The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

honestly those shots you can take with just about any camera and a wide angle lense, what attracts me to Rolo is how he composes his shots, which he could do just as well with a P&S as he does with his DSLR.

Hence the reason why I said, what's sharp for you might not be sharp for me.

I know for a fact that my sons picture is soft ...

Like I said, I'm picky with my photography and I know the difference between aperture and the maximum sharpness of my lenses at certain apertures.

but lets call it a night .. lmao

post something ....

My last soft shot that I know I could of have made a lot sharper!

I understand what you're talking about Keko...

Gonna go back to this spot soon... got there when the sun was pretty much gone.

honestly those shots you can take with just about any camera and a wide angle lense, what attracts me to Rolo is how he composes his shots, which he could do just as well with a P&S as he does with his DSLR.
Well I'm looking to getting into photography just as a hobby, could you suggest some novice tools I should get or tips for good pics? Like I'm still not sure what cam I should buy, I like the quality of your pics so if you could provide the details of your cam that would be awesome too(may buy it or I may not but right now im just getting info)

The good thing about today's tech is that mostly all the cameras can take great pictures. P&S have seen a decline in sales as more people are using their cell phone, true story.

There are a vast pool of P&S that are great for everyday use and can work auto and/or manual.

DSLR are becoming more popular because of their affordability .. but with DSLRs, then it comes the task of purchasing lenses.

Honestly it comes down on what you want to shoot when and where ...

The good thing about today's tech is that mostly all the cameras can take great pictures. P&S have seen a decline in sales as more people are using their cell phone, true story.

There are a vast pool of P&S that are great for everyday use and can work auto and/or manual.

DSLR are becoming more popular because of their affordability .. but with DSLRs, then it comes the task of purchasing lenses.

How frequently you gotta buy lenses?

Hence the reason why I said, what's sharp for you might not be sharp for me.

I know for a fact that my sons picture is soft ...

Like I said, I'm picky with my photography and I know the difference between aperture and the maximum sharpness of my lenses at certain apertures.

but lets call it a night .. lmao

post something ....

My last soft shot that I know I could of have made a lot sharper!

if you slightly missed the eyes on that shot, unless i blow up that shot on my screen i wouldnt be able to tell....seems fine to me, but is YOUR shot, so i take your word for it....

Speaking of P&S I have been looking into something more portable than my DSLR but I want it to shoot RAW. Options aren't many...

Nothing to do with frequency - you buy lenses depending on your needs.

Is not like they wear out or anything ...

There different types of Lenses for different situations!
Oh ok. Possible you could tell me what cam(details) you use for your pics?

Last edited:
if you slightly missed the eyes on that shot, unless i blow up that shot on my screen i wouldnt be able to tell....seems fine to me, but is YOUR shot, so i take your word for it....
Any body can shoot for web (LOL) - Web Proofs to me = Nothing to me.

I need to see PRINT or Campaign Size images ..

I can take a picture with my phone and post it here and say I took it with a hasselblad and some people might believe it.

When I send the images to the magazines, then people know the difference!

HN5A9742 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A9796 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7517 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7597 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7576 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A7492 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A6903 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

First attempt at HDR

HN5A0401 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A9942 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

I'm a sucker for dogs

HN5A0191 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0145 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A6865 by J.Spookz, on Flickr
Yours pics are perfect bruh

Any body can shoot for web (LOL) - Web Proofs to me = Nothing to me.

I need to see PRINT or Campaign Size images ..

I can take a picture with my phone and post it here and say I took it with a hasselblad and some people might believe it.

When I send the images to the magazines, then people know the difference!

so i guess posting your examples here make no sense because how do you expect me to find a flaw that i just cant see?....

next time send me a print bro to get your point across better.

nah man, i probably just pushed my ISO too much in some of those shots...lol
No disrespect, but I didnt see all the photos because they didnt load. However, I like most of the cameras of objects like the shoes on the lights the dress hanged in the mirror the reception image and several other.

so i guess posting your examples here make no sense because how do you expect me to find a flaw that i just cant see?....

next time send me a print bro to get your point across better.
naw my friend - you still can tell what Im talking about - I guess you just don't get what Im saying .. LMAO

what I mean in print is that you can tell an OOF shoot vices a soft shoot ..

Anyways, if you want to see a few of my work ..

iDoll

Zink

Matte

Papercut

Some of the Magz I been feature ...

Just got this little one today. Haven't really gotten a chance to mess around with it yet, but so far so good! Love this thing.

9106129718_5c0087253b_z.jpg

Congrats mjBetch/Gabeezy!

Ksteezy... i really enjoyed your last wedding blog post. I liked it better than the last one :X

Dirtybuhbuhnew, Thanks for the compliment. Feels good man.

P&S have seen a decline in sales as more people are using their cell phone, true story.

Agree. P&S just look so bad to me. Aside from better flash photos than say a iPhone, I honestly don't think they are even worth the money. Plus any camera can shoot photos in the day. It's the night photos that count and that is something that P&S can't handle.

Agree. P&S just look so bad to me. Aside from better flash photos than say a iPhone, I honestly don't think they are even worth the money. Plus any camera can shoot photos in the day. It's the night photos that count and that is something that P&S can't handle.

That's what I used to think until I got a G12. It out performed my DSLR. Granted, I have an ancient D50, but still.

I would say the general P&S for your average user aren't worth the money (minus the S100 and S110), but once you get to the professional "P&S" compact cameras, such as the Fujifilm X series and Canon G series, you're in a totally different playing field.

Sometimes the size and compactness are what shooters prefer over the quality and bulkiness of a DSLR.

Back
Top Bottom