The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

One from yesterday

Sounds fair to me.

I've been sing the T3i Body only for like $430... Including the kit lens plus the 50 and extra's should get you to where you're at for sure.

I wouldn't buy that. I could buy a T3i for the same price. Try selling the body and lens separately.

Always in awe from so many of these images. I have a pretty broad and general question, and was just wondering where do most of yall get your inspiration from during the PP of your photos. When shooting, do you already have in mind how your want your image to look as its final product after post production, or do you just mess with the raw file when developing within your respective program until you like what you see in front of you?

Hey guys, I come in here from time to time with questions. How do I achieve the "browninsh" tint in my photos, similar to this one, is it something I do in photoshop or while I'm taking the picture?

Hey guys, I come in here from time to time with questions. How do I achieve the "browninsh" tint in my photos, similar to this one, is it something I do in photoshop or while I'm taking the picture?

Youtube "curves" and you will learn how to add and subtract RGB levels in the color channels and that will give you that processed look. You can add/subtract red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, and magenta. Or you can get presets for Lightroom or Photoshop that will do it for you, but learn to do it yourself because you may have a preset you love but the tint isn't what you want/need and you'd have the knowledge to tweak it.

What PP software is everyone using?
I'm using Lightroom to do a quick processing, and Photoshop for more in depth work.

Shot some high ISO stuff in light of some tutorials I read. Not super happy with it as it added way to much crap. Even shot at 2.8 which brought out so much stars that is started to look fake and look like sand. Eh...oh well. Still unable to get light trails nor a clear shot of the milky way.

stars-1.jpg
stars-3a.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the right direction on how to start my own blog? I don't know if there's something specifically better suited for photography blogs and I know nothing about blogs :frown:

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to start my own blog? I don't know if there's something specifically better suited for photography blogs and I know nothing about blogs :frown:

I hate to say it but Tumblr has decent templates for blogs that are simple and would be good just for photo blogging. I am sure even Blogspot and Wordpress have some too but I think Tumblr is easier to deal with and less coding involved.

I like the 2nd one. That was at 2.8 and what else?

I read on some website that to get the milky way shots, you'd have to shoot at f2.8 and some crazy hi ISO like 4000 or higher. I even shot a photo at 6400 and it was just horrible but brought out tons of stars that you can' see with the naked eye. To do star trails, it's the opposite. It's low ISO and shot more closed at f/16 or higher and then you leave it open for like 40 minutes. I guess I wasn't in a dark enough area cause I did a 40 minute shot and it got over exposed. That shot literally killed my battery almost 50% down.

Here's another one I shot but didn't really like it. In the OG file, way too much noise.

stars-2.jpg

Last edited:
shot this the other day...thought it would look cool, but came out looking so bland...able to save it in aperture though. before and after..

santa cruz by bjamez20, on Flickr

santa cruz by bjamez20, on Flickr

fixed the before pic, flickr f'ed it up the first time..

Last edited:
Came across a Canon 60D, 2 16gb SD cards, strap, cables, bag, remote shutter and charger for only $500. Looking to pick up today around 2, I'm upgrading from an xsi so it seems like a steal to me.

Came across a Canon 60D, 2 16gb SD cards, strap, cables, bag, remote shutter and charger for only $500. Looking to pick up today around 2, I'm upgrading from an xsi so it seems like a steal to me.

That seems like a good deal. Just get the nifty fifty and you got a pretty good kit for the price.

which one is cheaper

I think the 24mm by a couple hundred dollars. It's more so what range you want to shoot at. 24 & 35 I are pretty good cameras. Just more so if you want to shoot your subject matter farther or closer away. I say if you are shooting people, go 35mm and if you are shooting general landscapes, go 24mm.

Back
Top Bottom