The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

And the shot I took just before that:

Kind of abstract shot of the Edinburgh skyline from the other side of the Firth of Forth.

And one from last week. Couldn't get this when I tried the week before - I was a bit late so the sky was too dark and the lights on the scaffolding were blown out no matter what I did.

Finished early on Friday so got there about an hour before then - there's only a small window where either the sun doesn't make the building a silhouette or the lights get blown out. Quite pleased with this one. The only problem is that the image was really noisy - still is if you look carefully. I'm assuming that's because it was a 4 minute exposure. I did what I could with LR and then just went in and used the healing brush to get rid of the really obvious parts.

Hello Fam, it has been a while since I posted on NT. Life has been crazy full time educator, finishing up my masters, and everything else in between but I been shooting here and there...

Guys wait am I missing??!!
Why do I get this slideshow panel now from Flickr? I am using the embedded code and inserting under the “Media” tab in NT.....
Any help would be appreciated :ohwell:

and then I get this media code below :angry:

Hello Fam, it has been a while since I posted on NT. Life has been crazy full time educator, finishing up my masters, and everything else in between but I been shooting here and there...

Guys wait am I missing??!!
Why do I get this slideshow panel now from Flickr? I am using the embedded code and inserting under the “Media” tab in NT.....
Any help would be appreciated :ohwell:

and then I get this media code below :angry:

didn't know you could even do that, the bbcode is what you are looking for single images

Think I'm going to make my way to Chinatown and shoot out there a bit. See how that goes for me.

Recently found out if you subscribe to some Adobe software plans you get access to the myportfolio website builder. It's a pretty decent site to use especially since you can put together albums in the new Lightroom CC app and they are right there on the site as a tab.

I really gotta get me a desktop, can't do as much as I need on my tablet and my Surface Pro 2 resolution just doesn't work well with a lot of sites and programs but....
here's my site:
www.frgn.myportfolio.com

To get the shadow under the car you’ll need to cut the car out from the background and then just go to blending options and add a drop shadow. The hardest part is cutting the car out - but with a nice regular shape like that you’ve got a few options.

Ahh totally forgot I asked about this, I'll give this a try thanks!!

Hey fellas saw some of y'all work great stuff...im trying to get started in photography myself what do y'all recommend for start off specifically landscapes and models?

Hey fellas saw some of y'all work great stuff...im trying to get started in photography myself what do y'all recommend for start off specifically landscapes and models?

I'm fairly new myself... what has worked for me is to just experiment and go out and shoot. Did some landscaping which is my favorite and recently went around my neighborhood shooting whatever I thought was cool.

photo dump from this weekend, camped/snow shoed at crater lake

crater lake
by bHandy Photos, on Flickr

Seems like this place is always deep in snow lol

Didn't get to check it out on my last trip to Oregon but it's a must on the next one.

I finally got round to post some of my shots here. the BB Code posting method for the new NT had me messed up.
Enjoy guys

untitled-01119 by eighty_8, on Flickr

Nice tones man diggin' the shots & edits

Recently found out if you subscribe to some Adobe software plans you get access to the myportfolio website builder. It's a pretty decent site to use especially since you can put together albums in the new Lightroom CC app and they are right there on the site as a tab.

I really gotta get me a desktop, can't do as much as I need on my tablet and my Surface Pro 2 resolution just doesn't work well with a lot of sites and programs but....
here's my site:
www.frgn.myportfolio.com

That's actually dope. I wonder if it comes with the Lr & Ps $10 a month deal then I'd finally have a legit reason and upgrade my OS to current.

I'm still using a cracked version of Lr 5 that I downloaded way back when and still running OS X Yose 10.5 lol

Just go out and start shooting. Don't think about it so much try a little bit of everything and you'll find out what you enjoy shooting.

I'm self taught and thought all I'd be doing is street photography but eventually I preferred shooting nature instead.

Everyone is different but the first step is going out and start shooting.

Last edited:
Little advice, I have a friend who is looking to unload their af-s-nikkor-24-70mm-f2.8g-ed lens thats in great condition for $900. Should I jump on that? I have a portrait lens and the standard kit. I shoot mostly portraits and some weddings. Thoughts? Thanks!

Though I post something ... it's been a minute.

26796921129_e872000e4b_z.jpg

Have a buddy selling a 6D for a decent price.

But man, I'm really interested in Sony as well, been looking at a used A7 :ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom