The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

If we are gonna say his play or one of his misstakes directly led to a loss maybe 4 games tops.

I could also point to missed freethrows from AD that cost us at least two very close winnable games.

Bron has made some mistakes late in games as well.

Once Reeaves and Walker get back I think Russ won't be in a game past the 5 min mark.
Agreed on all counts.

Bron and AD help that team win much more than they contribute directly to losing though. That would be my only critique.

Gonna have to start a new stat category for Russ soon... LAR losses above replacement.

bron.png

*record scratch*

*freeze frame*

"Yup that's me. You're probably wondering how I'm ended up in this situation"

4BBF30C8-CB46-427C-8718-C08FCE703F5B.jpeg

Based on social media the way Bron is all over I thought the Lakers won. I see that is not the case.

Was thinking the same.
I think he does it Sat night at Golden State. It’s day before Superbowl.

Depending when it is, trying to make a quick 1-2 day trip and pull up to the game.

Would love for it to by in Indy or Nola but def looking like LA or Bay Area

I think he does it Sat night at Golden State. It’s day before Superbowl.

Depending when it is, trying to make a quick 1-2 day trip and pull up to the game.

Would love for it to by in Indy or Nola but def looking like LA or Bay Area
He def could, but i imagine he sits a few games with AD back.

Hard to hold that contracts against Russ.

Tons of people already knew that was the worst contract in the league for years.

Hard to hold that contracts against Russ.

Tons of people already knew that was the worst contract in the league for years.
Sure, but when you could have 2-3 players that can actually help your team with that kind of money instead of one that does nothing to help the team, and shouldn’t even be on the court at the end of games, it’s always going to be brought up.

Sure, but when you could have 2-3 players that can actually help your team with that kind of money instead of one that does nothing to help the team, and shouldn’t even be on the court at the end of games, it’s always going to be brought up.

Yea, have at it.

But that’s on Lakers management.

Not Russ.

Ehh can’t put him in the same category.

He’s 34. Supposed to be/been on a decline. Entire game predicated on athleticism and having the ball in his hand at all times and now he’s not in that kind of situation.

That is a valid point about Russ but to be a Top 75 and being passed around and playing for four franchises in four years is kind of embarrassing IMO. Athleticism definitely declined with age but not having the ball in his hands anymore is because he is not that anymore. The final aspect I would consider him getting the yips with his jumper. He has had a lot of baaaddd misses.

tupac003 tupac003

Props to the lake shore for battling back to where they are in spite of (x) after 15 games, I thought that team was doa.

To be as close as they are to turning it around at this point is pretty admirable.

Lakers ain't winning a chip this year but with AD coming back they should at least make the play in and at best be the 6th seed since the west is so tight.

Lakers ain't winning a chip this year but with AD coming back they should at least make the play in and at best be the 6th seed since the west is so tight.

If Bron can sustain this play and AD comes back healthy and plays at the level he was before his injury they have a chance against any team in the West in a 7 game series.

I do not personally believe in AD not getting hurt though.

Clearly Russ isn't worth 47 mil, but Lakers management let Bron and AD talk then into making the deal for him.

And there was no trade for him that made sense IMO.

Not a Brick fan in the slightest, but he does give the team a dose of playmaking, athleticism and some defense. Are his contributions worth $47M is another discussion.

I don’t watch Laker games like you Lakers fans but he’s actually having a way better year than last year IMO.

He’s embraced that 6th man role (which I didn’t think he’d do).

He’s been okay to me.

Back
Top Bottom