The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone have any sites that have tips for beginners? I want to learn manual photography.

youtube has a ton a videos that will give a really good introduction & a basic understanding of camera settings & general tips for starting out. what has been super helpful for me is learning what things do in a general but technical, non-camera specific way...like the effect apertures, iso, shutter speeds have on images, this thing pretty is cool to play around with:

canonoutsideofauto.ca/play/

Met some peeps from IG last night. These are from my Sony RX100 PnS:

I'm going to be taking some classes with the New York Institution of Photography soon. Also ordering my Nex-6 next week. 
happy.gif

Recent shots. Tried my luck shooting puddles; didn't really come out the way I wanted them to. I think I'm just gonna stick to night photos.

Got a quick question, I take on feet snaps for my IG and im getting the hang of it all after 4 weeks, and feel like most my shots i can handle now, apart from one. And thats when im standing in direct sunlight (i live in australia and its bright as f as well) I always find i loose details on the shoes when i try take a snap like this and am forever looking for shade too shoot in. Which turns out great. Is standing in direct sun just a plain NO? Any way around this or not? Thanks

Yes bro, direct sunlight is a pain in the *** to deal with...buy a portable diffuser to create your own shade....they fold and can be out into a backpack....otherwise keep hunting for shade and avoid the direct sun.

Yes bro, direct sunlight is a pain in the *** to deal with...buy a portable diffuser to create your own shade....they fold and can be out into a backpack....otherwise keep hunting for shade and avoid the direct sun.

Thanks bro. I dont feel like a dumb **** now. Il invest in one sounds goid

Ehh. Added the sun flare behind the car to give it that little extra but I think it looks out of place. Tried putting it in the top right corner but couldn't get the colors right. Looks a little boring to me.

Any idea where i could pick one up intended too create shade. Not intended for the flash side of it? Any help appreciated cos these summers are long n no shade exists lol

Go to BHphoto.com and just search through light diffusers, they come in all sizes, and some come with a cover that serves as a reflector as well....you can also avoid shooting close to noon, as this is the time where the sun is at it's highest....shoot in the evening...the sun has gone down a bit and light is much easier to manage.

Go to BHphoto.com and just search through light diffusers, they come in all sizes, and some come with a cover that serves as a reflector as well....you can also avoid shooting close to noon, as this is the time where the sun is at it's highest....shoot in the evening...the sun has gone down a bit and light is much easier to manage.

Any idea where i could pick one up intended too create shade. Not intended for the flash side of it? Any help appreciated cos these summers are long n no shade exists lol

Gotchya thanks man

Back
Top Bottom