The Official NBA Thread

. Jags Super Bowl SZN loading....

1688346019952.gif

Maxey too once he is paid.

Poole was defensively challenged last year and was a key part of the 2022 title run. Herro’s offense would have been valuable for Miami in the Finals when the Undrafteds went cold. No expectations for Simons so I can’t say what his true value is. Maxey was big in the Sixers taking a 3-2 lead over the Celtics and he wasn’t eem fully unleashed.

They have value but they just need to be in the right situation. Until the market changes, starting caliber 20PPG combo guards are still going to make north of $20-25MM.

^^^ I haven’t researched it; but I would imagine that most big talent agencies take some Ls along with the Ws. Kind of the nature of the game if you have a roster of clients with a range of talent levels.

Poole was defensively challenged last year and was a key part of the 2022 title run. Herro’s offense would have been valuable for Miami in the Finals when the Undrafteds went cold. No expectations for Simons so I can’t say what his true value is. Maxey was big in the Sixers taking a 3-2 lead over the Celtics and he wasn’t eem fully unleashed.

They have value but they just need to be in the right situation. Until the market changes, starting caliber 20PPG combo guards are still going to make north of $20-25MM.
Poole was valuable for Golden state but his minutes were still cut when it really mattered in the finals. I agree though great situation for him at the time. Herro is pretty much always terrible in the playoffs. Maxey had some good games but when he isn’t scoring he’s utterly useless.

Correct on the money. Getting value in a trade is the challenge if you decide to move.

Maxey might have a little more juice though. He might become like the elite example of this type of player. I'll probably feel differently after this next year though and realize he's basically in the same bucket as the other listed players.

Poole was valuable for Golden state but his minutes were still cut when it really mattered in the finals. I agree though great situation for him at the time. Herro is pretty much always terrible in the playoffs. Maxey had some good games but when he isn’t scoring he’s utterly useless.

Correct on the money. Getting value in a trade is the challenge if you decide to move.

Maxey might have a little more juice though. He might become like the elite example of this type of player. I'll probably feel differently after this next year though and realize he's basically in the same bucket as the other listed players.

Probably need a bigger sample size but I wonder if these types of players are like running backs in the NFL where they are most valuable to teams on their rookie deals. They are good as supplementary pieces when they aren’t paid a ton and you have a built out roster but things become challenging when they are taking up a decent portion of your cap.

Simons is one year into his extension and Herro/Poole’s didn’t even start yet and we are already talk in nt about how they aren’t valuable :lol:

Back
Top Bottom