The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I don't think he was talking about the A6000 specifically. That camera is an exception. I am specifically talking about the A7 and wanting a full frame sensor.

Granted I haven't used a A7 yet but I took my opinion from this video that I saw the other day. It just didn't convince me otherwise.

Go to 10:19 where he gave his review. He states that the A7II isn't even as good as base level DSLRs. I just sort of regurgitated that info on here but he does say it's decent. Whether or not he's right, I don't know but it's hard not to take his workd.

But again, I shoot different scenarios where I hated the 5D Mark 2 for the same reasons as this A7. I think most DLSRs are fine during the day but it's at night where the issue can be. My 5D Mark 2 couldn't focus for the life of it at night and the Mark 3 was so much better as an upgrade. Ironically after I upgraded, I stopped shooting concert photos but I at least like to know that my camera is capable of doing it when I need it to.

But yes, the autofocus isn't that terrible. Check out the vid below. I mean the objects aren't moving but that isn't considered slow neither.

[COLOR=#red]Correction, Sony is coming out with the A7R ii Full Frame mirrorless cam, and will be introducing a new camera the A9 which will be a FF mirrorless camera which is being designed to go head to head with the Canon 5DS DSLR. I'm rooting for Sony.

Facts or just rumours for now?

I love the A7, much better than the T3i and D5300 I've used perviously. I can't comprehend how they said an entry level DSLR is better in that video. I also have access to a 5DIII to use at anytime but personally I prefer the A7. Then again, I don't shoot wildlife or sports, not my thing.

You guys and the reviews .. Freaking geeks .. LoL

I shoot with a camera and if I like it I'll roll with it.

Food for thought. Elder is a Stan, if Sony is his brand, he will fight for it. You can see the same pattern on the Androids thread with the Galaxy line.

At the end of the day, people like what they like ... Eventually I don't see why a mirror will be needed ... Whether is now or later it will come. For right now, I'll stick with a Canon as is proven ... Until mirror less is trial and proven and become the wave if the future ... I'm good with the Sony DSLR mirror less brand.

Just like fortune 500 companies for the most part still run on Windows, although for the past how many years Apple been the way of the future.

I haven't been active in this thread for a minute but I'm surprised the A6000 is still being discussed lol

quick question brothers.
i have this fancy camera, and i've been practicing shooting raw.
you guys know why the blacks are coming out in weird blotches? i'm not sure if its because i have my cam settings out of wack or if i just dont know what im doing

shot with a 5d mark ii

It looks like it's pretty dark room when you took that picture. It might be that you had the camera in Auto and it used a stupid ISO like 12800 to compensate.

You guys and the reviews .. Freaking geeks .. LoL

I shoot with a camera and if I like it I'll roll with it.

Food for thought. Elder is a Stan, if Sony is his brand, he will fight for it. You can see the same pattern on the Androids thread with the Galaxy line.

At the end of the day, people like what they like ... Eventually I don't see why a mirror will be needed ... Whether is now or later it will come. For right now, I'll stick with a Canon as is proven ... Until mirror less is trial and proven and become the wave if the future ... I'm good with the Sony DSLR mirror less brand.

Just like fortune 500 companies for the most part still run on Windows, although for the past how many years Apple been the way of the future.

I hear you man. I am no even a brand *****. I just want what's good for me and I know I don't want to be limited to what I want to shoot. I mean I don't shoot weddings but I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Also FYI, blood moon is happening some time from Saturday to Sunday. If you have a telephoto, you can get images like this:

Blood-Moon1-650x541.png

i would like to shoot weddings, but I dont like to ruin someones moment because of lack of experience ... lol

you think mirrorless is better for that????

[COLOR=#red]More disinformation. Exactly what I'm talking about :lol: Hilarious!

The a6000 has PDAF on 92% of it's sensor and shoots at 11fps FULLY focused, one of the fastest focusing cameras out period regardless of format. I was in Utah at Arches Natl Park last summer and there was this extremely fast Chipmunk that was taking food from my fellow TA and then running back to the rock crevice. I put it on the fastest shooting mode and it shot so fast full focused at full resolution that it played back like a movie in preview mode. It has a pretty big buffer in both jpg and Raw.

Stop the misinformation.[/COLOR]

Lol this guy is at it again. I'm sorry my personal experience is misinformation. Oh wow you shot a squirrel! Let's see the photo? I want to see you shoot a football game in terrible stadium lighting and see you you fare.

i would like to shoot weddings, but I dont like to ruin someones moment because of lack of experience ... lol

you think mirrorless is better for that????

Mirrorless or mirrored. Whatever you're more comfortable with. There's no better camera if you know how to work either.

elderwatsondiggs elderwatsondiggs Do you know where I can get the A6000 kit lens for the low? I see a bunch on ebay but they look bootleg/unofficial.

what qualifies as for the low?

[COLOR=#red]Correction, Sony is coming out with the A7R ii Full Frame mirrorless cam, and will be introducing a new camera the A9 which will be a FF mirrorless camera which is being designed to go head to head with the Canon 5DS DSLR. I'm rooting for Sony.

Facts or just rumours for now?

I love the A7, much better than the T3i and D5300 I've used perviously. I can't comprehend how they said an entry level DSLR is better in that video. I also have access to a 5DIII to use at anytime but personally I prefer the A7. Then again, I don't shoot wildlife or sports, not my thing.

still rumors but it seems many expect for sony to drop a more pro, higher mpxl camera (supposedly they helped canon develop the sensor(s) in the upcoming 5DS) sometime this year alongside updates for the a7r mk2 & maybe an a7s mk2. the issue with af on sony's full frame mirrorless seems to be that it was developed for the smaller aps-c sensors (at least that what i gather from reading), add that to a larger sensor to cover with af points, i could see how some entry level dslrs would be a bit more consistent getting correct focus on smaller sensors and the aid of the mirror focusing system...

i think that pretty much mirrors #punintended the sentiment of most people that care about this stuff, i think the full frame mirrorless proposition is tempting for many but most are waiting to see how things develop before moving to another system that maybe lacks the lens & accessory support of the established systems. however there are definitely people out hjere doing work with these mirrorless systems, for their advantages, and the image quality is as good if not better in some cases to their dslr cousins...

spring is slowly making it to the northeast, can't wait for these spring/summer days! loosies:

stasis by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

look out by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Untitled by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

tokes99 tokes99 less than $300. I thought cause it was a kit lens it would be cheaper but it's not. It doesn't even get good ratings. I currently have the 50mm.

Speaking of large sensors, you guys see the 5DS preview from Digital Rev?

At 2:57, they show some prints form the camera. Holy hell! That thing is tack sharp for a poster that big. I think that is awesome. Printing something like that from a digital camera is hard to do since more than likely you will sacrifice some IQ from cameras like the Mark 2 & 3. The Nikon D800 was really the only camera to make large prints without sacrificing IQ.

tokes99 tokes99 less than $300. I thought cause it was a kit lens it would be cheaper but it's not. It doesn't even get good ratings. I currently have the 50mm.

the 16-50 power zoom or the 18-55 zoom? i have both, i'd sell you mine for half that, i almost never use either...but you can definitely find either much cheaper than 3 bills!

the 16-50 power zoom or the 18-55 zoom? i have both, i'd sell you mine for half that, i almost never use either...but you can definitely find either much cheaper than 3 bills!

The power power zoom 16-50. My PayPal is ready. :nerd:

Lol this guy is at it again. I'm sorry my personal experience is misinformation. Oh wow you shot a squirrel! Let's see the photo? I want to see you shoot a football game in terrible stadium lighting and see you you fare.

[COLOR=#red]I have shot in a dark stadium :lol: With a kit lens at that and it came out great. Get your skills up homie. Stop blaming the tech :rofl:

Is that water or dirt?

Nice pictures .. Ya dudes making me take a flight to NYC this weekend ... Don't like to shoot much outside since its a mess with all the snow and ****.

Is that water or dirt?

Nice pictures .. Ya dudes making me take a flight to NYC this weekend ... Don't like to shoot much outside since its a mess with all the snow and ****.

Wait, are you saying you don't feel like shooting while in NYC because of the weather? I'm not from NYC, but it was actually pretty nice out today. Went to class in ball shorts and a T-shirt :smokin

For the lunar eclipse looks like it'll be visible at 3:16am PST until 4:58am PST. Pretty cool but I wonder what it looks like from space when the moon sun and earth are all lined up. To see images of that would be killer.

(CNN)Sky watchers in Western North America are in for a treat: a nearly five-minute total lunar eclipse just before sunrise on Saturday.

Here's how it will unfold:

Starting at 3:16 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time, the moon will begin moving into Earth's shadow. For the next hour and 45 minutes, that shadow will move across the moon and engulf it at 4:58 a.m. Pacific Time.

The total eclipse will only last four minutes and 43 seconds, and NASA says that makes it the shortest one of the century.

While people west of the Mississippi River will have the best view, at least a partial eclipse will be visible across the nation. But sunrise will interrupt the show on the East Coast.

Parts of South America, India, China and Russia also will be able to see the eclipse, but it won't be visible in Greenland, Iceland, Europe, Africa or the Middle East.

A lunar eclipse happens when the sun, Earth and moon form a straight line in space, with the Earth smack in the middle.

The sun shines on the Earth and creates a shadow. As the moon moves deeper into that shadow, it appears to turn dark and may even appear to be a reddish color. Why red? Because Earth's atmosphere is filtering out most of the blue light. Some people have nicknamed the effect the "blood moon."

NASA says lunar eclipses typically happen at least twice a year, but this eclipse is the third in a series of four in a row, known as a "tetrad." The first was on April 15, 2014. The second was in September 2014, the next is Saturday and there will be one more, on September 28.

If you want to learn more about the eclipse, NASA astronomer Mitzi Adams will take questions on Twitter @NASA_Marshall.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/01/us/total-lunar-eclipse-blood-moon/

For the lunar eclipse looks like it'll be visible at 3:16am PST until 4:58am PST. Pretty cool but I wonder what it looks like from space when the moon sun and earth are all lined up. To see images of that would be killer.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/01/us/total-lunar-eclipse-blood-moon/

Dope now I'm in a bad situation lol, my 70d is taking forever to ship out and my gh2 has been sent off for a trade in credit. Nothing to try and shoot it with although it sounds like west of Mississippi is the best place to be

Back
Top Bottom