The Official NBA Thread

"ok"
head-nod-bet.gif

:lol: at posting HP basketball. I thought you were better than that!

Vando started the first 11/12 playoff games. That left 3 defensive players on the lineup to cover for Reaves & Dlo. That’s enough to be a solid defensive team.

When Vando got played off the floor by the Nuggets it impacted everything. Vando was clueless on offense, crashing boards because he couldn’t do anything else and it led to hella fast break opportunities. Ok so he gets subbed out for Rui. Rui is a decent defender but he can’t guard Jokic. People calling Rui a Jokic defender was dumb (Bron was the better Jokic defender but you need his legs for offense), it only “worked” because it let AD protect the paint and play weak side help.

Basically, at the wcf level you need all of your players to be 2 way players or at least decent each way. Look at Dlo’s defensive rating for the WCF. Look at AD’s defensive rating with Dlo and without Dlo.

This is what I mean when I say AD discourse is so broken. They want him to be the greatest defensive player of all time while simultaneously having 35% usage and putting up 30 ppg.

Last edited:
The only other TOP player who has even close to the defensive responsibilities of AD is Giannis and he plays with a DPOY candidate center and a perennial DPOY candidate at guard.

There is no top 10 or top 25 player tasked with AD’s load on defense.

There is no player in the world asked to be the best defensive player on the world whole simultaneously being a top 10 option on offense.

And you know what, if AD provides best defense in the world and still gives you 20/10, that is an all time great player. Maybe he’s not the best in the league but he’s still amazing.

But it’s like I’ve been saying forever, discourse around my boy is broken because people don’t know what they’re watching.

:lol: at posting HP basketball. I thought you were better than that!

Vando started 11/12 games. That left 3 defensive players on the lineup to cover for Reaves & Dlo. That’s enough to be a solid defensive team.

When Vando got played off the floor by the Nuggets it impacted everything. Vando was clueless on offense, crashing boards because he couldn’t do anything else and it led to hella fast break opportunities. Ok so he gets subbed out for Rui. Rui is a decent defender but he can’t guard Jokic. People calling Rui a Jokic defender was dumb (Bron was the better Jokic defender but you need his legs for offense), it only “worked” because it let AD protect the paint and play weak side help.

Basically, at the wcf level you need all of your players to be 2 way players or at least decent each way. Look at Dlo’s defensive rating for the WCF. Look at AD’s defensive rating with Dlo and without Dlo.

This is what I mean when I say AD discourse is so broken. They want him to be the greatest defensive player of all time while simultaneously having 35% usage and putting up 30 ppg.

Nah we just want him to be the best player on the floor every night for the vast majority of the time for at minimum for the Lakers like he's supposed to have been since 2020. But either his brittle body or lackadaisical attitude has prevented that an subsequently the team has suffered for it.

Everyone has bad games, not saying they don't, hell I was the one championing him as BITW after that run in 2020 before anyone. Thing is THAT guy has only been seen in spurts and almost inexplicably this postseason every other game. For a 38 year old to play every minute in an elimination game and this dude to be sitting on the sideline and not really have had an impact on said game is embarrassing for someone of his talent level. Always the same refrain to after every subpar performance, I gotta look in the mirror, I gotta be better for Bron how he said last night in the press conference but it's just talk.

They've been trying to hand him the keys for 3 seasons now and he refuses to take them. That's not a franchise guy especially for THIS one.

Nah we just want him to be the best player on the floor every night for the vast majority of the time for at minimum for the Lakers like he's supposed to have been since 2020. But either his brittle body or lackadaisical attitude has prevented that an subsequently the team has suffered for it.

Everyone has bad games, not saying they don't, hell I was the one championing him as BITW after that run in 2020 before anyone. Thing is THAT guy has only been seen in spurts and almost inexplicably this postseason every other game. For a 38 year old to play every minute in an elimination game and this dude to be sitting on the sideline and not really have had an impact on said game is embarrassing for someone of his talent level. Always the same refrain to after every subpar performance, I gotta look in the mirror, I gotta be better for Bron how he said last night in the press conference but it's just talk.

They've been trying to hand him the keys for 3 seasons now and he refuses to take them. That's not a franchise guy especially for THIS one.

You were trynna trade AD for Kyrie in February and didn’t have much to say when AD was carrying the team the last 3 months.

This is like when Vegeta put his pride to the side and put on the Potara to beat Super Buu

What a time.

Hell nah. HP is the worst of all em. Been on twitter for like 14 years and he has the worst takes of anybody in the nba online media
At least he comes with CONCRETE evidence, takes aside

Lowe gets so much respect for what exactly. His opinions ain’t no better than anyone else’s nor very nuanced in any way

Back
Top Bottom