The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Chuck just called Naz, Paul Reid....says Towns and Gobert won't work against elite teams (beat Denver and Boston)...tell me you don't watch the Wolves, without saying you dont watch the Wolves.

Don’t see the issue with asking harden to be your 3rd best player. Like CP3 he can help you get through the regular season

Just listened to that Law guy on Sam Vecenie’s pod. Lot of good points made. Ultimately a good trade for both teams. Clippers raise their ceiling and Philly sets themselves up for another move since they couldn’t directly trade Jimbo for a star.

Denver still the best in the West.

Could see the Clips finishing as one of the top 2 seeds though in the regular season depending on how much Kawhi can play. They have better depth than Phoenix.

So obvious how Harden is gonna help this team.

Their offense goes to **** the second one of Kawhi/BPG loses the hot hand.

martin-lawrence-house-party.gif

I haven't seen anyone in here have the Wolves as top 6 let alone top 3 seed in the West, so while I'm skeptical of that ascertation, I ultimately agree...I had them top 5 last season, which obviously fell flat, but this was expected by me...others?...nah...how you gonna put on the no excuse list if you (general you) had them as a play-in contender only?
Most eligible cannot rest players in the league. Puts them straight to the top

Nope, just that the wolves have a team of great defenders not just one

Nah, let's not get it twisted. I told you that. You said they had a great defense in spite of Rudy and because they have great wing defenders.

You then moved the goal posts suddenly wanting to talk about Rudy in the playoffs. Now, out of nowhere, they on the #noexcuses list when you expected little of them to begin with - pretending like you knew all along. I know how you dudes move. I think you know ball, overall, but you didn't here and constantly move the goal posts so you don't expose your lack of knowledge on said subject.

You're banking on the odds of the Wolves getting ousted by the field like it'll be an "I told you so" moment...while the result may be correct, the way you arrived at that conclusion was completely devoid of what's actually happening.

Rudy has to challenge Draymond to a duel at high noon.

There's no way I can play in the same league with someone that choked me out like that and I just stood there. One of us has to go... This NBA ain't big enough for the both of us
Idk. Dray gon’ cheat the count, guaranteed.

Nah, let's not get it twisted. I told you that. You said they had a great defense in spite of Rudy and because they have great wing defenders.

You then moved the goal posts suddenly wanting to talk about Rudy in the playoffs. Now, out of nowhere, they on the #noexcuses list when you expected little of them to begin with - pretending like you knew. I know how you dudes move. I think you know ball, overall, but you didn't here and constantly move the goal posts so you don't expose your lack of knowledge on said subject.

You're banking on the odds of the Wolves getting ousted by the field like it'll be an "I told you so" moment...while the result may be correct, the way you arrived at that conclusion was completely devoid of what's actually happening.
Huh. Show me where I said they have good defense in spite of gobert

Huh #2, how is it moving the goalposts to talk about the playoffs when he’s always been a great regular season defender

Huh #3, I’ve been saying they’re top of the NoExcuses list since the summer time

Well, yes, the whole point of the season is to win the championship. I don’t understand how it’s a I told you so moment. Only one team wins

An I told you so moment would be me telling wavycrocket wavycrocket that he was dead wrong about Rudy’s supposed offensive potential, which was being stunted by Donovan mitchell

Huh. Show me where I said they have good defense in spite of gobert

Huh #2, how is it moving the goalposts to talk about the playoffs when he’s always been a great regular season defender

Huh #3, I’ve been saying they’re top of the NoExcuses list since the summer time

Well, yes, the whole point of the season is to win the championship. I don’t understand how it’s a I told you so moment. Only one team wins

An I told you so moment would be me telling wavycrocket wavycrocket that he was dead wrong about Rudy’s supposed offensive potential, which was being stunted by Donovan mitchell

****, man...it was just yesterday...really? Here ya go!....

Edwards really pushing through with the weird roster they put around him

That’s some elite stardom if I ever seent it

The team defense stats stand out but

By the numbers it still ain’t pretty for gobert. Towns advanced numbers at least look a little better than goberts but I don’t trust that pairing at all still

Far as this wolves team- Kyle anderson, mcdaniels and Edwards are legit defenders. Two of those guys could be All defensive team

!!!!

Huh? Gobert been dominant defensively. And that roster construction is probably the main reason they have the best defense in the League and are 7-2.

Even took my "Huh?" and used it as your own...

IMG_0748.gif

****, man...it was just yesterday...really? Here ya go!....

!!!!

Even took my "Huh?" and used it as your own...

IMG_0748.gif
Right, I stated that Edwards is making due with a two big lineup, which is weird way to construct your roster in this era

Wasn’t saying the defense was good so far in spite of gobert but more so giving Edwards credit for flourishing with two centers. Like I said I still don’t trust that pairing though

Was just mentioning how gobert has a number of good to great defenders around him to put things into perspective. Even towns is defending pretty well himself

This is a change for gobert from those later jazz iterations that focused on offense more so

Back
Top Bottom