The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Can't remember what the reception was like here for this game.

they don't have any practical use for them anymore other than making your gpu look different. the price make them garbage. I'd buy one for $5-$10 though as that is the only worth it has on your gpu.

Dunno about the new cards but I used to mine crypto with a 3090 and I would've killed for a water block. All 9 fans in my case plus the GPU fans were all on full blast 24/7 :lol:
Still don't know how I slept through it.

Great for winter though. Warmed up my room nicely.

Last edited:
Dunno about the new cards but I used to mine crypto with a 3090 and I would've killed for a water block. All 9 fans in my case plus the GPU fans were all on full blast 24/7 :lol:
Still don't know how I slept through it.

Great for winter though. Warmed up my room nicely.
my bro-in-law slept with his mining rig and his room felt like your in a sauna. it was good for winter but damn brutal once spring comes up til fall. as far as temperature and maintenance goes, it doesn't really make a lot of difference at those mining temps. you need to be in siberia just to feel normal. besides, the cost of waterblock for a mining rig isn't really worth the investment considering the maintenance of them. you'd be better off buying new/used gpus for the cost of a customized waterblock. just invest buying an AC unit. it would cool down all your mining rig for less the cost of an individual waterblock.

It was a good game. Not great. Setting and graphics were probably the best part about the game.

I think they should have gotten a second chance, but Oculus bought the studio so probably wont ever happen.

my bro-in-law slept with his mining rig and his room felt like your in a sauna. it was good for winter but damn brutal once spring comes up til fall. as far as temperature and maintenance goes, it doesn't really make a lot of difference at those mining temps. you need to be in siberia just to feel normal. besides, the cost of waterblock for a mining rig isn't really worth the investment considering the maintenance of them. you'd be better off buying new/used gpus for the cost of a customized waterblock. just invest buying an AC unit. it would cool down all your mining rig for less the cost of an individual waterblock.

Mine was just my normal tower with 2 GPUs. Nothing special like a dedicated rig but from what I saw, people with water blocks were able to get their temps much lower but for a rig with loads of PCI slots, I wouldn't bother.

I just opened the side panel.

From what I read, the play time was too short. Clocks in at about 7 hours. You know, nowadays everything gotta be 100+.

I wonder if the reception would've been better if it was cheaper but don't know if thats possible with its production values.
Don't mind short games like Journey

I live in HK where we have our share of JDMs on the road. And, yes, I've seen a few FK2s... still looks great IRL. Also seen a few FK8's, too, but it didn't change my mind on them. Not seen an FL5 yet tho.

GT7 - Only done a few laps of the FL5... and while it handles quite nicely, I'm finding myself having to really feather the throttle or else there will be a bit of, what I think is, torque steer. Same for the SEMA EG.

Nice, maybe one day I'll get to see/touch an FK2 IRL... the OG of the current batch of R's.

So far, I am smitten by the FL5 in GT7. In stock form, it was 2.5s faster than the FK8 LE on the ring after my third lap... So much easier to drive - the performance increase from the improved power curve (new turbo unit) plus that wider track are undeniable. I haven't been able to think about much else to do with my spare time since the first drive. Only driven the EG via the sports time attack challenge and found it to be pretty fun as well but for now, I'll be hooked on winning every race possible in the FL5 with tires as the only mod. It has been one of the most satisfying VR + direct drive experiences for me thus far.

Not getting tons of what I perceive to be torque steer on either but I am have been really focused on braking (a bit) earlier to better position the car to allow the suspension and brakes to manage the speed into the apex so I can slam the throttle earlier but after the suspension has begun to settle and the front end isn't overloaded. Quite contrary to my previous later braking, then throttle while trail-braking style of corner management.

It was a good game. Not great. Setting and graphics were probably the best part about the game.

I think they should have gotten a second chance, but Oculus bought the studio so probably wont ever happen.

My thoughts basically.

Enjoyed The Order but with the short run time and repetitive boss fights among other issues, it left a lot of meat on the bone.

I still haven't played it inspite of coming out almost a decade ago. graphics did look phenomenal and I don't mind the short playing time as I happen to play other games along with it. I still haven't finished Intergrade so that works.

I still haven't played it inspite of coming out almost a decade ago. graphics did look phenomenal and I don't mind the short playing time as I happen to play other games along with it. I still haven't finished Intergrade so that works.

You should definitely give it a try.

Was a fun game but you're left a bit disappointed because of the wasted potential.

Haven't played it but I loved the designs of the characters, weapons and the atmospheric setting.
Was hoping these 4 became PS staples. Look at the moustaches :pimp:

1696333126855.jpeg

Sony sitting on so many dormant IP's they can bring back.

Hype Train has left the station.
CGI trailer so not really a spoiler for those on media blackout.

Sucks ****. Couldn’t leave well enough alone and just do an MP mode in Pt. II.

10 years later and Sony hasn’t done an MP game as good as factions.

I can’t remember who I was talking to but I made the argument that Sony has always sucked at making multiplayer games outside of Factions which imo, was on par with Gears of War. They could have at least included multiplayer in the $70 remake :smh:

I can’t remember who I was talking to but I made the argument that Sony has always sucked at making multiplayer games outside of Factions which imo, was on par with Gears of War. They could have at least included multiplayer in the $70 remake :smh:

Makes sense why Sony had to go and purchase all these studios to fill that weakness. Especially Bungie.

I remember hearing Uncharted 2 having good multiplayer so I don't know why ND struggled with the new Factions.

I think they suffered from scope creep and it got too big. Something on a similar level to Ghosts of Tsushima Legends or the previous Factions would've been fine.

ND should probably stick to what their best at. At this rate we mmight only get 1 game this gen even though they got 2 teams.

I remember hearing Uncharted 2 having good multiplayer so I don't know why ND struggled with the new Factions.

I think they suffered from scope creep and it got too big. Something on a similar level to Ghosts of Tsushima Legends or the previous Factions would've been fine.

Yeah, by all indications they wanted to do something more ambitious and "substantial" than the original Factions multiplayer content. Then they ended up needing to divert more manpower into The Last of Us II's single player, so the Factions II stuff got sucked into PlayStation's GAAS goals.

Their struggle isn't that they forgot how to make a multiplayer mode that people will like, it's a full separate game now and it has to support itself/at least try to be a financial success (and that's where Bungie's alleged assessment came in.)

At this point they might as well throw in the towel and just make sure there's a multiplayer mode in TLOU III.

Back
Top Bottom