The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

JJJ is gonna come back in the game and pick up his 6th foul in like 90 seconds

JJJ has fouled out.

1676236381866.gif

maybe i’m wrong but does the play-in tournament enable this to an extent? teams like the warriors and lakers rest older veteran starters and essentially “throw away” games because they assume they’ll crack a 7-10 seed at the very least?

I think it's the exact opposite. The play-in serves two purposes IMO:

1. Gives more teams and opportunity to make the playoffs so those teams continue to play hard as opposed to tanking the entire second half of the season.

2. Creates a sense of urgency for teams 1-6 to avoid the play in. Even in the first couple years of the Play in tournament we've seen higher seeded teams lose. No team in the NBA wants to have their season come down to 1 or 2 games.

is Timelord gonna end up playing all 12 minutes of the 4th? amazing conditioning

in any case refs cheated boston out of a possession tho.. ball obviously grazed the rim

Guys like AD and Zion are legitimately injury prone. Not much the NBA can do about that, besides decrease the number of games played and they don’t seem to want to do that for $$$ reasons.

I agree that this might be the single biggest issue with the NBA (number two on the list is probably players forcing trades). The NBA sells itself as a star driven league and there are many fans who go to games to see their star players play even more than they go to see their favorite teams. It's hard to sell yourself as a star driven league when some of the biggest stars in the league are missing so many games.

I can think of 3 or 4 occasions where I didn't go to NBA games because I didn't think the biggest stars would be playing. I'm not really sure how the NBA fixes this though

List makes AD look like Cal Ripken

Back
Top Bottom