The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Prime Rondo was the prototypical PG at one point. Dude was too smooth.

Theres zero chance I'd ever choose Rondo over Nash though.

What did Steve Nash accomplish beyond 2 illegitimate MVP’s?

Let’s be real.

15-10, regular season merchant who cares lol.

Jimbo knows he’s a free agent at the end of this season, right?

He’s not exactly helping his market value/negotiating leverage.

IMG_8194.gif

Rondo > Nash

the thing with rondo is IMO his value is added when you are a contender and need someone to be the glue for the team
he adds no value to a team like the pistons because if they win 5-10 more games they'll still be outta the playoff picture
but if u add him to a team like dallas, phoenix, milwaukee etc they will be even legit contenders
To be clear I’m not by any means saying Rondo wasn’t good.

But being a glue guy on a team that’s a contender is different than being the MVP (unfairly given or not) on a contender. Am I wrong?

Was that not his job though?

He couldn't really shoot ever :lol:, he just maximized what he could do well with his great vision.

On squads with a bunch of shooters and scoring talent, spamming assists was basically exactly what you needed out of your primary ball handler.
Nah he went full John Stockton those last few years.

System ain’t systeming

….? :lol: damn

I thought harden took a lowkey shot at Kawhi when he said he was trying to bring excitement to the team. But I figured PG's contract situation would cause issues. Don't really want to try to pursue a championship with one of your main guys blowing in the wind. Especially when they instantly extended Kawhi :lol:

In 2012 Rondo had a streak of 37 straight games with 10+ assists. It was during that stretch of games when his assist hunting became blatant. At times he was passing up layups to throw it back out so he could keep the streak going. Then one night it came to an end because he got ejected in the first half. :lol:

I'm not really understanding assist hunting for a pass first pg. That's like saying Kevin Durant or kobe were always points hunting. Sounds kinda silly no?

I will say he was a large part of two championships, something the Canadian never was able to acquire. Also was close to a third had he hit a corner three. So I guess it comes down to preference, u want two mvps or two chips?

I'm not really understanding assist hunting for a pass first pg. That's like saying Kevin Durant or kobe were always points hunting. Sounds kinda silly no?

I will say he was a large part of two championships, something the Canadian never was able to acquire. Also was close to a third had he hit a corner three. So I guess it comes down to preference, u want two mvps or two chips?

They pick and choose when winning and defense matters. It’s so annoying.

Nash better but has zero rings, MVPs everyone thinks should’ve went to Kobe and but when I say Bron is better than MJ they start talking about the extra 2 rings and a DPOY

There REALLY was a debate about VC making the hall of fame? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn near identical numbers/career as Dominique Wilkins.

Greatest dunker of all time (in game or contests) yes, that matters.

Raptors didn’t have a winning season or playoff appearances until VC got there. He influenced a whole generation of Canadians.

And also was behind one of Nikes biggest new shoe innovations (Shox) and had a whole branding campaign.

Nike VC 2s and 3s >>>>>>>>

Shout out Daytona Beach! Florida Boy for real

i'm not sure how we got here but steve nash and that suns' offense is partially responsible for where the league is today -get burned playing drop coverage or switch defenders and the roll man gets an open lane to the rim.

paved the way for that warriors' 2022 ring

I thought harden took a lowkey shot at Kawhi when he said he was trying to bring excitement to the team. But I figured PG's contract situation would cause issues. Don't really want to try to pursue a championship with one of your main guys blowing in the wind. Especially when they instantly extended Kawhi :lol:

Kawhi is about business. James Harden been acting goofy and doing immature stuff his whole career.

Kawhi doesn’t care about what dude thinks :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom