The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

I agree which is why I think we should remove the national anthem, military presentations, and the soldiers coming home surprises from all sporting events.

You know those little coming home clips when the soldier surprises the family at the game or on the jumbotron? Clip it, I'm here to watch a game not be force fed propaganda.
I remember when I first started feeling cringe about the whole military showing at sports. Especially the “omg he’s back home after being at war!!!!” Surprise moments

Donald Trump, Kid Rock, Sage Steele and Candace Owens at that UFC event gushing over one another was bizarre. Politics and religion in sports is gross to me.

How is that bizarre? That’s as American as apple pie. I don’t know what America you all grew up in, none of this should be surprising :lol: :lol:

America literally would send entertainers, comedians, athletes, etc to schmooze and “cheer up” troops during wars.

Bob Hope was always in the mix. Had buddy all over, from Guam to Vietnam. As long as we have sports, they’ll set aside segments to acknowledge the military. It is, what it is

"There is a difference between the type of talent you are historically and the type of career you've had"

That quote from Tim encapsulates how I feel about KD. The way KD has talked about (one of the most dominant scores ever, completely unguardable, no flaw to his offensive game, etc) you would think he would have 4-5 championships, especially when you consider the level of talent he has assembled around himself.

Are we ready to have the "Kevin Durant might be overrated historically" conversation?

"There is a difference between the type of talent you are historically and the type of career you've had"

That quote from Tim encapsulates how I feel about KD. The way KD has talked about (one of the most dominant scores ever, completely unguardable, no flaw to his offensive game, etc) you would think he would have 4-5 championships, especially when you consider the level of talent he has assembled around himself.

Are we ready to have the "Kevin Durant might be overrated historically" conversation?

He’s not overrated. He’s just passive and incapable of rallying the guys from a leadership standpoint.

Last edited:
He’s not overrated. His just passive and not the type of guy that can rally the guys

It all depends on where you have him rated. I've been of the opinion that Kevin Durant is a top 20 player but closer to 20 than 10, closer to Julius Irving than than LeBron.

If Durant never went to Golden State there's a good chance he never wins a championship and he is a guy who scored a lot of points but never won anything.

"This Veteran's Day, we solemnly remember our Heroes with commemorative jerseys. Brought to you by DRAFT KINGS!!!! THE LEADER IN ONLINE, UP-TO-THE-SECOND, WAGERING ON SPORTS,! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, CALL 1-800-WE-DONT-CARE! Additional charges may apply"

tuned out after the first quarter yesterday , double header softball game after work
didnt get home til like 1130pm

my AR :emoji_hugging:
my DPOTY AD :pimp:
my basketball player d'lo :pimp:

masterclass by glen rivers 8)

Good morning playas

Swag Walk GIF Swag Walk Dance Discover Share GIFs, 51% OFF

I personally enjoy watching the Mavs and Kings more than the LA Free-Throw Differentials, but it’s all a matter of personal preference. No wrong answers.

I also currently hate watching the team I root for, which is less than ideal.

It all depends on where you have him rated. I've been of the opinion that Kevin Durant is a top 20 player but closer to 20 than 10, closer to Julius Irving than than LeBron.

If Durant never went to Golden State there's a good chance he never wins a championship and he is a guy who scored a lot of points but never won anything.

He’s in that Kobe, George Gervin, Larry Bird, Hakeem, type range. His scoring is undeniable. Dude will end with well over 30,000+ points.

KD is a basketball icon but his career is just weird as hell :lol:

He’s in that Kobe, George Gervin, Larry Bird, Hakeem, type range. His scoring is undeniable. Dude will end with well over 30,000+ points.

KD is a basketball icon but his career is just weird as hell :lol:

I wouldn't even put all of these players on the same tier.

Kobe, Hakeem and Bird are all on a separate level from KD IMO. They all won multiple championships with the team that drafted them, never formed a super team, all clearly the best player on multiple championship teams. I have Kobe, Hakeem and Bird all in the top 11.

I would put KD on that level with George Gervin.

Been doing that since I was a kid in school and I turned 38 last Friday. Hell, here in Texas, they pledge to both the US AND Texas flag.

Well that's just Texas.

I'm pretty sure y'all eat breakfast with a magazine clip instead of a spoon, play God bless America to set the mood when your shorty over, and have a picture of George Bush is your house above the fireplace.

Back
Top Bottom