The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Sup bros. I tried messing around with Lightroom but I can't really see the benefits of it. I still end up going into Photoshop afterwards. I guess I'm just so used to PS that it doesn't work for me. I gave it a shot though, I wanted to like it.
grin.gif

Few recents:

LR is good an powerful.

A lot of my peeps that use it, they use it to adjust all their RAW file before moving to CS6.

It's pretty much another Camera Raw but with more tools.

I have seen amazing adjustments(Color renditions) in LR without even going to CS.

Thanks for your input silkboi! I'm thinking about getting a full frame soon and was thinking of making the switch to canon for the longest time but I may just do little more research and and mess around with the camera's before making my decision.

Thanks for the input. I'ma work on adjusting more in LR. Also, I'm currently shooting an XSi and looking to upgrade.. someone recommend me something, I'm leaning towards a 60D.

Couple shots I took at the ball court

Heres a couple from playing around with my new (and first) flash the other day...

What flash did you get? I'm trying to become better at flash. I can't use my flash properly on camera for an event if my life depended on it. I think I'm half-way decent when its off camera. I took a look at your shots and just a pointer for you would be to bounce the flash. I think bouncing it up behind you gets the most pleasing look if you're shooting something close but if you want it get something a bit away just bounce it at an angle towards your subject.

Heres a couple from playing around with my new (and first) flash the other day...

What flash did you get? I'm trying to become better at flash. I can't use my flash properly on camera for an event if my life depended on it. I think I'm half-way decent when its off camera. I took a look at your shots and just a pointer for you would be to bounce the flash. I think bouncing it up behind you gets the most pleasing look if you're shooting something close but if you want it get something a bit away just bounce it at an angle towards your subject.
I copped the Nissin Di466... I was bouncing off the ceiling most of the time but this flash doesn't rotate to let you do that when your in portrait orientation... pic of the pup was bounced off ceiling... loving how that one's lit. I already want to upgrade to a new flash and I ain't even had this one for a week. :lol:

I copped the Nissin Di466... I was bouncing off the ceiling most of the time but this flash doesn't rotate to let you do that when your in portrait orientation... pic of the pup was bounced off ceiling... loving how that one's lit. I already want to upgrade to a new flash and I ain't even had this one for a week. :lol:

I know the feeling. I have an SB-910 and want to buy some Yongnuos but I'm like damn I really want more SB-910s. I really need to focus on a new camera because in low light my D5100 is not allowed to go over ISO800 haha. I refuse to let grain mess up my shot

Can someone tell me how difficult is it to become decent at editing photos in Photoshop?
Should I get books or online guides?
Keeping in mind I'd be starting with 0 knowledge.

Last edited:
There is really only so many things you need to learn with Photoshop. I haven't used Lightroom myself but I would assume Lightroom has presets? Photoshop is like using manual mode in DSLR. Just seems more difficult than it is when really, it's just a bunch of sliders and what not and more freedom to do more. What's good though is other programs have really caught up with photoshop and is that much more powerful now. The major difference is with Photoshop, you can use it for other non-editing tools such as designing and just overall goofball stuff that we see on NT.

Yup LR has presets and makes life sooo much easier. Photoshop is still very powerful. I did this in LR. I don't really mess with PS mainly because I'm not a pro at it.

Rawserati by Yanky4585, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom