The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Tatum know he ain't getting no MVP love no time soon.

Never seen a player that's top 3 in scoring, top 3 overall record year after year not get any real MVP consideration.

Embiid , Jokic , Giannis over the years have had better cases.

This year you can put shai as well.

SmartSelect_20240220_000339_YouTube.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-27-at-11.16.55-AM-1016x1024.png

final_5db12e745333470014879a3b_587067.jpg

I wanted Sean Marks and Jacque Vaughn gone, but I'll settle for just Vaughn :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Hopefully they do a real coaching search this time. That **** hasn't been done Nets hired Atkinson smh

Never seen a player that's top 3 in scoring, top 3 overall record year after year not get any real MVP consideration.

Joker/Yanni/Embiid have been putting up video game numbers in the regular season on good teams. Tatum has been on the tier right below it.

Tatum obviously better than Embiid come playoff time, but that’s not relevant for this argument.

I wanted Sean Marks and Jacque Vaughn gone, but I'll settle for just Vaughn :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Hopefully they do a real coaching search this time. That **** hasn't been done Nets hired Atkinson smh

I have complete faith in Sean Marks, who is about to hire his fourth head coach in as many years & build the team around a 28 year old non-star.

I'm going to assume he's joking here.

If not, this whole it's cool not to care thing is getting tiresome.

Dame said this plenty of times in past interviews. Very few guys are obsessed with the game and rather be doing other stuff.
Some guys get their NBA fix off 2k

Kevin Ollie has potential too.

Joker/Yanni/Embiid have been putting up video game numbers in the regular season on good teams. Tatum has been on the tier right below it.

Tatum obviously better than Embiid come playoff time, but that’s not relevant for this argument.

Tatum also has 4 other double digit scoring all-star caliber players on his team. Take away 1-2 of those dudes and he's averaging 30+ easy.

I mean, when you are competing against Joker, Embiid (When healthy), Luka and Giannis, it's hard to argue against them stats and impact wise. The one narrative that will work in his favour is being the best player on the best team (which I am surprised is not being talked about as much).

Adam Silver got exactly what he wanted. Even with an uncompetitive ASG, sports radio and tv have talked about the game non-stop. During what is a dead time in basketball and after a hella boring trade deadline, the nba is still a part of the conversation.

Play will resume, we’re all gonna forget how boring the ASG is because of the playoff race; and then next season, we’re gonna be upset about all star snubs, watch the game, complain about the same ****, and repeat the same cycle.

I don’t really care about the asg the way i did when i was a kid. I can’t even be mad at players for taking the game off. These dudes just played 50 regular season games, with travel, and we want them to go hard for an exhibition game when the rest of their peers have PTO?
its part of their job bud

i will gladly take their place and care a whole lot more

That **** is so annoying to me

They do it for regular games too, just not as bad. Like always and extra 5-10 extra minutes for things to start. Like the NBA thinks pre-games commercials are part of the fan experience.

Like tomorrow I am saying home to watch UEFA.

Paramount says it is starting at 12pm. When I put it on at 12, they getting going.

What’s your team Rusty? Or just a casual observer?

As for another potential solution for the Allstar game woes, Cam made a great point about tying in more or having bigger stakes for charities represented by the players.

Everyone these days is or will be investing their money if wise. That extra 💴 incentive they’re demanding can go towards good pr and charity for others far & near.
If I donate my winnings towards the charity staff for their efforts & it just happens to be only family on the board then that’s rite time rite place for them. That should be enuff money incentive to get the players on the court in the right mind.
Then it becomes about pride and respect for the game. As Kobe lamented, those summer runs be way better and competitive than that trash we got Sunday beginning at 8:40 est scheduled for 8.

Back
Top Bottom