The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^Used the 24mm and the last two is the nifty-fifty. The first 5 were actually all just using a reflector and natural light. Looks way better on the original file and everything was sharp. I think my edits made it look a tad too unnatural but I am rolling with it anyways. The last two were finally doing some off camera flash. Really fun stuff to do and learned a lot from it all and ow to shoot. The last photo was more for fun with the blue light in the back but I think I am going to finally pull the trigger on getting some flashes finally.

I have a Nikon SB-910 and just decided to add a Yongnuo YN-560II for some off camera strobist stuff. I hear so much positive stuff about them.

I have a Nikon SB-910 and just decided to add a Yongnuo YN-560II for some off camera strobist stuff. I hear so much positive stuff about them.

The guy I shot with had 3 Yongnuos. He said for the price, they are the best flash for your buck but some people have said they crap out early and some don't. He reads more into flash blogs then I do and I might just go with that for now as well.

The guy I shot with had 3 Yongnuos. He said for the price, they are the best flash for your buck but some people have said they crap out early and some don't. He reads more into flash blogs then I do and I might just go with that for now as well.
Initially I didn't want to manually set my flash until I realized that I had to do that with my 910 anyway. Once I get it I'll let you know how I feel about it because I'm not a fan of third party gear but I have their flash triggers for the time being and I don't have any complaints really.

Me and a couple of friends this summer organized this:

it's a three act exhibition that included a real exhibition, a book and an installation in an abandoned house:

you can find all the story and the details at

bleakpop.blogspot.com
bleakpop.blogspot.com
bleakpop.blogspot.com
bleakpop.blogspot.com

please find some pics attached

more, detailed info at this link

bleakpop.blogspot.com

If say Aperture 3 or Lightroom 4/5. I'm on a Mac and I started with iPhoto and then moved up to Aperture 3 then Lightroom 4. All are fairly easy to learn and dive into.

I would recommend Lightroom as well. If you want to go all out learn PhotoShop. I use LR for simple edits and PS for the crazy photo manipulation stuff that you can't do with other editing software programs. YouTube will help guide you thru whichever decision you make.

Shot some high ISO stuff in light of some tutorials I read. Not super happy with it as it added way to much crap. Even shot at 2.8 which brought out so much stars that is started to look fake and look like sand. Eh...oh well. Still unable to get light trails nor a clear shot of the milky way.

stars-1.jpg

stars-3a.jpg
Hey Fong, I shot you a pm.

Shooting a kids birthday party this weekend. Outdoors and should be good, sunny weather. Anyone want to recommend a lens I could rent?

Currently working with a 24-70 f/2.8 and 85 f/1.4. Was thinking about getting a 24 f/1.4 because I didn't know if I wanted to use a zoom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom