The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

i got the x100 and honestly going from shooting with your dslr quite often it just doesnt feel the same to me...lol

i took both on vacay to Hawaii, used the x100 the first day and the mkiii the other 9....lol

My friend was nice enough to model his Charger Mopar for me. The car was unwashed and if you haven't found out by now... he has no foglights in since he's waiting for new headlights.

I was trying the Brenizer method before my engagement photoshoot this weekend. That method is tough to nail. Anyone have tips? (ksteezy?)

P.S. i finally made a quick logo and watermark for myself after witnessing my pictures being passed around in the tumblrsphere. Bittersweet moment.

A bit repetitive but w.e.

HN5A8532 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8555 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

brenizer-2 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8554 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A8551 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

MOPAR by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Last edited:
No disrespect, but I didnt see all the photos because they didnt load. However, I like most of the cameras of objects like the shoes on the lights the dress hanged in the mirror the reception image and several other.

none taken bro, keep doing your thing

Congrats mjBetch/Gabeezy!

Ksteezy... i really enjoyed your last wedding blog post. I liked it better than the last one :X

Dirtybuhbuhnew, Thanks for the compliment. Feels good man.

preciate it!...

btw to those interested ill be hosting a giveaway to attract more traffic to my blog and facebook fan page, so stay tuned, thinking of giving away a brand new Fuji instax mini 25

That's what I used to think until I got a G12. It out performed my DSLR. Granted, I have an ancient D50, but still.

I would say the general P&S for your average user aren't worth the money (minus the S100 and S110), but once you get to the professional "P&S" compact cameras, such as the Fujifilm X series and Canon G series, you're in a totally different playing field.

Sometimes the size and compactness are what shooters prefer over the quality and bulkiness of a DSLR.

I had a G9 before my Rebel and honestly hated it. I got some decent shots at a concert but it still looked "point and shooty" than a DLSR. Plus is still odd on those cameras seeing how you can't even put it in your pocket. I had to carry my G9 with the strap and it didn't feel any more compact than a DSLR since that was the case. If I do get a new P&S, it has to be like the S110 where it can be portable in my pocket. .

My friend was nice enough to model his Charger Mopar for me. I was trying the Brenizer method before my engagement photoshoot this weekend. That method is tough to nail. Anyone have tips? (ksteezy?)

P.S. i finally made a quick logo and watermark for myself after witnessing my pictures being passed around in the tumblrsphere. Bittersweet moment.

A bit repetitive but w.e.

HN5A8532 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

brenizer-2 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

MOPAR by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Came out nice. What setup where you using?

Most the brenizer method examples I've seen have the subject a little further back.

the brenizer method is cool for him since he perfected that ish, but for someone else to try and simulate i dont even know if its worth the hassle....i think he combines like 10 different frames in one and is very time consuming even for him...lol

Yea, you do a series of pictures almost like a panorama, and shoot with a longer focal length and shallow DOF. If you do it right it can achieve a really shallow DOF affect and it really separates it from the background.

I tried and failed miserably :lol: and my top of the line MBP crashed trying to process like 65 pictures

Last edited:
the brenizer method is cool for him since he perfected that ish, but for someone else to try and simulate i dont even know if its worth the hassle....i think he combines like 10 different frames in one and is very time consuming even for him...lol

i know i said this already, but bros look into the eye-fi cards, being able to snap on dslr and view on iphone instantly is pretty cool, specially when you shoot with a wide angle lense.

i know i said this already, but bros look into the eye-fi cards, being able to snap on dslr and view on iphone instantly is pretty cool, specially when you shoot with a wide angle lense.

Wish there was bluetooth version. Would be more usefully since wifi networks aren't everywhere, even in SF.

you can make an adapter....although is real ghetto looking, the dual card slot is clutch.
I wish they could have just put 2 SD slots in the mark III. Borrowed a friends for a weekend and realized there was only one. I don't have CF cards, but a **** ton of fast SD cards that are more convenient.

Trying to get some pics of the moon but my camera setup isn't that great.

Good stuff everyone. 2morrow-Great shots

Ksteezy- Another great blog post! I enjoy reading your wedding posts. Just out of curiosity do you happen to know where the people that were in your last blog post were from? Fijian?

i got the x100 and honestly going from shooting with your dslr quite often it just doesnt feel the same to me...lol

i took both on vacay to Hawaii, used the x100 the first day and the mkiii the other 9....lol

I feel you man. If I had a 5D MKIII, I'd probably shoot with that too. But coming from a D50, it's a hell of a lot better. :lol: But especially if you're traveling with a kid, the compactness and light weight make it worth it to me imo.

Back
Top Bottom