IMG_9532.JPG
IMG_9538.JPG
IMG_9535.JPG
IMG_9508.JPG
IMG_9536.JPG
IMG_9539.JPG

Shot a few basketball games of my nephew

I have a gx8 and a couple lenses.

Anything I should get if I wanna do outdoor fitness style shoots? What kind of flash/lighting? Lens?

What kind of photoshop editing tricks should k be looking at?

Guys, hoping you all can help. I'm shooting at Pipeline this week in Hawaii, and so far today all my pics have come out this blurry...

I'm on a tripod using a Nikon D3200 with a Nikkor 70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G. Specs are 300mm, 1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 200 (Shooting on Shutter priority). I just don't know why they are coming out like this especially since I'm on a tripod. HELP!

Pipe1.jpg

Guys, hoping you all can help. I'm shooting at Pipeline this week in Hawaii, and so far today all my pics have come out this blurry...

I'm on a tripod using a Nikon D3200 with a Nikkor 70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G. Specs are 300mm, 1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 200 (Shooting on Shutter priority). I just don't know why they are coming out like this especially since I'm on a tripod. HELP!

Pipe1.jpg

Have you tried other focus modes? Im guessing it's not able to focus quickly enough.

Yeah....you have to put it on AI Servo or whatever Nikon calls it. Then there are even different modes for shooting. Not sure how good the Nikon 3200 is as tracking can vary from camera body. Also if it is sunny, I would shoot with a more closed aperture and crank the ISO up. I would rather have the whole picture clear rather than shooting more open and trying to focus on the subject matter.

Distance may come into play too. 300mm is pretty long. I wonder if your tripod is sturdy enough

Pipe1.jpg
Make sure the IS is off.
Make sure there's no wind or anything that can be moving the camera.
Make sure you have a remote to trigger the camera.
Make sure the tripod has no movement at all.

At 300 just the slightest movement will affect the picture regardless of shutter speed .

Thanks for the input guys. I think it’s a combo of the focal distance and the fact that my tripod is in sand on a beach :lol:

I don’t really have this problem back home in Florida cause the sand is much more firm. So when I looked at my photos today I freaked out thinking my camera was acting up, or worse, I just sucked today :lol:

If you have an access to a monopod then go for that. I use monopods for lenses that are huge (2.8 300, 400) for stability and when I'm far away from subjects like in soccer or football. Tripods restrict movement since it's planted compared to a monopod's versatility. Put the metering to center-weighted - looks like this (•) - and burst mode. Of course, timing totally crucial since you're dealing with a lot of movement and you're on sand. Best of luck!

"Walks of Life" - Times Square, New York City (2017)
IMG_9818.JPG

Pipe1.jpg

in addition to what others have suggested, think about bumping up your iso & shutter speed, it might also help to just hand hold/pan the camera rather that keep it on the tripod...hope you get clearer images, good luck!

Any reason in particular Instagram isn't showing my caption or hashtags?

Attachments

• IMG_20180202_161444.jpg
    IMG_20180202_161444.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Great stuff from everyone....I been missing in action, but I have some stuff to share shortly.

I noticed Sony has given rebates to a lot of stuff again. At $1099, and no word on the A7 III in sight, I may just pull the trigger and get the A7II, and possibly an A6300 (Lately Ive been very intrigued by the idea of dabbling in video).

What I am hoping for eventually is a native FE mount Sigma 20mm 1.4. Thought about picking that up with the MC11 adapter...but figured its better to wait. Been using the 21mm converter on my 28mm, and while its taken some great images, it does have limitations.

Great stuff from everyone....I been missing in action, but I have some stuff to share shortly.

I noticed Sony has given rebates to a lot of stuff again. At $1099, and no word on the A7 III in sight, I may just pull the trigger and get the A7II, and possibly an A6300 (Lately Ive been very intrigued by the idea of dabbling in video).

What I am hoping for eventually is a native FE mount Sigma 20mm 1.4. Thought about picking that up with the MC11 adapter...but figured its better to wait. Been using the 21mm converter on my 28mm, and while its taken some great images, it does have limitations.

If you're at all interested in video the a7 II is not the way to go. I think we'll see an a7 III soon. If not the a6300 has the a7 II beat in every category but sensor size.

Those Sigma lenses are coming. I think this will be a killer year for Sony and Sigma. A 35mm Art would be a dream on an a7r III.

If you're at all interested in video the a7 II is not the way to go. I think we'll see an a7 III soon. If not the a6300 has the a7 II beat in every category but sensor size.

Those Sigma lenses are coming. I think this will be a killer year for Sony and Sigma. A 35mm Art would be a dream on an a7r III.

As for video would use the a6300 exclusively for that. I’ll have enough money for 2 bodies and 2 lenses. I need to round out some things.

I’ve been doing paid sidework without backup bodies for the last year or so......with a number of weddings & christenings coming in the spring I don’t want to take any risks later on. Also plan on some travel overseas....had to take that into consideration as well.

A 35 1.4 ART would be a dream...that and the 20 1.4 and id be good for a while.

As for video would use the a6300 exclusively for that. I’ll have enough money for 2 bodies and 2 lenses. I need to round out some things.

I’ve been doing paid sidework without backup bodies for the last year or so......with a number of weddings & christenings coming in the spring I don’t want to take any risks later on. Also plan on some travel overseas....had to take that into consideration as well.

A 35 1.4 ART would be a dream...that and the 20 1.4 and id be good for a while.

Why not just one body like an a7r II?

I took a 5dM4 and a GH4 to Vietnam for a month. One for stills and one for video. Not a pleasant experience. I wish the a7r II was better for slo mo but its nice to have almost everything in one body.

Back
Top Bottom