The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

What do you mean by that, bro? I'm not too familiar with photography terms.

I think he meant the lights would have lit the car if it was under it. Car seems underexposed and more so cause it's black.

On another note, I saw Quickster (that NTer that shoots cars) by random this weekend. Kind of saw his process in shooting cars and it was pretty interesting. He stacks photos into one photo and gets tons of shots with the car lit in all directions. Pretty informative stuff and shows he puts in tons of work in each photo.

Those lights under the do not enter sign would make for a pretty good backdrop imo

Yup. Exactly what Fong said. The lights under the overpass could help lighten up the car since it's black.

I think he meant the lights would have lit the car if it was under it. Car seems underexposed and more so cause it's black.

On another note, I saw Quickster (that NTer that shoots cars) by random this weekend. Kind of saw his process in shooting cars and it was pretty interesting. He stacks photos into one photo and gets tons of shots with the car lit in all directions. Pretty informative stuff and shows he puts in tons of work in each photo.

Something like this right? I've always wanted to do this in the future but I need to take some photoshop classes. Does Quickster still post on here?

BTS

Combining it all together.

^^^Yup. Exactly like that. He shot a ton of stuff just moving the flashes around. He scrolled through his shots and I saw what he was doing. Even I stack images on top sometimes but not to the extent that he does. Almost makes me want to try new ways of shooting with stuff like that.

And he said he just never got on when NT moved away from the other server or whatever. He still posts on his Flicker but I doubt he'll be on here anytime soon.

Dang. Was hoping he could drop some knowledge |I His Flickr stream is dope though, how he achieves that type of lighting outside is :wow:

Dang. Was hoping he could drop some knowledge
tired.gif
His Flickr stream is dope though, how he achieves that type of lighting outside is
eek.gif
Plenty of videos/tutorials online... take that knowledge and apply it when you go shoot. It's trial and error. I would think some PS skills are required to achieve such end results as Quick.

Yo! Chiva1908! Your IG makes me hungry as heck bro! I gotta hit up some of these spots you frequent.
laugh.gif

man my boy Pat is a beast, i think we started shooting around the same time, he just really focused on using strobes and flashes in car photography....his rigged shots are amazingggg....had me wanting to buy a broom and hang my camera off the side of my car :lol:

his level of skill was achieved through lots and lots of practice, you can watch tutorials and stalk his flickr till you are blue in the face, truth be told there is no shortcuts to achive what he does, just gotta be motivated and always shooting

man my boy Pat is a beast, i think we started shooting around the same time, he just really focused on using strobes and flashes in car photography....his rigged shots are amazingggg....had me wanting to buy a broom and hang my camera off the side of my car :lol:

his level of skill was achieved through lots and lots of practice, you can watch tutorials and stalk his flickr till you are blue in the face, truth be told there is no shortcuts to achive what he does, just gotta be motivated and always shooting

Link me his Flickr page. :nerd: Interested to see some of his work. Car photography is :smokin

Last edited:
Ehh. Added the sun flare behind the car to give it that little extra but I think it looks out of place. Tried putting it in the top right corner but couldn't get the colors right. Looks a little boring to me.

Its the background that makes it seem boring imo
Just a plain grey sky?

White balance is on point
^^^Nice pic man. So crazy how we live in that generation where kids will be fully documented from birth till whenever. I only have so many pics from when I was a kid.

This might be a dumb assumption but i find that the Mark 3 is way more accurate on it's white balance. I did change the white balance to the blue side which helped a lot though. White balance can totally be a love hate for me. Sometimes I am spot on and sometimes I can never get it right in camera. Thank god for post production though.

^^^^I use SnapSeed primarily. It has it all for editing and is way better than the Photoshop app. Not a ton of filters but you can get that from other apps like VSCOcam or Camera+(Plus). Other than that, I use PicFrame so I can make my photos display as a rectangle rather than a square and AutoStitch for panoramics and HDR fusion for those HDR shots when the sun is out.

Ehh. Added the sun flare behind the car to give it that little extra but I think it looks out of place. Tried putting it in the top right corner but couldn't get the colors right. Looks a little boring to me.

Just a plain grey sky?

I agree. It was a cloudy day so I couldn't really do much with the sky. I'll look at a few of my other pictures and try to replace this one with a sunny sky.

White balance is on point
^^^Nice pic man. So crazy how we live in that generation where kids will be fully documented from birth till whenever. I only have so many pics from when I was a kid.

this...it is so much deeper than that though, we all are living in the era of disposability (at least when it come to images, you could argue this extends to a great many things these days; but i digress...) there isn't much of a barrier to taking pictures these days, so the difference is largely in quantity and the crazy thing about it is that digital images don't age, fade, or wither away like pics of the past; i could imagine it being trippy for kids to see such pristine representations of their past selves...

Just a plain grey sky?

I agree. It was a cloudy day so I couldn't really do much with the sky. I'll look at a few of my other pictures and try to replace this one with a sunny sky.

whose merc is that thought?

This might be a dumb assumption but i find that the Mark 3 is way more accurate on it's white balance. I did change the white balance to the blue side which helped a lot though. White balance can totally be a love hate for me. Sometimes I am spot on and sometimes I can never get it right in camera. Thank god for post production though.

I don't worry too much about WB...just set to auto and shoot Raw, the adjustment is 1 click on LR

My WB always had issues until I got the Colorchecker Passport. Every time I would go back to an image I would tweek it before I picked it up. Now I just set up a profile and go. I don't shoot events or anything like that so I have time to spare on this step.

so what do you guys think of having a local photographers meet up?....who in here owns a dslr and wants to meet up and shoot some portraits??....i was thinking of maybe getting a volunteer couple to do like a mock e-shoot in the city, i know plenty of good shooting locations....any fellow NTers from NY that have a dslr and want to pick up some pointers?

^^^^^^ photo meets are always dope. i think only asking for users of one type of camera kinda takes the fun out of it imo

Back
Top Bottom