The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Mamba Mentality or Mumbo Sauce Mentality is social media and Niketalk’s toxic discourse impacting Kobe’s Protégés?

What do you guys think of this podcast topic?

As interesting as kobetalk vol. 1974567289038 is, I'm still stuck on "Clean yourself up"

james-brown.gif

Tatum has just never been a top 5 guy in the league to be put in that tier.

Can the celtics win a chip without a top 5 guy. Of course they still can.

So you think Tatum is going to reach anywhere near Kobe’s legacy?
I mean there’s a lot that goes into that given we get to look at Kobe’s career completely in retrospect. And people obviously worship him. So no he won’t have THAT kind of legacy.

But do I think Tatum can win 2 FMVPs as the best player on a championship team while being all-league for like the next 7+ years, sure. Why not?

For Kobe’s age 26-28 he missed the playoffs once and got beat in the first round for the other two. Do you think that’s what will happen to Tatum trajectory-wise?

I mean there’s a lot that goes into that given we get to look at Kobe’s career completely in retrospect. And people obviously worship him. So no he won’t have THAT kind of legacy.

But do I think Tatum can win 2 FMVPs as the best player on a championship team while being all-league for like the next 7+ years, sure. Why not?

For Kobe’s age 26-28 he missed the playoffs once and got beat in the first round for the other two. Do you think that’s what will happen to Tatum trajectory-wise?
I don’t know either but you guys counting Kobe’s first three rings so lightly kind of makes that discussion moot

Kobe missed the playoffs on a not so great team but rebounded nicely , especially after getting gifted pau

Again- Tatum is on stacked teams and has been for most of his career so missing the playoffs shouldn’t be an issue nor losing in the first

I wonder how IT is gonna find minutes on the Suns. Like who are they gonna sit for him? They have a solid rotation already thats pretty guard heavy (Book, Beal, Allen, O'Neal). You could move people down to the 3 but I really just dont see how IT can fit in beyond this 10 day.

I wonder how IT is gonna find minutes on the Suns. Like who are they gonna sit for him? They have a solid rotation already thats pretty guard heavy (Book, Beal, Allen, O'Neal). You could move people down to the 3 but I really just dont see how IT can fit in beyond this 10 day.
Who said he was gonna get minutes? He’s basically there as insurance in case anyone gets injured

Tatum has too much high variance games. He settles for too many jump shots and 3’s. Isn’t an elite or even a great level playmaker to make up for it .

Thats what’s stopping him from getting into that top 5 tier

It still bothers me how Tatum plays. You can be a Kobe disciple, but you sell yourself short trying to emulate him.

Tatum has too much high variance games. He settles for too many jump shots and 3’s. Isn’t an elite or even a great level playmaker to make up for it .

Thats what’s stopping him from getting into that top 5 tier

This is reasonable criticism and is refreshing for this thread :nthat:

I don’t know either but you guys counting Kobe’s first three rings so lightly kind of makes that discussion moot

Kobe missed the playoffs on a not so great team but rebounded nicely , especially after getting gifted pau

Again- Tatum is on stacked teams and has been for most of his career so missing the playoffs shouldn’t be an issue nor losing in the first
So you don’t think it’s worth note that one guy got to play with a top 10-15 player ever in his prime during his early years, while the other got one year of a 4ft point guard and another couple with a career 2nd fiddle guy in Cryrie?

The teams you deem as stacked is literally because of Tatum himself being as good as he’s been. None of yall think Jaylen (also just now entering his prime) is like that, or that Marcus was any good.

This year’s team IS stacked. No excuses to at least make the finals.

Back
Top Bottom