intention is not to move the all-star defenceman at the deadline, according to Sportsnet sources.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/04/pronger_status/

Bigger deal in works between Phoenix and Philly?

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 | Feedback | Print Entry

We're about to go to bed now, puckheads -- early start tomorrow! -- but one last update on Derek Morris. We're told the Coyotes doubled back and checked in again with Boston, Philadelphia and Washington tonight before deciding which deal to make Wednesday.

It was interesting, by the way, that Martin Biron did not start for the Flyers in Tuesday's win at Boston; Antero Niittymaki was in net in the win for Philadelphia. Biron has a no-trade clause and will be an unrestricted free agent July 1.

ESPN colleague E.J. Hradek e-mailed us tonight with a rumor he heard involving a bigger deal between the Flyers and Coyotes -- Morris and goalie Ilya Bryzgalov going to Philly in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, Scottie Upshall and Biron.

Meanwhile, with Toronto defenseman Tomas Kaberle likely moving off the trade market after getting injured Tuesday night, the trade stock improves for a guy like Ottawa's Filip Kuba. Kuba's agent, Rich Evans, and Sens GM Bryan Murray were slated to talk contract again after Ottawa's game Tuesday night to try and close the gap on an extension. But if they can't, Kuba would likely waive his no-trade clause Wednesday and allow Murray to deal him to a playoff-bound team.

Good night!

http://sports.espn.go.com...7&name=lebrun_pierre

FLYERS STEPPING UP EFFORTS FOR BOUWMEESTER

(1:30pm et) - The Philadelphia Flyers are stepping up their efforts to acquire defenceman Jay Bouwmeester from the Florida Panthers, but salary cap constraints are rearing their ugly head.

The Flyers are bumping up against the cap and they are working hard to try to free up some space.

Sources say one of the options is trading goaltender Marty Biron and turning the number one job over to Antero Niittymaki. One potential scenario has the Flyers trading Biron to the Phoenix Coyotes as part of a plan that would see the Coyotes flip Biron to another team.

But the Coyotes aren't going to make that move unless they have the other deal already set up.

It should be noted, however, that Biron has a no-trade clause and would have to be on board with any move that is made.

There is also a similar scenario involving Boston goalie Manny Fernandez, who has reportedly been offered to Phoenix. The Coyotes have no interest in keeping Fernandez but might take him if they can flip him. Boston is only likely to trade Fernandez if they find a need to clear some cap space.

Sources say the Buffalo Sabres may be in the market for one of the available goaltenders, given Ryan Miller's high ankle sprain.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=269564

i was listening to the radio and they said the don't expect Biron to waive his NTC....fact he has one
roll.gif

ott/cbj Pascal leclaire +2nd round for Antoine Vermette

^Good pickup for the Senators...they just gotta hope that Leclaire can regain his form from last season...

Leclaire is a very good pick-up for the Sens.

Leafs better pick-up at least 2 high-end draft picks. Maybe they find a sucker who wants Moore and get a 2nd rounder in return.

Wow I have surprised we got that much for Jokinen... Calgary came in last minute and through a first rounder at us, we took it
pimp.gif

Calgary will be TOUGH come playoff time

Where are you guys seeing this Jokinen news?

Leopold dealt to Flames

Wednesday, 03.04.2009 / 12:15 PM / 2009 Trade Deadline

NHL.com

The Calgary Flames bolstered their blue line on Wednesday, acquiring defenseman Jordan Leopold from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Lawrence Nycholat, defensive prospect Ryan Wilson and a second-round pick in the 2009 Entry Draft.

Leopold, who spent three seasons with the Flames, had 6 goals and 14 assists in 64 games with the Avalanche this season.

Nycholat, 29, was claimed off waivers by Calgary from Vancouver on Tuesday. He played 14 games for the Canucks this season, had 1 assist and was plus-3.

I'll do a quick recap of the mornings trades here.
The Calgary Flames have made the biggest splash prior to the trade deadline so far, acquiring centre Olli Jokinen from the Phoenix Coyotes for centre Matthew Lombardi, forward Brandon Prust and a first-round pick.
The Ottawa Senators continue their busy morning as they have shipped forward Antoine Vermette to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for goaltender Pascal Leclaire and a second round draft pick in the upcoming NHL entry draft.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=martin+gerber
Martin Gerber's roller-coaster ride in the Nation's capital is over as the Toronto Maple Leafs have claimed the Swiss netminder off of waivers from the Ottawa Senators.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=filip+kuba
Filip Kubawill not be on the move after all as the Ottawa Senators have signed the veteran defenceman to a three-year contract extension worth $3.7 million per season.
The Avalanche shipped one of their defensive assets out of Colorado, moving defenceman Jordan Leopold to the Calgary Flames in exchange for defenceman Lawrence Nycholat, a second-round draft pick, that originally belonged to the Montreal Canadiens as part of the Alex Tanguay trade, and defence prospect Ryan Wilson.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired defenceman Andy Wozniewski from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for blueliner Danny Richmond.

Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli added some grit along his blue line Wednesday with the acquisition of defenseman Steve Montador from the AnaheimDucks in exchange for center Petteri Nokelainen.

Works. I'll miss Nokelainen though.

I cant find it anywhere, but someone told me they heard on the radio that Mark Recchi got traded to the Bruins. It says it on Recchi's wikipedia site, butI cant find a news link.

I would like that.
smile.gif

bruins:

montador for nokelainen
recchi and a pick for lashoff and martin karsums

EDIT: i like these moves. adding some veterans to a very young (especially concerning playoff experience) team. we didn't give up too much imo either.
pimp.gif

EDIT: i like these moves. adding some veterans to a very young (especially concerning playoff experience) team. we didn't give up too much imo either.
pimp.gif

Ditto. At first I was like, '..eh, just Montador?' after all the Pronger/Morris/Kaberle talk, but Recchi, if nothing else, gives us a HUGEveteran presence which is really needed.
pimp.gif

Lashoff and Nokelainen will be missed, especially Lashoff, but the time to win is now. Karasmus cant get out of here faster though...
nerd.gif

Bill Guerin is on the move once again, the Islanders trading the veteran forward to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a conditional draft pick.
For the fifth time in his career, the veteran has been traded late in a season, this time the Tampa Bay Lightning dealing him to Boston. The Bruins also receive a second round draft pick in 2010.

In return, the Lightning receive defenceman Matt Lashoff and forward Martins Karsums.

Back
Top Bottom