The Official NBA Thread

It's an odd take that you are blaming Adam silver for making business decisions when he's literally the commissioner of the league. Also all of these business decisions literally make players more money. They should be happy that their legs commissioner is lining their pockets with the additional revenue from these partnerships and opportunities.

I guess you could blame Adam silver for doing his job as commissioner to well because the players are paid so much money that they don't want to get hurt.

The only time we ever see decent NBA All-Star games is when it's a close game in a fourth quarter. Even that classic 2003 All-Star game was only good because it was close in the final minutes of the game. The 2020 All-Star game was awesome for the same reason.

Not sure how the NBA could do it but they need to manufacture a way for the games to be closer so players will play harder.

The NFL pro Bowl is in the exact same situation. The pro Bowl in Hawaii and the surrounding festivities used to be cool. The throwing competitions, the bench press, NFL's fastest man.

Now players are doing everything to avoid injury and I can't blame them. You would look like a complete fool tearing a pec benching when you don't need to or tearing a muscle in your legs during a meaningless race.

The difference between The situation that NBA and NFL are in is that the NFL doesn't need the pro Bowl at all. The NFL is already getting record ratings throughout the regular season of playoffs. The NBA on the other hand needs the All-Star game as a showcase

It seems you managed to miss my point, so I’ll restate it: Adam Silver has little right to complain about players prioritizing business above the “purity of the game,” considering he’s done the same throughout his tenure as commissioner.

All Star games just seem like a dying event overall, no matter what league/sport…If they really wanna keep ASW as a big thing they need to focus on Saturday night and making the whole weekend a time ppl really look forward to going for fun outside the game

Nobody is that excited about watching these dudes on Sunday night anymore

Man as shorty’s, we use to get excited to watch the game for the new ASG jerseys or all star kicks.

MJ and Jordan Brand routinely dropped an all-star version of kicks. We don’t even get excited about the “feetwork” anymore.

The Jersey’s look so generic. The NBA tries to make everything a spectacle, except the actual gear.

1000004864.gif

It's an odd take that you are blaming Adam silver for making business decisions when he's literally the commissioner of the league. Also all of these business decisions literally make players more money. They should be happy that their legs commissioner is lining their pockets with the additional revenue from these partnerships and opportunities.

I guess you could blame Adam silver for doing his job as commissioner to well because the players are paid so much money that they don't want to get hurt.

The only time we ever see decent NBA All-Star games is when it's a close game in a fourth quarter. Even that classic 2003 All-Star game was only good because it was close in the final minutes of the game. The 2020 All-Star game was awesome for the same reason.

Not sure how the NBA could do it but they need to manufacture a way for the games to be closer so players will play harder.

The NFL pro Bowl is in the exact same situation. The pro Bowl in Hawaii and the surrounding festivities used to be cool. The throwing competitions, the bench press, NFL's fastest man.

Now players are doing everything to avoid injury and I can't blame them. You would look like a complete fool tearing a pec benching when you don't need to or tearing a muscle in your legs during a meaningless race.

The difference between The situation that NBA and NFL are in is that the NFL doesn't need the pro Bowl at all. The NFL is already getting record ratings throughout the regular season of playoffs. The NBA on the other hand needs the All-Star game as a showcase

I can’t recall anyone ever getting injured in the all star game. Kobe’s broken nose maybe? Like it’s a lame excuse.

Man as shorty’s, we use to get excited to watch the game for the new ASG jerseys or all star kicks.

MJ and Jordan Brand routinely dropped an all-star version of kicks. We don’t even get excited about the “feetwork” anymore.

The Jersey’s look so generic. The NBA tries to make everything a spectacle, except the actual gear.

It’s because they allowed players to wear whatever during the regular season thus it takes away some of the allure from the ASW kicks. It used to be so dope when they would drop the kicks the matching t shirt and other merch.

Even when David stern loosened up on what the players could wear in the court in 2008 (you can wear any color sneaker as long as it has your teams color in it), there was still some energy when it came to man events (ASW Easter etc). But once Adam silver totally allowed the players to war whatever it hasn’t been the same.

Last edited:
Get rid of the three-point line is the only reasonable solution I've seen.
Every other possession is a dude bringing it up and pulling from 30. Yes doing that makes it much easier to win MVP but I wanna see a nice dunk every now and then. West AS got that memo

Every other possession is a dude bringing it up and pulling from 30. Yes doing that makes it much easier to win MVP but I wanna see a nice dunk every now and then. West AS got that memo

Players been pulling up from 30 for the past 10 years in the NBA regular season, you guys can’t possibly think dudes are going to change their style of play during an ASG.

They play like this during the regular season. Michael Porter Jr is notorious for this.
Silver should be upset at himself and analytics, not the players. This is the style of pace that’s been cultivated by the league and Silver.

Players been pulling up from 30 for the past 10 years in the NBA regular season, you guys can’t possibly think dudes are going to change their style of play during an ASG.

They play like this during the regular season. Michael Porter Jr is notorious for this.
Silver should be upset at himself and analytics, not the players. This is the style of pace that’s been cultivated by the league and Silver.
It’s incentivized more in this game because making those shots (and a good number) makes it easier to win MVP

The pace itself isn’t an issue, it’s the pace and then every possession being a pull from 30. Fast pace and guys clearing the lane is fun

I think it's just a generational thing. Kids are watching recent all-star games the same way we watched them when we were kids thinking they were the greatest thing ever. In 2045, they'll be complaining about those games saying "remember how great 2023 was? I wish we could go back to that."

It’s because they allowed players to wear whatever during the regular season thus it takes away some of the allure from the ASW kicks. It used to be so dope when they would drop the kicks the matching t shirt and other merch.

Even when David stern loosened up on what the players could wear in the court in 2008 (you can wear any color sneaker as long as it has your teams color in it), there was still some energy when it came to man events (ASW Easter etc). But once Adam silver totally allowed the players to war whatever it hasn’t been the same.
Screenshot_20240206-145249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom