The Official NBA Thread

3 point shooting percentage has fallen significantly, transition defense is abhorrent, half court defense is disorganized and mistake prone, and regardless of whether they play a big line-up or small ball, they don’t rebound well. Other teams know all this and are exploiting it.

For a while, fatigue, injuries and lack of line-up continuity could explain the drop-off in performance, but now it’s clearly in all thier heads and the team is just a complete mess.
I would also add not having world class amenities in their “home” arena isn’t helping.

wavycrocket wavycrocket B Sox B Sox Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius frshstunna frshstunna and anybody else from Bmore,y’all good?

I seen that soon as I woke up. Supposedly the ship lost power, It was only a construction crew on it that stopped some cars from crossing

Never woulda thought a bridge could go down that easy. **** Looks like Lego. Scary ****.

wavycrocket wavycrocket B Sox B Sox Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius frshstunna frshstunna and anybody else from Bmore,y’all good?

Thanks for checking dawg, all good on my end…Idk how a big *** ship runs into and destroys a whole bridge :smh: , but good thing it was a Monday late night with not alotta folks on it…Hope it was just an accident and nothing sinister, cuz that bridge being gone gon mess up alotta stuff in travel and business

I always was uneasy about and tried to avoid bridges stretching over anything for a distance, this won’t help with my bridge scariness :lol:

Last edited:
This is crazy.

In no way should a major American city have a bridge that collapses if a container ship hits it. Especially a port city.

Those container ships are massive though. This was just a perfect storm. Some bridges are actually designed to buckle. Being too rigid is actually unsafe for most bridges.

This was just an unfortunately situation. Human engineering plus human error isn’t uncommon

Thanks for checking dawg, all good on my end…Idk how a big *** ship runs into and destroys a whole bridge :smh: , but good thing it was a Monday late night with not alotta folks on in …Hope it was just an accident and nothing sinister, cuz that bridge being gone gon mess up alotta stuff in travel and business

I always was uneasy about and tried to avoid bridges stretching over anything for a distance, this won’t help with my bridge scariness :lol:
Im the same way with bridges that stretch over water, especially being from NOLA,it took me back to when I-10 twin spans toppled like dominos during Katrina

IMG_8150.jpeg

i don't know if bridges are designed for that kind of impact from that side
not saying whether they should or shouldn't
i believe in preventative controls, as in there should be blockades around those pylons way in front to provent a rogue or "dead" ship to float into the pylon similar to how there are Bollards installed around buildings

Im the same way with bridges that stretch over water, especially being from NOLA,it took me back to when I-10 twin spans toppled like dominos during Katrina

IMG_8150.jpeg
Mane im trying to tell you, folks can have these water bridges…if I can’t fly there I’ll just stay on my side I’m good :lol:

SF bridge, those Miami joints etc I want no parts

I don't think any bridge in the world could have survived that impact

Maybe some won't completely fall apart like this one did

But that is tens thousands of tons hitting it. That is a freak accident that engineers don't plan for.

The video is crazy. Like something out of a movie or Call of Duty cutscene.

Yeah all good, appreciate you checking in. Crazy as hell though.

I probably drive over it a couple times a month when I have work out that way.

Bridge isn’t even THAT old . Just a perfect storm of unfortunate **** happening. Sounds like the captain followed proper protocols and whatnot. Just nothing that can be done.

Major port city. Definitely gonna make a big impact.

I just seen the video, the ship lost power twice while approaching the bridge and the bridge went down immediately, this is crazy.
You would think it should be some stuff in place not to allow a whole ship to run smack Into a bridge, but also not really surprising seeing how things are run overall in this country

Bro that bridge is incredibly old. Look at it.

A modern bridge can absolutely withstand it.
It’s 47 years old. That isn’t **** in the grand scheme of things. GW Bridge is twice that age :lol:

Trucks carrying hazardous stuff can’t go through the tunnels, so that was the easiest way to keep going up 95. Now they gotta go like an hour out the way.

Back
Top Bottom