The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

DSC_0123sc.JPG
EricaRipple (27).JPG
anna6.JPG
A few of my recent favorites

Last edited:
Are there any retailers (not best buy) to finance a camera?

Really considering in getting a full-frame DSLR or going for a Fuji X-T2.

Shot with my Nikon D80 last weekend and I had fun, but man...crop sensor photos are so tiny lol.

was finally able to attend a Steve Nash soccer game in the city. Got a media pass which was awesome. gonna post a few more shots this week so follow me.

Nice gallery my dude.

Where did you take this one at? I'm talking about exact location? Like the view point.

Bad experience in the past and the rumors of the possibly closing up. Wouldn't want to risk that.

But that may be the only option it seems. Adorama and B&H doesn't seem to have finance option.
Not sure what you mean about closing up? They have been doing very well. Depending on camera, you'll probably can get 24 to 36 months of free financing (if the promo is 12 you can negotiate for 24 and if the promo is 24 ask for 36) depending of camera .. something like the 5D IV or 7R3 not a 800 buck camera.

Can anyone go up and shoot? Probably need a closer building but why not try.

Unfortunately no, It’s a residential building. There’s a hotel nearby called aloft that might be easier to go up. I went to it last year for an event. You can try there. It’s a block back from my building. If you want I can take you one day. PM me if you’re down

Anyone here rock a Chromebook or Pixelbook?? Are there any DSLRs that have USB-C? Ive had to go this route to edit photos from my nikon d300s to Pixelbook.....this may help others out....

$11.98 it's 35% OFF

https://amzn.to/2zx45XE

Just got a d3400 with the 18-55 lens, and am looking for a prime lens. This lense will probably be used primarily indoors (but will also be used outdoors as well) for pictures of baby and family. Coworker is recommending a 35mm, but my father inlaw is recommending a 50mm. What do you guys think i should do?

Just got a d3400 with the 18-55 lens, and am looking for a prime lens. This lense will probably be used primarily indoors (but will also be used outdoors as well) for pictures of baby and family. Coworker is recommending a 35mm, but my father inlaw is recommending a 50mm. What do you guys think i should do?

On a crop definitely the 35 f/1.8, especially since you'll be shooting primarily indoors. The 35 on a DX will be like a 50 on an FX.

I started with a D3200 and got the 35mm. 50mm was a bit tight for my taste and shooting style on a crop sensor. That 35mm is the best bang for your buck lens out there!

Thank you both!

Also, since you have the kit lens, play around with only shooting at 35mm and at 50mm and see which suits you better. I'd bet 35 would be more appropriate though.

If you plan on upgrading to a full-frame, the Nikon 50mm is compatible with FX bodies while the 35mm is not. That being said, the 35 f/1.8G is relatively cheap and should probably be purchased regardless.

I agree.... the 35mm is a "do it all" type of lens. U can do portraiture as well as great urban sessions. I guess the question now is do you get the 1.8 or the 1.4 :tongue:

Also, I purchased used lens on Amazon and the quality is perfect. Maybe just light wear on the outside body but never the glass. You save a pretty good amount to.... $149 Prime vs $200...something to consider:

https://amzn.to/2uimx0R

The 35mm f1.8 is a really good lens. That was the only lens I used on my D80.

Back
Top Bottom