The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding the Dualsense Edge controllers, you can ONLY pre-order on PlayStation Direct the 25th.

Major retailers will sell them February 23rd.

I never played SH, but why are they remaking SH2 and not 1?
It’s been forever since I played the original trilogy. I felt like like they were all pretty dark games. But two felt the darkest with Pyramid Head, Mary, etc.

Maybe it’s just a feeler type release. I wish Suikeden got a true remaster.

While they’re at it. Remake Metal Gear 1. Remake 2 (and tighten up that nonsensical story). Remaster part four for 4K and 60 fps.

Gotham Knights reviews are starting to trickle out and it looks like it's getting dragged.

IGN gave it a 5/10 and Gamespot gave it a 4/10

Found a slightly more favorable review from GamingBolt where they gave Gotham Knights a 7/10

I was iffy on GK from the jump and the recent news about it being locked to 30fps didn't help but I'll eventually cop when it is steeply discounted or more likely on PS+ Extra/Premium.

Also review scores aren't the end all be all, but can help to reaffirm your initial thoughts about a game.

IGN (6/10) and Gamespot (7/10) gave Avengers more favorable reviews than GK byke in the day but from moment I saw actual gameplay decided I'm not spending my money on this bull****. Would not bother with Avenger even if it came to PS+

Will give GK a chance.......eventually.

I really liked the Arkham games so I'll give Gotham Knights a shot eventually...probably after it gets a handful of patches

Not very excited about the bosses being damage sponges

Its mildly infuriating that FFXVI is an action RPG, because I really like where the story is heading.

You had Strangers in Paradise. Why do you need to use that combat style/system in this game as well?

Classic SE, casting a broad net and trying to shoe-horn in what is popular in the zeitgeist instead of just doing something original. This is why the series has lost its luster.

I am speaking critically; I fully understand sales numbers are a completely different story. Shortly after XV I realized I need to look at smaller series/indie games to get the same feeling that the old Final Fantasy gave me. Its still sad I cant have the same excitement I had as a kid seeing a new FF trailer.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford about to write his War & Peace

Don't worry, I already sent in my slander for Sony...
ConsiderateNaturalAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

Its mildly infuriating that FFXVI is an action RPG, because I really like where the story is heading.

You had Strangers in Paradise. Why do you need to use that combat style/system in this game as well?

Classic SE, casting a broad net and trying to shoe-horn in what is popular in the zeitgeist instead of just doing something original. This is why the series has lost its luster.

I am speaking critically; I fully understand sales numbers are a completely different story. Shortly after XV I realized I need to look at smaller series/indie games to get the same feeling that the old Final Fantasy gave me. Its still sad I cant have the same excitement I had as a kid seeing a new FF trailer.
I think I gave up on that classic FF style after the XIII trilogy. The unfortunate part is that even with the indie/smaller JRPGs that try and mimic that old school FF style, none of them, imo, come close to FF. The last time I played a game that felt like FF was Lost Odyssey and Microsoft seems to have forgotten about that game.

Trying not to watch the FF trailer but I've always thought of FF as the JRPG that sets the pace with innovation so they can never be stagnant.
I prefet action to turn based battle systems but I think you still need a party.

FFVII Remake did it well IMO

Trying not to watch the FF trailer but I've always thought of FF as the JRPG that sets the pace with innovation so they can never be stagnant.
I prefet action to turn based battle systems but I think you still need a party.

FFVII Remake did it well IMO

Youd have to go back to XIV for the last time they actually showed any sign of innovation, IMO. And to be honest, XII might be really the last game that I really felt showed real advancement in gameplay.

JRPG used to encompass a genre. I honestly feel like the only tie this game has is that it was developed by a Japanese developer. All other commonalities have been stripped.

As you said, the VII Remake was... passable. But XVI looks much more extreme in terms of the over-the-top button mashing.

Ive said it before, but I think this series has passed me by. Which is fine, just sad. for me. I'll hold out hope for the I-VI remakes coming to PS5 and let a new generation enjoy this.

Strangers in Paradise was the first FF game I didnt preorder or buy at release, and this will be the second.

Finally finished Spiderman (the first one yes I'm very behind), so I'm asking which one to start up next. Red Dead 2, God of War, replay Last of Us or jump right into Last of Us 2? I've started both RD2 and GoW but fell off.

My work schedule and shortening attention span caused me to miss out on some great games, but I'm trying to catch up.

Finally finished Spiderman (the first one yes I'm very behind), so I'm asking which one to start up next. Red Dead 2, God of War, replay Last of Us or jump right into Last of Us 2? I've started both RD2 and GoW but fell off.

My work schedule and shortening attention span caused me to miss out on some great games, but I'm trying to catch up.

You not interested in jumping into Spider-Man: Miles Morales?

If not then I would suggest God of War.

And don't worry about being behind.

A lot of us dealing with that #backloglife, myself included.

I am but I figured to take a Spiderman break. It's on the list though

GOW would be a great game to finish.

Back
Top Bottom