The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Bro it has, tremendously. It's gross

I first moved from Cal to Dallas in 2017 and lived there for 3 years. It was a dream lol. I was living like a got damb king, better than I ever had on practically an average salary lmao. But even at that time I would always hear people saying their property taxes were going way up because of people like me... amongst other things

I moved back for Covid and stayed in Cal for 3 years... lived pretty good too.... but lost my job and was floundering... asked my old job what was up and they had me on a plane back within a week...

Arrived back to Dallas in New Year 2023 solely for the reason that I thought I could live like a King again lol... thank god I counter offered their initial salary because... I would have been SCREWED

2020's price aint today's price out here and I'm sure the rest of the country too :lol: traffic is horrible now, everything costs $317, it's getting a little crazy out this way. Gas is still under $3 though so I'll take it lol

This whole area is going to transform and I'm somewhat against it. I loved Dallas and the surrounding areas for what it was. I really don't want to see it become so commercial and big city. I'm really hoping it can keep its charm (imo it had charm lol)
yeah man. I'm in the northeast and I'm sure the natives in the south, like Atlanta, Charlotte and Florida in particular are tired of seeing NY, NJ, PA and MA license plates.

Bro it has, tremendously. It's gross

I first moved from Cal to Dallas in 2017 and lived there for 3 years. It was a dream lol. I was living like a got damb king, better than I ever had on practically an average salary lmao. But even at that time I would always hear people saying their property taxes were going way up because of people like me... amongst other things

I moved back for Covid and stayed in Cal for 3 years... lived pretty good too.... but lost my job and was floundering... asked my old job what was up and they had me on a plane back within a week...

Arrived back to Dallas in New Year 2023 solely for the reason that I thought I could live like a King again lol... thank god I counter offered their initial salary because... I would have been SCREWED

2020's price aint today's price out here and I'm sure the rest of the country too :lol: traffic is horrible now, everything costs $317, it's getting a little crazy out this way. Gas is still under $3 though so I'll take it lol

This whole area is going to transform and I'm somewhat against it. I loved Dallas and the surrounding areas for what it was. I really don't want to see it become so commercial and big city. I'm really hoping it can keep its charm (imo it had charm lol
Dallas has always been huge, to me anyways, granite this is coming from someone from Oklahoma while you were from Cali so I can see how we'd have opposite perspectives there. Traffic has never not been miserable that I remember, although I do love the express lanes your boy be 95 in them ****s easy. My sister moved down there (Grapevine/Keller actually) maybe 7 years ago or so, lives in some nice but cookie cutter apartments called SageWood Village, ****s is like $2200 for the 2 bed 2 bath with garage. They're hella nice but its crazy, and they're all connected or in one continuous block with neighboring apartments that are like 99% similar and called Sage Tree, Sage Waters, Sage Blossoms, etc blah blah and all the same modern, square, dark brown with grey and concrete. Always a fun visit, but sometimes I wonder how I'd adjust to living there. I hate traffic I get mad when it takes me more than 20 minutes to get somewhere like during rush hour but OKC was intentionally designed as a grid which makes it easy to jump off the highway and run directly parallel either on a service road and a regular street

making banned posters wear the scarlet letter :lol:

1708523173737.jpeg
showing NT'ers yellow cards

Yellow Card Referee GIF - Yellow Card Referee Crazy - Discover & Share GIFs

and letting them carry it over is :nthat:

some dudes may not make it to the knockout rounds

This is crazy. We can’t handle this access to gambling as a society

All these sports leagues are complicit. Have gambling commercials, tv shows dedicated to bets and allowing gambling companies the ability to sponsor teams. It's really gross. We've even seen how gambling on NT has evolved. I think we will look back 15 years from now and see how gambling culture negatively impacted society.

It’s kind of disturbing how normalized it’s become. Back when the only options were shady offshore books, no one really openly talked about betting. I remember dissuading anyone that asked me about how they could place a bet from doing so.
It’s wild to me. Pretty much every sports talk radio show I listen too, even if they don’t have direct partnerships with parts of the gambling “machine” regular talk about spreads, over-unders, prop. bets, etc.

I think the general acceptance and mainstreaming of gambling is especially weird to me because it’s within my lifetime that habitual sports gamblers were guys who bet with illegal bookies.

@danikerhino brought this up the other day.

i think someone said it's code switching, but this definitely doesn't sound like code switching. this is more like a really noticeable change in voice inflection. seems like he can't control when his voice changes –it goes from sounding like someone with raspy sore throat to someone with a nasally voice. hella strange.
Yeah this doesn't sound like a Kat situation, more like something that naturally happens at the back of the throat (pause) that he doesn't think about.

Back
Top Bottom