The Official NBA Thread

They don’t have a player of giannis caliber to apply the kind of rim pressure he does.

True AD floats on the perimeter too much, but Bron still puts pressure on the rim in spurts enough, and bottom line they are getting good to great looks from 3.

At some point gotta knock down timely shots which is as big of a problem as the general non shooting. Even if they're going to consistently make only 30-33% of their 3s then those one they do hit need to count. Which last night didn't happen.

Funny enough, he's been the one showing initiative and leadership coming out of the offseason looking like a man on a mission :lol:

You can see that he put in a ton of work over the summer after another postseason failure and looks as locked in as we've seen him in years.

Would've been nice if Embiid brought the same mindset coming into this season
400 dribbles later. That gets to all his teams mates. He’s had like 900 teammates since coming into the league and guys always roll their eyes at him a few years later. Maybe it’s him

20221021_101600.jpg
Lol shoot me

True AD floats on the perimeter too much, but Bron still puts pressure on the rim in spurts enough, and bottom line they are getting good to great looks from 3.

At some point gotta knock down timely shots which is as big of a problem as the general non shooting. Even if they're going to consistently make only 30-33% of their 3s then those one they do hit need to count. Which last night didn't happen.

Eye test tells me Bron’s rim pressure is in transition. Definitely not what it was 10 years ago. That’s expected. But yeah eventually Bev will make shots. Nunn too. But Lonnie and Russ? Not happening

He makes 47 MILLION DOLLARS AND HAD 2 POINTS ON 0-11 SHOOTING

Come on man :lol: no one even saying things that are out of bounds

And his attitude about it all kind of sucks. He’s made it clear that he has no intention of doing anything differently in the interest of helping the team. And then acts like a victim because he’s dissatisfied with his role. That’s why I can’t feel sorry for him.

But asking for him to get hurt or people talking about his wife/kids is too far.

The only Lake with that dawg in him

Those Lakers fans who actually think Beverley isn't an asset to the team and should be traded...those fans should be traded along with Russ to another team's fanbase as well :lol:

The Lakers signed Pat Bev so he can play the Playoff Rondo role aka player-coach on the floor. Rondo couldn't shoot either, but we all know how valuable Rondo was in the locker room and on the court with all the intangibles he brought in '19-'20.

So wiping your books of over $150 million of Randle and Fournier who've been actively shopped since last season, keeping Reddish (who aint resigning anyway) and you get a future 1st that will almost assuredly be top 5 when Bron/AD bounce? Nah. :lol:

Lakers need wings. And talent. If Reddish is available, you can talk future 1st.

Its a clunky fit with Randle, but it can't be worse than Rustle.

Neither team is considering this anyway, but in theory I'd be willing to roll the dice.

Counter…

No Reddish. But add a 2027 or 2029 1st RD pick.

One of those picks have to go.

You guys know that man :lol:

Lakers showed some grit and resilience. Could've folded a couple times when clips got up big. Cannot shoot any worse going forward

Clips depth is insane. Mann and nico barely played. Kawhi was on limited minutes, too. Lue will have luxury to ride the hot hand on any given night without sacrificing much

Lolakers can keep Disabled but they’ll still need a pf who plays like one. They also need shooting.

476F291D-A812-4C5C-8794-C0C71D26C91A.jpeg

By the time the deadline rolls around & LA is still fighting for a play-in spot. No trade partners emerging to help them hopefully.

Randle homecoming. The French baguette adds some much needed shooting. IQ can do the same thing Russ is for pennies on the dollar relatively.

It’s gonna be pricey for the desperate Lakeshow with whomever they end up dealing with.

Took Cam off the table cuz it looks like he may get some time in the rotation after all.

If you're basing this off of the last two games, then yes, but the main reason is that Embiid played like a dog . There were 0 points and 3 turnovers in the second half last night. It's uncharacteristically bad.

I also would have agreed with you prior to the season that Bos and Mil are a tier above on paper. But looking at Harden now and how well he plays, I want to see what this team can do when Embiid is back to his MVP form and the new guys get comfortable.

The one thing we will probably not have an answer for any time soon is the coaching. Doc sucks, Plain and simple. His game plan for the last two games made me want to pull my hair out. Like how can you turn Maxey into a spot-up shooter? The heck is wrong with Doc?
Not just off last 2 games.
- We’ve seen Harden be impressive and spurts. Will have to see for an extended period before I buy back into him.
- Coaching is bad.
- Defense isn’t great, especially when Harden and Maxey both suck and Embiid’s conditioning is poor.
- Completely reliant on Harden and Embiid’s foul baiting shenanigans working at a high level.

They are solidly in whatever Tier 2 is.

Back
Top Bottom