The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^Nice. Where in the heck is that first rooftop?

Also what are you shooting with on those? They all look like 50mms. Why do mine never look like that!

I just got the 70-200mm from borrowlens. Trying to go shoot some protests today but the rain makes it a pain. Honestly after not shooting it for a while, I don't really like it. Shooting at f/2.8 oddly hard to do.

Clock tower building in SOMA, pain in the *** rooftop honestly. First attempt solo got lost and apparently someone called the cops cause a squad car pulled up as I had already given up and was chilling in my car across the street. Went back a second time with someone who had already been there and the last time I was there was for that shoot, which I barely remembered how to get back up and that latter happened to be there and it wasn't there before.

Yeah those are all w/ the 50mm 1.8 stm my only lens at the moment after dropping my 24-105 f4 at taft point in Yose a while back.

Got me digging through my hard drive since I never edited the shots from the second attempt at the rooftop so I just did some quick edits now;

:wow: Any insight on how to get to the top would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody have any experience getting lenses repaired? I have an older version of the Nikon 50 1.8. It is probably at least 20 years old. It is just a standard AF (Not AFS) 1.8, and it has the aperture ring on it. For whatever reason, I can never get it to focus properly. I am curious if it is worth it to sell or fix. I am not too sure what to do with it :lol: I think new ones only go for around 150-200ish. I feel like a repair will cost similar to that.

Anybody have any experience getting lenses repaired? I have an older version of the Nikon 50 1.8. It is probably at least 20 years old. It is just a standard AF (Not AFS) 1.8, and it has the aperture ring on it. For whatever reason, I can never get it to focus properly. I am curious if it is worth it to sell or fix. I am not too sure what to do with it :lol: I think new ones only go for around 150-200ish. I feel like a repair will cost similar to that.

get an eyeglass repair kit & try to fix it yourself, if you succeed you will feel hella accomplished!!! if you take your time are patient you will at the least be able to put it back together if you aren't able to fix it, there may even be some guides on the the internets that may help and in the worse case scenario you are out a lense you probably don't use; i've done this quite a few times with varying levels of success...

from the neighborhood:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

some of the 1st beta version review units of the fuji MF gfx are poppin up, dropping some time in february for $6500 -not cheap but it is the same price as a high end 35mm pro camera, it looks bigger/bulkier than i expected but still smaller than typical MF cameras (the hasselblad mirrorless joint is less bulky but also almost 50% more expensive)

^ I saw Obama speak at the Air Force graduation this year... What a speaker/speech. Its a shame that the contrast between him and trump are so massive.

You can buy my set up :lol:

Selling the set for 3k That's the 24-70LII

SEPERATE I would like 1700$ for the lense and can let go of the body for 1400$ body has seen better days :lol: I'm heavy handed....but it works perfect.

lol yeah i'm only looking to spend around 9 at the most lol since i've seen some 5d mark II's and 6D around that price range. Thanks though.

Selling the set for 3k That's the 24-70LII

SEPERATE I would like 1700$ for the lense and can let go of the body for 1400$ body has seen better days :lol: I'm heavy handed....but it works perfect.

lol yeah i'm only looking to spend around 9 at the most lol since i've seen some 5d mark II's and 6D around that price range. Thanks though.

you can definitely find MKIIs for that price on PotN and MKIIIs for a couple hundred more.

Yup a MKii can be had for under 1k but if that's your budget and I was you I much rather shoot for a 6d or 7d over a very outdated 5dmkii

After much researching and testing (rented an A7 a few weeks back) I've decided to stick with Canon and pick up an 80d (once a date is announced I'll probably pick up a 77D to use as my "mess around with" camera)

I've been looking into 3rd party lenses. I like doing night time street long exposure stuff and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Samyang 14mm lenses. I plan on picking one of those up. In general I'm opening myself up to 3rd party lenses. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On another note, I've recently acquired an 85mm 1.8 (very happy with that), and a friend who was moving into a new place found a 17-40 L lens that was left behind by the previous tenant. He'll be gifting it to me later in the week in return for some help with a video project he's getting off the ground.

After much researching and testing (rented an A7 a few weeks back) I've decided to stick with Canon and pick up an 80d (once a date is announced I'll probably pick up a 77D to use as my "mess around with" camera)

I've been looking into 3rd party lenses. I like doing night time street long exposure stuff and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Samyang 14mm lenses. I plan on picking one of those up. In general I'm opening myself up to 3rd party lenses. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On another note, I've recently acquired an 85mm 1.8 (very happy with that), and a friend who was moving into a new place found a 17-40 L lens that was left behind by the previous tenant. He'll be gifting it to me later in the week in return for some help with a video project he's getting off the ground.

77D? Will that be sitting between the Rebel and 70D?

Cool pickup on that 85mm. That's my next lens, need to sell some kicks first rhough.

Thanks for sharing those awesome shots astronout, 1st and 3rd are just incredible.

Jordvnsf, way too much fade on those night shot but thats just my 2 cents.

https://www.instagram.com/manvsovsov/
Just checked your IG, amazing photos man. Are you french by any chance? 

Wanted to ask you where specifically those two photos were taken . Je te demande parce qu'ils sont pas dans ton IG merci. 

Si j'aurai un IG tu serais mon premier follow mec :tongue:

Bonne continuation

77D? Will that be sitting between the Rebel and 70D?

Cool pickup on that 85mm. That's my next lens, need to sell some kicks first rhough.

No specs have been released as of yet (they will supposedly announce soon).....but im guessing the way the lineup changes will something along the lines of this.

T7 will be the basic no-frills entry level camera
77D will fall in someplace between the 70D & 80D

Back
Top Bottom