The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Diggin the Pro controller
I was expecting $200, so I'm not surprised.
Probably will cop

I'm not preordering something before the holidays
to get it after the holidays though.

Anyone play the SF6 Beta?
Just catching up on videos now and man did Capcom listen and then some. They thought of everything as far as features go.
Gameplay looks expressive as well and not just flowchart but I don't know all the mechanics in dept yet.

VR2 will definitely be atleast $400.

I thought so too. Then Meta Pro was announced for $1500 and Sony raised PS5 prices in some territories. I can see at least $500 for VR2 now :smh:

Yea, I'm thinking the $450 as well to match the price of the PS5 like PSVR did with PS4.
We could be in for a surprise though with Bloomberg saying they plan to sell 2 million of these in the first year I think which will be a lot more than PSVR. That took 2 years to get to 2 million IIRC.

Dunno what Meta is smoking with that $1500 Meta Pro. I'm all for packing features into hardware for the high end like the top GPU's and VR headsets but $1500 for a 2 hour battery life headset is a joke.

I wish I could’ve played the SF 6 Beta. Game looks great. My only complaint is the music. Sounds meh.

That drive bar is insane and leads to so many mechanics canceling, counters, parries, impacts, etc.

The only thing we haven’t seen is the story mode.

I wish I could’ve played the SF 6 Beta. Game looks great. My only complaint is the music. Sounds meh.

That drive bar is insane and leads to so many mechanics canceling, counters, parries, impacts, etc.

The only thing we haven’t seen is the story mode.

Funny you said that because I've been listening to the themes and stage music at work today and I like them. I've only heard the character themes and stages.
Not better than SFV so far.

Favourite one so far. Very Chill. Round 2 is :pimp:

Jill's theme is a perfect fit:

So far Ken’s stage is my favorite:

Even with that said, there’s an elevator music like composition to them with hip hop snares and drums. SF 2, SSFT2, SFA2, and TS have the best SF soundtracks. IV and V just were uninspired remixes.

$200 😳

1/26/23

A34E89AC-CA35-4ECF-8481-187E6A2BD2E7.gif

Edit: the timing on this is hilarious 🤣

Right, but if I bought that Elite controller what games would I play?

Look like a nerd using a controller sitting in front of a PC? If I custom'd an Elite controller in My Chemical Romance blood red you want me to sit in a chair for 7 years to wait for Starfield?

"Oh you bought Gamepass on PC? Please, use this overpriced, inferior-to-mouse-and-keyboard peripheral! Don't worry, we have a more expensive.... errr ... better one on the way!"

No thank you. I will pay the $200USD to play the 25 year old RPG's that require lightning fast d-pad inputs and cross button hitting to get through dialogue, as God intended.

Last edited:
Still waiting to see if you can replace the sticks separately, and the cost. Selling point for me would be the improved durability more than the customization.

Still waiting to see if you can replace the sticks separately, and the cost. Selling point for me would be the improved durability more than the customization.
I believe you can buy the sticks separately for $19.99 so I think the answer is yes.

The DualSense Edge wireless controller will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. In addition, the replaceable stick modules will be available globally on January 26 for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99.

I don’t want VR2 to be too pricey cause I don’t want it to die early. We have to remember that it requires a PS5. If it ends up costing more than $499, we’re looking at $1k+ for a “niche” device. There’s actual competition in the VR space now.

1k seems in line with similar VR products. PC + VR is going to cost you at least that, as far as I can tell.

They're prepping 2 million for the launch window, so maybe they'll surprise us with a good price.

You still have the Oculus out there which doesn’t require a PC. It obviously isn’t going to be a good as PSVR2 but the casual don’t care about that.

$200 is too rich for my taste, I’ll be waiting for reviews from y’all before buying.

Same.
Currently, I don't think it makes sense for me to buy a $200 controller.

Is there a comparison for the standard PS5 controller & this?
Seems like its catered for FPS players etc.

Also, it's not releasing until January right?

PO

Last edited:
Apparently Silent Hill 2 remake and a new Silent Hill have leaked.

Also, Halloween sale going on at the PS Store.

Back
Top Bottom