The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is buying an external ssd worth it for my ps4 games or should i just wait until sony announces the internal ssd slot is now operational?

was thinking of picking this one up

I say do it, since you can transfer them all to the internal SSD slot later on when the PS5 firmware update finally activates it.

Getting an external drive now doesn't hurt at all.......and it'll probably still be an added benefit even when the PS5's internal SSD slot is finally active, since you have more storage options (an additional 1 TB from that SSD probably still won't be enough for the PS4 backlog bois LOL)

i went with the Steelseries 7p

i have the xm3's and just cant understand why they dont support bluetooth let alone their own sony headset

it must be because it would probably kill the gaming headset market.

People probably would just pair their airpods to the playstation or something similar.

yeah i was hoping they would add the bluetooth support for the PS5 but it does take away from the gaming headset market and sony’s ability to cash in on their own as well haha

at least the mic is built into the controller now so it’s not too bad

is buying an external ssd worth it for my ps4 games or should i just wait until sony announces the internal ssd slot is now operational?

was thinking of picking this one up

That’s not an external ssd. And I say yes it’s totally worth it so you don’t have to take up space on the ps5. Have a 5tb WD black p10 hdd attached to my ps5 has about 800gb left on it. Couldn’t store all that in the ps5’s internal ssd.

I say do it, since you can transfer them all to the internal SSD slot later on when the PS5 firmware update finally activates it.

Getting an external drive now doesn't hurt at all.......and it'll probably still be an added benefit even when the PS5's internal SSD slot is finally active, since you have more storage options (an additional 1 TB from that SSD probably still won't be enough for the PS4 backlog bois LOL)

That’s not an external ssd. And I say yes it’s totally worth it so you don’t have to take up space on the ps5. Have a 5tb WD black p10 hdd attached to my ps5 has about 800gb left on it. Couldn’t store all that in the ps5’s internal ssd.

Yea my plan is to store all the ps4 games on the external and store all the ps5 games on the soon to be 2 ssds inside the ps5

good lookout on it not being an ssd but i figured the ps4 games dont really benefit from the ssd speeds the ps5 ssd can do from an external if that makes sense. Im just going to run the ps4 games off the external im not about to be transferring them back and forth from the external to the internal ps5 ssd

trying to get this warzone and all this other cod stuff off my internal lol

yeah i was hoping they would add the bluetooth support for the PS5 but it does take away from the gaming headset market and sony’s ability to cash in on their own as well haha

at least the mic is built into the controller now so it’s not too bad

thats really the only conclusion i can come to theres really no reason this high tech piece of hardware cant run bluetooth.

Cyberpunk doesn’t look good right now. Curious to see what reviews will be like

im really tryna hold out until patches and ps5 support

i already got a nice back log im about to tackle on my holiday break that can hold me over

but i really want to see what the hype is all about with this cp2077

Nice little subtle personal touch for the time being. Really do plan on doing more when I can actually settle on something.
PXL_20201206_010106936.jpg

Upper 80's low 90s. People actually playing it are enjoying it and say that last patch made it playable. Really want to see what the Day 1 will do.

I find it funny that people who broke street date. Are mad that it’s buggy mess.

like no patches are out yet early it’s not the final product.

I wish CP2077 wasn’t a first person game , I tend to get motion sickness playing those type of games .

Still havent decided if i want to wait for CP2077 next gen update or not.
I know you will get the update, but id rather play the better version from the jump

Was the PS4 release this bad?

I don’t see the point in underproducing when you don’t profit on the resell

don’t mind me I’m just mad I don’t have one yet
Not even close. Ps4 and xbone was cake. While I pre-ordered both. When I went to pick up on RD, both were sitting on pallets full at best buy. It was a different world then. Bots weren't taking everything. Resell wasn't a big market

But it was wild for the 360 and ps3. I worked at toys r us, in the R Zone. Can't lie, I made a lot of bread shorting stock and selling to the customers that offered me cash on the side. I had one guy that gave me an extra 350 per each one. Was easy to tell people no, it's OOS, if they weren't offering cash :lol:. Cash was king. So I get the concept of back dooring, both shoes and systems. If there's cash to be made, the hungry will find ways to get it.

i went with the Steelseries 7p

i have the xm3's and just cant understand why they dont support bluetooth let alone their own sony headset

it must be because it would probably kill the gaming headset market.

People probably would just pair their airpods to the playstation or something similar.

I'm using the same setup too with the XM3's

Sony don't let you connect Bluetooth headsets because of interference with the Dualsense or DS4.

That's why the pulse and other headsets with a dongle use RF instead of Bluetooth.

Yea my plan is to store all the ps4 games on the external and store all the ps5 games on the soon to be 2 ssds inside the ps5

good lookout on it not being an ssd but i figured the ps4 games dont really benefit from the ssd speeds the ps5 ssd can do from an external if that makes sense. Im just going to run the ps4 games off the external im not about to be transferring them back and forth from the external to the internal ps5 ssd

trying to get this warzone and all this other cod stuff off my internal lol

thats really the only conclusion i can come to theres really no reason this high tech piece of hardware cant run bluetooth.

PS4 games do benefit from SSD's but it's not a massive jump since devs mainly built the games for base PS4 compatibility.

I find it funny that people who broke street date. Are mad that it’s buggy mess.

like no patches are out yet early it’s not the final product.

Reviewers should have the games now though right?
I haven't kept up.

Looking at how long it took the Witcher 3 to get to a good state, I wouldn't touch this game until the PS5 patch comes out.
Let's see how it runs at launch but I won't get my hopes up.

In regards to current compatibility, ps5 games can’t go on external. I’ll wait for Sony to enable the additional slot and then shell out for a nice sized nvme internal storage. For ps4 games, I bought a Samsung t5. even as an external drive, it loads gta way faster than the ps4 pro did.

I got cyberpunk on Buy 2 get one free. So it was my free game.

im not worried to much what I’m annoyed about is how target won’t have it on release date at my house lol.

Back
Top Bottom