The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I have had the Canon 100-400L for about 2 years and never used it. I saw laying around and decided to take some pictures.

Open the door and found this to practice on .....

IMG_0011.jpg

Just opened an IG, gonna follow you all , hope you ain't about posting pics of your food lol

I don't even post my IG in here, to many immature kids always writing BS and I really don't follow people unless they are of my interest and go with my timeline.

Just opened an IG, gonna follow you all , hope you ain't about posting pics of your food lol

IG: rianbeing ... I’ll follow back :smile:

I’ve been shooting with a 50mm for almost a year now. I’m either thinking about investing in a full frame camera or upgrading to an 85mm 1.8... Anybody own a Nikon D800 or 810? I’ve been considering buying one of these instead of a Sony a7r since I’m already familiar with nikons and Sony glass is pretty expensive.

Last edited:
So i finally upgrade my laptop to SSD and bumped up the ram. Now I'm looking to back up and free up some space. What external hard drives are you guys using? Trying to take advantage of the deals for the holidays.

Last edited:
Lookin' through some more of my old photos and I wonder WTF I was focusing on cause way too many of these pics missed focus on everything in the frame. Wonder if I was even trying lol/smh

Been kind of slacking on posting things in here cause Wordpress royally messed me up on my blog and hosting and a lot of my pics are not showing anymore nor can I upload. Most if not all my photos right now are being posted on Instagram which is totally lame.

Went to Morocco and Spain for my honeymoon. I tell you....carrying all this Canon gear is starting to piss me off. Sony is really starting to look nice but I really don't have the money for it.

Also anyone recommend any free blogs sites that are not Wix and/or Squarespace? I figured doing Wix or Squarespace's monthly costs doesn't make sense for me. I really want something like Wordpress but refuse to use them now.

Been kind of slacking on posting things in here cause Wordpress royally messed me up on my blog and hosting and a lot of my pics are not showing anymore nor can I upload. Most if not all my photos right now are being posted on Instagram which is totally lame.

Went to Morocco and Spain for my honeymoon. I tell you....carrying all this Canon gear is starting to piss me off. Sony is really starting to look nice but I really don't have the money for it.

Also anyone recommend any free blogs sites that are not Wix and/or Squarespace? I figured doing Wix or Squarespace's monthly costs doesn't make sense for me. I really want something like Wordpress but refuse to use them now.

one of these days, going to have to get to barcelona to see that gaudi creation, so dope!

there’s always tumblr...might just be better to figure out what’s up with your wordpress?

i think you’d probably be surprised how little weight savings there are w/sony...there is some advantage, and there is potential for a sony kit to be substantially lighter depending on lens choices, but the high quality native sony lenses are generally just as big & heavy as their canon & nikon counterparts...

Or there's that new Adobe thing - a friend of mine uses it and says it syncs really easily with LR if you use that - you just publish straight from there. I don't think it costs anything extra either.

Or there's that new Adobe thing - a friend of mine uses it and says it syncs really easily with LR if you use that - you just publish straight from there. I don't think it costs anything extra either.

It doesn't, I use it and it's pretty neat.

Templates are pretty cool but depending on the person can seem a bit basic. It's deeper than it looks. I just don't have a dependable device to really dig into it a see what's what

what Nikon body you shootin with right now?

I'd go 810 over the 800, but for just a few hundred more, I'd say get in line for that 850 - that thing is a beast. I'll be makin the move to the 850 from the 700 soon enough.

IG: rianbeing ... I’ll follow back :smile:

I’ve been shooting with a 50mm for almost a year now. I’m either thinking about investing in a full frame camera or upgrading to an 85mm 1.8... Anybody own a Nikon D800 or 810? I’ve been considering buying one of these instead of a Sony a7r since I’m already familiar with nikons and Sony glass is pretty expensive.

I co sign getting the D820 as well. I am all about getting the new camera but that is me and that is more so cause I want the option to shoot everything. Like if I was a strict landscape photographer, I would totally just stick with the Sony A7Rii over the A7Riii for sure.

So I'm shopping for memory. I was gonna get a External HD for my shots but now I'm wondering if I should get an internal SSD instead so I won't have to hook it up every time. I work from a laptop and don't have a desk as of now so portability is important for me. What should I get?

I just copped a 8TB external from Best Buy during the black Friday sales for like $150. I have a desktop though and most of it will be filled with movies I download but that will free up my other two externals which I can just full dedicate to putting photos in. What sucks is I used Photos app to upload all my photos and even RAW ones and for some reason, the photos app won't let me pull the RAW files out of the app and I have to find it within all the folders it puts it in. It totally sucks and I so wished I never did. I just hate to pull all my photos out one by one within the folders when I feel I can just do a gigantic drag and drop.

I would say go SSD first and get an external for even later. I do like not having harddrives hooked up but I do like using harddrives for things I never need in my laptop.

So I'm shopping for memory. I was gonna get a External HD for my shots but now I'm wondering if I should get an internal SSD instead so I won't have to hook it up every time. I work from a laptop and don't have a desk as of now so portability is important for me. What should I get?

Do you have an SSD in there with enough storage?

I have two machines so I use an external SSD to jump between them. SSD is definitely the way to go. I also have a bunch of other drives that I back up the SSD to. Those are old school drives, 8 TB each. When it comes to data management there is something called the 3-2-1 rule, 3 copies in 2 places with 1place being offsite.

Back
Top Bottom