The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

bron.png

*record scratch*

*freeze frame*

"Yup that's me. You're probably wondering how I'm ended up in this situation"

Ha-ha

Lakers fans would know a bit better, but I've seen Westbrook cost that team at least 5-7 games this season. Damb shame

In the micro it seems like it's all Russ...

But most teams don't come back from a 2nd qtr where the Clippers couldn't miss from 3.

Yes the Lakers made a hell of a run and yes Russ made that horrible pass but, while Russ is apart of the problems of this team, he isn't the only problem.

Last edited:
In the micro it seems like it's all Russ...

But most teams don't come back from a 2nd qtr where the Clippers couldn't miss from 3.

Yes the Lakers made a hell of a run and yes Russ made that horrible pass but, while Russ is apart of the problems of this team, he isn't the only problem.
I think you're mostly right. I def don't say it to pile on. But, i will add that if you were to count his direct bonehead plays in crunch time and change them into more desirable plays i.e. isolating on embiid vs the sixers instead of giving the ball to lebron and setting a screen and spreading the floor...

Would 5-7 games be considered too many?

I think if a comparable player was put in his place that was a little smarter with the basketball, the Lakers would be 5 games better for sure. Imo of course.

They’re 26th in 3P% and 29th in 3s made to go along with being 21st in defensive rating. That’s pretty much the story in a nutshell.

Certainly not all on Russ, but when you make $47M and are terrible at both of those, you’re going to get a lot of flack.

I think you're mostly right. I def don't say it to pile on. But, i will add that if you were to count his direct bonehead plays in crunch time and change them into more desirable plays i.e. isolating on embiid vs the sixers instead of giving the ball to lebron and setting a screen and spreading the floor...

Would 5-7 games be considered too many?

I think if a comparable player was put in his place that was a little smarter with the basketball, the Lakers would be 5 games better for sure. Imo of course.

If we are gonna say his play or one of his misstakes directly led to a loss maybe 4 games tops.

I could also point to missed freethrows from AD that cost us at least two very close winnable games.

Bron has made some mistakes late in games as well.

Once Reeaves and Walker get back I think Russ won't be in a game past the 5 min mark.

Back
Top Bottom