The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I recently bought a 3TB Western Digital My Book Live and found out that Lightroom doesn't allow you run catalogues from servers. I was so disappointed because I am sharing it between an iMac and a MBP, and was hoping that I would be able to keep those files off of my computer. At least I can have the actual photos on that drive but it will be a pain remembering to keep my catalogue synced up.

Some stuff from Treasure Island. Wish it wasn't so foggy cause the colors are meh:

bay-bridge-2a.jpg
bay-bridge-3.jpg
bay-bridge-1d.jpg

Last edited:
New lens came in today. Had the 50-150 for a bit, but realized I wanted something with more reach. So went with the 70-200.

9324509954_1fbb272dc2_c.jpg

Pics look good straight out.

9321716541_4843d69a5f_c.jpg

Bros, I got a friend who recently upgraded to FF. He wants to unload his t2i and his Tokina 11-16mm. He's also in the market for the 135L so he wants to unload his Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS Mark I. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks.

2 from Last Night:

Last edited:
New lens came in today. Had the 50-150 for a bit, but realized I wanted something with more reach. So went with the 70-200.

9324509954_1fbb272dc2_c.jpg

Pics look good straight out.

9321716541_4843d69a5f_c.jpg
Wow, crystal. I hear good things about this lens plus it costs like 1K less than canon and nikon's right?

silkboi - didn't you recently cop a 5d mark iii? How's it working with 2 different brand bodies? Must be expensive.

Last edited:
My first time up on the observation deck at LA City Hall, it was a super hazy day so I look forward to going back on a clearer one.

Last edited:
Good to see another nikon shooter in this crowded canon thread!
Might go to the top of the rock for some shots next week.

Thenoguy next time go around sun down, get some city lights.
Juiceman, jwolfe good stuff!
Unfortunately the observation deck closes at 5pm, and I actually think the older historic core of downtown will look better in the day than at night anyway. I just need some better light. Also using a Nikon, just got a D5100 last week.

Sup bros. I tried messing around with Lightroom but I can't really see the benefits of it. I still end up going into Photoshop afterwards. I guess I'm just so used to PS that it doesn't work for me. I gave it a shot though, I wanted to like it. >D

Few recents:

Last edited:
The 5D Mark 2 doesn't perform well in high ISO's... or do I just think that because I now know the 1dx exists.

laugh.gif

The projects.

Last edited:

How does it compare to your Canon Mark III? I have a 3100 and I'm thinking of getting the 7000 or 5100.
I never used a Canon dslr before so I wanted to try it out and decide whether or not I wanted to switch systems next year. Definitely weird getting used to the functionality of the body (not sure if its because I'm more used to my camera, or because Canon's is just annoying). I like the size of it and how it feels in hand. As far as image quality, I don't see that much of a difference (given good lighting conditions). Dim light I can pull out a better image without giving up much in terms of shutter speed and high ISO. But thats with most full frame cameras; had the D600 a while back and experienced same thing. What I did like about the Canon was the coloring of the images. I read up on it and found out that Nikon and Canon process colors differently. I can say now that I'm more of a fan or Canons, but thats just preference (Things can change in PP). So now its a waiting game for info on 7D MII and possible D400.

And I bounce through cameras a lot (gear head). I've owned the 3100 and 5100 before the 7000. Had the 3100 and liked it. Switched because of the swivel screen since I was recording video blogs for a class project at the time and the swivel screen helped me see myself instead of use a webcam. Awesome selfies. The reason I switched from that was because I was given some D series lenses and the 5100 couldn't auto focus with them. Wasn't shooting video anymore so I opted for the 7000. 5100 is an amazing camera for a low price. Pair it with a cheap prime and your good. I'd say at this point an with how cheap the 7000 is now, its probably the better deal for what you get out of the two. Unless you want that swivel screen.

7819688472_00b180044c_c.jpg

Had never done this before and I was runnin round the house tryna find the little shoe plate for my damb tripod so I could set my camera up but couldnt... Ended up shooting up out a damn window cause all my angles were bad and there was nowhere with cover on the right side of the house... Anyways... Caught my first bolt of lightning last night.

9328352981_09a239aeab_b.jpg

Also got my first mounted flash yesterday... gotta learn how to use to the fullest since I've never tried before...

Nice pics everyone. LA08NATIVE how bad did you want to get him in the middle of that alley way? :lol: fraij da 5 11 nice picture. JWOLFE I would have got closer up on the girl. She should be head to toe in the frame.. IMO.. Juice man, work on your contrast bro.

I shot at the color run yesterday, It started raining at the end. Some guy worked for them and paid me to shoot at the blue area, I was gonna wonder around aimlessly for free. So I took the money and went to the blue area :D. I do remember someone in here shot a color run before, and they said they wrapped their camera up with plastic wrap. Forgot who it was, but thanks, it worked great!

Then it started raining..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom