The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

damn Fong im sorry to hear that....im surprised my 40d has lasted me so long, specially after the abuse it gets from me...lol

hope you can figure it out....worst case scenario save up for that D3X.... :DROOLS:

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

jay kickz till i die wrote
is this the building from the last scene of 500 days of summer? looks familiar...anyways, i was bored, decided to edit some old photos. C&C welcome
Yup
where's this place at if you don't mind me asking. i'd love to shoot there one time
blah!

304 South Broadway, Los Angeles
Just search for the Bradbury Building. If you're in the LA area its near the Angels flight and the Grand Central Market

took this while walking the dog
4631141818_de44b4dc80.jpg

Alright guys…..I need a little friendly advice if you can give it.

So my camera’s not opening its shutter…resulting in about $400 in repairs (just when I had faith in Nikon again!) I am kind of in a little bind and wonder what you would do in this situation. I am not really looking into fixing a faulty body when I can even get another body for pretty cheap whether on Craigslist or online. Also I kind of don’t want to get another D90 since they are the verge of extinction pretty soon but I don’t really want to be without a camera for a long time either. I have a couple of Nikkor lenses that I like but there is really no Nikon body that I want with my needs, which is something that shoots good in low light and shoots HD videos. I could make the jump to Canon again but I don’t want to downgrade to a T2i and the 7D is looking a little pricy for my budget and plus I want some lenses along side the body I get.

So with that being said, does anyone know if Nikon’s going to come out with a new body anytime soon? And if so, should I just wait till it comes out to make a decision to get a Canon or a Nikon or get something now? Also since the repair is going to cost about $400, I was thinking about just getting a point and shoot for the mean time (Canon S90 = $399) but I know it will shoot crap photos compared to a DSLR.

Anyone want to sell me in getting a T2i? (Santi where you at) or even some Nikon bodies?

Fong, I wouldn't consider the T2i much of a downgrade from the D90. No top LCD, and other minor things. Otherwise it's just as good, if not better. (HD video wise as well)

I am already starting to feel the effects of not having a DSLR.

back-again-3.jpg

Shot this with my Canonet at the free Talib & Hi-Tek concert and realized how shooting film is so much more difficult and expensive. I shot about 20 shots thinking I would get some good photos and all I came out with is one boring capture. And it cost me about $7 to process it and make it digital.

I went to my friend's wedding and brought my camera stuff. I left my bag on the floor next to my chair. The guys were taking alcohol shots at my table while I was on the dance floor. One of my friend's cousin was gonna take a shot of goose but end up throwing up on my chair and landed some on my bag. If it got onto my stuff inside I would of been pissed! Hope I can wash it and resell it since I got a new bag that's bigger. The bride and groom had to pay $500 for that clean up. The family was pissed lol.

Finally visited the Sears/Willis Tower Sky Deck. Here's the view of Chicago North Loop. No wannabe photoshop tilt-shift here. Taken with 5D Mark II + TS-E 45 f2/.8. Click photo for more pics + link to my blog.

New pick-up.

Casio EX-FC150.

- 10.1mp, 5x optical

- 40fps continuous shooting.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

- can record in hd (720p). Also can record slow-mo up to 1000fps mode
eek.gif
sick.gif
(though at a reduced rate).

- ability to precapture images up to 30fps from immediately before the shutter is pressed.
smh.gif

- ability to combine multiple burst shots into one single image, in-camera

rrqb84.jpg

34g4hhv.jpg

5u1f7q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom