The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Was coming home after roaming downtown... passed by a street with neighborhood kids just hanging out and decided to stop.

This is Jason... 14 years old. He was the leader of the pack, and seemingly the entire block too.

Many cars passed by and waved at him. I asked him if he knew everyone, he said "everyone knows me."

Minutes later, the kid in the hoodie was in handcuffs. I found out afterwards that he had a whole bunch of weed on him, but he stashed in just in time. He is also 14.

We were on the corner for around 10 minutes... about 4 cop cars passed by in that time.

Little kid was going on a stroll down the block with his dad...

LA: great shots. In this situation, you just asked the folks if you can take pics of them?

Also, around the same price range as the Canon S100, are there anything else you guys can recommend? I'd prefer the same size too.

LA: great shots. In this situation, you just asked the folks if you can take pics of them?

Also, around the same price range as the Canon S100, are there anything else you guys can recommend? I'd prefer the same size too.
I parked near by and walked over to where they were... Jason, the kid first pictured, initiated the convo by asking me what I took pictures of or something along those lines.

Most of the time I was just talking to them... asking them where they went to school and whatnot, all the while shooting away from the hip.

Awesome Vegas pics ^

From another night in Seoul.  All from 60D and Tamron 10-24/Canon 28mm.  More on the Tumblr (sig).  Peace

Last edited:
Yoo PACTEZ you in Seoul?
I'm here for another month we should meet up!

One from the other day

Last edited:
Fong - I tried doing the image code to enlarge the photos on here, but doesn't seem to work. Not sure why. Oh well haha. Here is an example and still doesnt work.

I remember you having issues before. Not sure why since I was able to do it for your pic below. I used the NT image address though and not the Flickr. Is there some sort of HTML code thing you have to check first?

And nice pics as always. You managed to carry your camera the whole time? Crazy.

900x900px-LL-957fcad8__RTJ0515copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah no clue how my man Rolo carries that thing EVERYWHERE...lol

I am saying though. I just think in Vegas, I'd be dancing or drinking or whatever and that just causes me to either have less interest in shooting photos or would cause me to drop it or get it messed up. I mean if I was sober and had that intent on getting good shots, I'd be all over the place but I'd be neglesting tons of things as well. Crazy how Rolo seems to do all of it.

I remember you having issues before. Not sure why since I was able to do it for your pic below. I used the NT image address though and not the Flickr. Is there some sort of HTML code thing you have to check first?

And nice pics as always. You managed to carry your camera the whole time? Crazy.

900x900px-LL-957fcad8__RTJ0515copy.jpeg

Im thinking that when he posts he has the import images box checked. It will upload to nt vs using the flickr link

Wish you shot it straight forward rather than from an angle. I don't know why but I love seeing pics of buildings in the streets from a straight point of view. I still do it to this day, even though there is no flare to the picture. Would be something I would even make a book of, even though I am sure someone has done it before. Too bad I don't travel worth a damn.

Some examples that I shot:

little-city-3.jpg
minnie-apple-7.jpg
raw-6.jpg
a-new-york-minute-7.jpg

Fong I owned the 100L and regret selling it when I shortly switched to canon and got their Nikon counterpart, the 100L is great

Btw fellas, if anyone is interested we are approaching 1k fans and I'll be doing a giveaway through our FB and Blog within the next few hours, here is what I'm giving away...

Just follow our Facebook and tune in for details.

Elkin + Angie photography

Fong - I have the 100L and i have to say that it's super versatile.

Pro: macro, portraits, lightweight, IS, sharrrp, and good enough bokeh
Con: plasticky body, f/2.8 (i'm so used to 1.8 or lower), and it's the size of a coke can

I haven't shot with it much but it's clutch when you need it.

Some shots:

NT Cicada by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Coke. by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Domo. by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0327 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Last edited:
^^^Nice. Good to know. I see some on CL for like a little under $800. Then read some reviews and like how they are used for portraits in the sun. Never had a macro before nor shot with one but I used to go ape**** with it with P&S. Maybe I can rent one for this weekend and try it out.

Fong - Ever had a moment where you would try to focus on a subject but you were to close? Happens to me all the time. So it was a bit refreshing to get the 100L because It's basically a telephoto lens that has no focus limit (does have a macro limit, its 1:1) to how close you are to things.

Goldenchild9 - word, i was thinking the same thing. I love this thread.

Last edited:
I lost my quick release for my tripod. Anyone know where I can get a replacement for the Dynex DX-TRP60 or if there is a similar quick release plate that will work? Looked on ebay but no luck. Not sure what the measurements are for the mounting plate that I had either.

Last edited:
Wish you shot it straight forward rather than from an angle. I don't know why but I love seeing pics of buildings in the streets from a straight point of view

I guess i was insisting on taking this shot at an angel. Here is the best pic in terms of being in front :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom