:: The Official NT Writer / Writing / Writtens Thread ::

G is my sister.. somebody gotta watch out for my princess man...
grin.gif

This is a good thread.

I had some semblance of a story I wanted to put together but I just could never get the motivation to do it.
frown.gif

I kinda wanted to do a coming-of-age sort of thing but everything is just way too disjointed to mesh into a story that makes sense.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

This is a good thread.

I had some semblance of a story I wanted to put together but I just could never get the motivation to do it.
frown.gif

I kinda wanted to do a coming-of-age sort of thing but everything is just way too disjointed to mesh into a story that makes sense.
Write a first draft with your ideas as you currently see them and then reassess your thoughts and emotions and infuse them into the piece via revision.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]There it go again[/h2]

by Young Rilla on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 4:25pm

I used to think I was better than the last me...

Caterpillar Rilla.. but that was last week..

Ask Leaf, yeah I butterflew fastly

...But I left the same holes in the last tree.

The Evolution of the "bad" me
...Is nothing but the revolution of a PAST me, Sadly..
As we proceed, the grass green....

When you focus *off* the past flings..  but that stings!

So...

We add things.. and change what was..

"Corny"s the new love.. and love's a drug

Addiction is hard to break.. HARDER to fake

It's way more in Indiana than that and a lake..

But this Indiana Beeeeach that I happened to take

Is missing a few grains... and that's a mistake

Excuse me if I laugh at your wake.. not when you die girl

Just when your waves splash in my face

WITH NO REACTION

...and that's a disgrace, when what we COULD be..

Is good friends...but that %+@! can wait..

I do what I can to manage the hate..

Good friends, good weed, and a package of Grapes..

but there it go again..

Here's a little from the last thing I wrote. It probably doesn't make sense because it's a excerpt from something I have in the works...

She makes me feel so emasculated. It’s like I’m a freshman in high school all over again, looking up to that one upperclassman who all the girls talk about in the locker room. I’m trying to copy the walk, the clothing, the way Brooke goes about her business.

I know that as long as I spend time with her, I can never be the alpha male. I’ll always be second in command, and that's something that I’m so unused to. I don’t know why I’m ok with that, but I’m content. She has to be the coolest @%!%*+#*%!!* alive. She is every girl that every girl has ever wanted to %$*$. Even the “straight

i've been going through some things with this girl...which inspired me to write this...
its just me puttin my thoughts out...

before i met you
days were dull and life was clear

i was able to be cold in order to achieve...
to be ambitious, to have prestige

accomplishments were obtained
and life was so bland

until the day i met you
and life began

bein cold wasn't the way
ambition didn't matter

ur smile is all i thought
as my ways unwound

i discovered the man i was destined to be
and envisioned the man I was slowly becoming

I wanted to change. And my heart warmed up
but deep thoughts trapped my persona
and i lost u

i still think that we belong
but i walk a fine line

and feelings are piling up
and i cant breathe when theyre left unspoken

but i can't voice them
to you or anyone

its sad that its easier to repress..
than to constantly feel for you

so i display a calm demeanor
to hide what's real, what i feel

and i give attention to other girls
just to see a glimpse of what your hiding as well

but where do we go from now?
because i'm not where I wanna be

word to Donnel Jones

I'm a government and politics major, so most of the writing I do is for school. Here is an overview of a chapter of a book that we are reading in my Law, Morality, and War class. If there is any other polisci majors reading this, than I highly recommend that you take a class on war theory because you will certainly learn a lot more than you could ever imagine. Again this is just an overview so it may confuse some of you, but if you would like to know more than feel free to ask. 

In chapter 17 Walzer (1977) seems to be arguing that the use of nuclear weapons exists outside of the normal war convention and traditional just war principles. Walzer does this by arguing that the atomic bombing of Japan caused a permanent state of supreme emergency. Therefore, the only plausible way of using nuclear weapons is to have them as a deterrent to actual nuclear warfare because "we threaten evil in order not to do it, and the doing of it would be so terrible that the threat seems in comparison to be morally defensible" (p. 274). This type of warfare exists outside of the normal war convention and traditional just war principles because Walzer believes that a limited nuclear war is not possible. Furthermore, moving beyond the threat of nuclear war and applying war theory to nuclear war is not possible because doing so would suggest that there is way to win a war with the use of nuclear weapons.

According to Walzer there is no winning in nuclear war because the subsequent nuclear retaliation would only serve to "drag our enemies into the abyss after us" (p. 274). In other words, nuclear war is far too great a threat to mankind, that proposing that there is a way to win a war with it's use is not logical. This is evident by Walzers argument against the limited uses of nuclear war. When war strategists, for example, imagine using the bomb in a limited capacity to attack only military targets, Walzer argues that this action would violate the principle of proportionality because innocent people would undoubtedly be affected. Additionally, "the second argument against limited nuclear war is that these limits would almost certainly not be observed" (p. 277). 

Walzer, M. (1977). Just and unjust wars. New York: Basic Books.

As we levitate to a higher place.
Sun rays shining on her amazing face.
We laid in the grass watching clouds roll by
Embraced by her amazing grace.

^ Make sure you post the finished product, fam.

"Gopherwood"

Corrupt leaves stain the tree of life,
they leave behind sappy ejaculate
that attracts squirrels and mice.
Children peel the bark
and feel it stick to their skin;
they dip their hands in boiling water,
they scrub with Ajax and Bleach.
Pigeons laugh as they join the orgy on East 42nd street.
Mothers cry when their children show up late to dinner
with two prosthetic feet glued to their wrists,
and hemorrhoid pillows
deflated
beneath their seats.

I've always been into writing, but I've never had the patience to stick anything out. The only things I'm proud of are two extremely short stories, because they are honestly the only two things I've ever finished. My ambition usually exceeds both my talent and my willingness to work.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I've always been into writing, but I've never had the patience to stick anything out. The only things I'm proud of are two extremely short stories, because they are honestly the only two things I've ever finished. My ambition usually exceeds both my talent and my willingness to work.
That's because you're not confident enough in yourself to let your ideas develop.  You have to know that you're capable of writing in order to utilize the underlying patience.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

That's because you're not confident enough in yourself to let your ideas develop.  You have to know that you're capable of writing in order to utilize the underlying patience.
Nah, that's not it at all. But it's good to know you can apply cliche advice to every situation, not just those of other people.

I'm a full-time staff writer (sports) at a newspaper in North Carolina. My weekly column runs on Wednesday's. Here's a story I had in today's paper if it interests you, NCAA Tournament related

RICHMOND, Va. – From the English E. Jones Center to the United Center, Daniel Roose saw his collegiate coaching philosophy come full circle Sunday afternoon in Chicago as the Rams battled the Purdue Boilermakers for a spot in the Sweet 16.

Trailing by 17 points, Purdue All-American JaJuan Johnson trotted past coach Matt Painter with his tongue hanging out and his hands on his knees, panting from 34 minutes of end-to-end pressure from the 11th-seeded Rams.

The NCAA Tournament third-round game wasn’t over, but as VCU’s strength and conditioning coordinator, Roose sat courtside with sweet satisfaction as his Rams were thoroughly dominating the Big Ten’s second-best team.

And naysayers like ESPN’s Jay Bilas, along with 7.4 million viewers, were watching it unfold.

“It was unbelievable,

infatuation 

i'm sprung,
shes the one,
who takes the breath from my lungs
my mrs. since i hit it,
 i guess you can call it love
.....it upsets all these other chicks
when they smell her
in my clothes
cause them $+*% must know her scent
its
just
exactly the way its 'posed to be
the only broad that kisses me out in public
openly
so
so,  i guess you could call her wifey
everywhere i go, she goes
we roll tightly
and
and its such a beautiful scene
whenever we start to grind
i got her layin on screen
so i...
so i call her my homegrown
so fly, post kiss,
smoke floats to the o-zone....
....she's got me open like +%*'s knees
she's dope;
plus she's grown with no seeds....
if you cant live without her, then,
she's the one, right?
infatuation raisin like grapes in sunlight....

that's bright...

that's right....

but i'm,
so smart a man,
im starting to understand
theres certain things about her i hate,
but gotta stand....
im not bitter;
i wasnt even with her
so im sure there's a number of @+@!*%
that've hit her
but i still roll......
cause yo,
i give a *#%!
no matter how much i get of her, it aint enough
and that's why im loving my honey dutchess
when other $+*% front,
she just be-in a blunt, +%!$!
it's the truth, i cant deny....
wouldnt say its physical
somethin more in the mind
and if i could,
swear,
i'd give her a ring....
but the only one she sees is smoke
when i breathe...
you can quote when i speak;
im addicted,
and she's the dope that i need.....
if you listened, you would know what i mean,
i betchu can't believe i'm talkin bout.....

yeeeeeeah. same #*%! i always post.

Get OFF that $+%+@ fam.. if anybody feel yo infatuated *@* I do, but dead them G'motions bruh. Shorty ain't %+$# no way..

(*Realizes your posting old material doesn't mean you're reliving the %+$#..)

Back
Top Bottom