The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With MK being rebooted seems like the legacy kids might be dunzo.

A shame if that's the case, Cassie Cage grow to be one of my favorite new MK characters.
Yea, I know a lot of people were waiting for Takeda to come back as well. Maybe the future will end up colliding with the past somehow during the story mode.

baddie

0CB98D9D-114D-4F4D-B0EC-19DC16C20558.png

01EAD46A-33F9-45D1-A8C8-29A18907568E.png

Assists in MK?? My interest is piqued.
Not really a fan of the MK gameplay. Just the lore but this sounds interesting.

Sucks it comes out after Evo. Whereas SF6 drops before so it’ll generate a lot of interest then lead into the crazy CPT league. Will MK match that? Their tourney scene isn’t exactly lucrative.

MK will need to make their own pro tour.

MK sells the most out of all fighters but they have the weakest competitive scene. The MK - Injustice rotation meant each game didn't get enough time to mature before the next one came out so the pro players had to jump ship in order to chase the prize money.

I think Warner Bros are just content with game sales and DLC. I don't see them having interest in the competitive side but I also didn't think there would be assists so we'll see.

Marvel vs Capcom style Mortal Kombat? 😕
Worked for Capcom versus, Skull Girls, and DBZ Fighters. Probably won’t be insane but I definitely think it would’ve fitted in Injustice to make it more distinct.
Assists in MK?? My interest is piqued.
Not really a fan of the MK gameplay. Just the lore but this sounds interesting.

MK will need to make their own pro tour.

MK sells the most out of all fighters but they have the weakest competitive scene. The MK - Injustice rotation meant each game didn't get enough time to mature before the next one came out so the pro players had to jump ship in order to chase the prize money.

I think Warner Bros are just content with game sales and DLC. I don't see them having interest in the competitive side but I also didn't think there would be assists so we'll see.
It’s worked for them. Their titles generate short-term interest but it comes at the detriment of community support. Didn’t watch the last Evo (besides the SF top 8) but WB should definitely adopt a Capcom Pro Tour like approach but then their games would have to be balanced 😂.

:lol: It depends on the day. Co-GOTYs.

But when you ask when is the last time Kojima won GOTY, I have to ask by what metric is that determined?
:lol: it’s all subjective, it doesn’t even matter but just based on the nominees from the 2019 TGA, I’d say Sekiro, Smash Bros. Ultimate and RE2 were all better than what I’ve played of Death Stranding. I’m still trying to fit a Death Stranding into my schedule but it’s just such a slow burn.

Seems like competitive Mk is also possibly held back by the lack of interest in Asia and Europe. It seems like the most US dominated game of the major ones, whereas games like Tekken and SF are more global.

Has that song ever been used in an official capacity? It should be the main theme for MK games!

Has that song ever been used in an official capacity? It should be the main theme for MK games!

From what I remember it was a copyright and licensing issues.
That song was made for the film and is actually called Techno Syndrome by the Immortals but just became the main theme probably because it sounds so good.

I'm guessing it's just a headache to license it but it would've made more sense license it for this reboot than the last game.

Last edited:
The 11 reveal used rap too

They probably dropped it because it’s a new timeline

^^^I just went and looked it up. It had 21 Savage.

Won’t lie the trailer with the MK Techno theme was more hype.

Next week, do we get the hype (since E3 is dead)?

If its like NBA 2K, they probably cant afford the NIL deals for all the microtransactions they'd try to jam in the game.

EA has one in the works for next year.

I want to play Zelda all night then at 2am turn off the lights, put my headphones on and play Humanity.

Yea, I know a lot of people were waiting for Takeda to come back as well. Maybe the future will end up colliding with the past somehow during the story mode.

Takeda is rumored to be a DLC pack for MK1 (along with Homelander, Omni-Man, and Peacemaker) so there's hope the legacy kids will be a part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom