The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

dang i i switch to sony i am getting one of these adapters for some of my film lenses! crazy

that technology has been around awhile and it should only get better, the 1st versions had weaker motors, but now you can even get away with using massive lenses by holding the lens and having the motor move the body (given that the sony camera bodies stay as light as they currently are)

shot these with a manual 85mm rokinon lens for a canon ef mount:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

that technology has been around awhile and it should only get better, the 1st versions had weaker motors, but now you can even get away with using massive lenses by holding the lens and having the motor move the body (given that the sony camera bodies stay as light as they currently are)

shot these with a manual 85mm rokinon lens for a canon ef mount:

looks good! i have always seen adapters, but never with autofocus so this is new to me lol. i dont have a sony or any camera where i need an adapter. any other adapters that can do autofocus though?

looks good! i have always seen adapters, but never with autofocus so this is new to me lol. i dont have a sony or any camera where i need an adapter. any other adapters that can do autofocus though?

there are quite a few for sony, and i think a couple for m4/3rds...depending on the adapter, the lens, and the camera body they have varying levels of control/functionality

you might want to look at the 10-18 f4 for landscapes, it's a pretty decent zoom and the distortion isn't too bad especially on the a6XXX cameras (though technically a apsc lens it also works on a7 cameras from about 12-16mm)

Thanks for the recommendation. A zoom lens is definitely my next purchase after the wide angle.

Speaking of wide lenses. Think instead of going longer I'll be going wider. After my 18-105 broke I've been shooting with a 50mm. Was going to get something longer than 100mm but I think I'm going to grab the 18-35mm Nikon after my last shoot I felt I was stepping back too far to get certain shots.

Being a while since the last time I lurked here, I always appreciate the art you do guys

Here is a pic from @dragicon amazing photo in the frame I made for it
I've been travelling a lot lately but this was right in my place when I arrived last week. it looks amazing
23469230_10214949838118870_512695139_o.jpg

Being a while since the last time I lurked here, I always appreciate the art you do guys

Here is a pic from @dragicon amazing photo in the frame I made for it
I've been travelling a lot lately but this was right in my place when I arrived last week. it looks amazing
23469230_10214949838118870_512695139_o.jpg

#DOPE! i think a dark frame would set it off nicer tho!

God dammit would kill to know where you guys get all that beautiful location (well not the obvious ones tho)

#DOPE! i think a dark frame would set it off nicer tho!

I honestly spend a lot of time thinking in the frame ... I don't use much of dark frames if it isn't for diplomas or **** like that, otherwise I'd like to give much more peace and flow to the room with a light frame

Yeah most of my walls are white, furniture white and black, few wood pieces, white, white more white and then the few paintings and photographies i have :D

Thoughts? Want to learn so don't hesitate. Haven't edited it yet.

NYC by AYCHD, on Flickr

for these types shots experimenting is the way to go, i'd try some long exposures, maybe trying different focal lengths & lenses if they are around to try different compositions & framing, and even coming back at different times for different light (sunrise, sunset, golden hour, blue hour, etc.)

for these types shots experimenting is the way to go, i'd try some long exposures, maybe trying different focal lengths & lenses if they are around to try different compositions & framing, and even coming back at different times for different light (sunrise, sunset, golden hour, blue hour, etc.)

Yeah I decided I did enough reading up on Photography and the best way is to just go and shoot.

Need some help from ya'll photoshop gurus. Does anyone know how I can get the shadows under the car like the one below? Seems like it's super basic but I can't figure it out for the life of me after watching the tutorials I could find on youtube.

masi.JPG

Need some help from ya'll photoshop gurus. Does anyone know how I can get the shadows under the car like the one below? Seems like it's super basic but I can't figure it out for the life of me after watching the tutorials I could find on youtube.

masi.JPG
Open Photo
Duplicate Layer
Select the Gradient Tool.
Draw line across the Photo where you want the gradient to go. Horizontally
Gradient will cover photo.
Decrease Opacity to your liking.

Open Photo
Duplicate Layer
Select the Gradient Tool.
Draw line across the Photo where you want the gradient to go. Horizontally
Gradient will cover photo.
Decrease Opacity to your liking.

This is for the grey background right? Not the black shadows under the car?

To get the shadow under the car you’ll need to cut the car out from the background and then just go to blending options and add a drop shadow. The hardest part is cutting the car out - but with a nice regular shape like that you’ve got a few options.

Yeah, to me it’s the time of day. I did exactly the same this week trying to get a shot. I was too late so if I exposed the sky okay any buildings with lights on were blown out. I went back yesterday and I was too early - the sky was so bright that the buildings were black. Sometimes a scene will only work at certain times of day to get the balance right.

I had to wait an hour and a half to get what I wanted!

So for a while I’ve been having trouble with light leak in long exposures and thought there must be a better way. My buddy has a D810 with the little flip down viewfinder cover - but you can’t get anything like that for lower models.

20076820-880A-4206-9BC8-3EEC2E0E5461.jpeg

Suddenly realised what the little thing with the clip that comes in the box is for! Mind blown...

Back
Top Bottom