The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gotta say, im disappointed i didnt see anyone list NFSU or NFSU2. one of the GOAT PS2 racing games.
It was cool but if I was going to put a racing game outside of Mario Kart on there, I’d have to put Driveclub. That said, I shoud go see mental health for not including the GOAT racer that is Diddy Kong Racing :smh:

Racing games are harder to pin down because so many people look at/play racing games differently. Some people just want it to be fun, some want customization, some want good/realistic driving/racing mechanics, some people, apparently, think they are collecting games where you're supposed to get or unlock all the cars???

I get that some folks find the FK2 to be a bit chunky, but it appealed to me right from the beginning for some reason.
But given the choice for FL5 or FK8... FL5 in a heartbeat! But is it true that the engine sound is fake?

I had a real-life EK back in the day, but it was the US-spec, with the D16 SOHC VTec engine, which was underwhelming.
An EG hatchback (shoutout to the clamshell trunk!) with a B-series would be amazing. Add an R32 as well as an Evolution (3, 4 or 6) and my JDM dream garage would be fulfilled. 😂

I updated the game this afternoon right after the server maintenance and everything ran without any issues. 🤔
---TLDR---

Not sure what continent you are on, but were you ever able to see/touch the FK2 in real life? When the promo video dropped I was high-key in awe but since it was never offered here, my affinity for it waned and the quietness of the K20C1 (they all sound like vacuum cleaners-boo) made it underwhelming in the game. I bet being around it frfr might change my opinion.

Fake sound in the FK8 (2020 and up) and FL5, yup. Back to my vacuum cleaner reference, the K20C1 has no aural character and is one of the smoothest engines I've ever experienced. The wife and I went to trade the Mugen for an FK8 at launch back in 2017 but the test drive was brutal. The car was fast, solid and uber-capable but was quiet as a mouse and lacked any character or soul. Our Mugen is an overwrought screamer so the smiles stay plaquered to your face at all speeds. The only sense of fun in the R was triple-digit speeds, so we left brokenhearted. Sheet was just boring... Racers complained of banging the limiter repeatedly because of the lack of audible or visceral feedback, so for the 2020 mid-cycle update, they added the pumped-in fake sound. In the FK8 it is subtle and effective (similar to VW's, they've been doing this for a decade) but I'm frequently hearing they may have overdone it with the FL5 - but it's easy to disconnect. It's also easy to lock the valved exhaust open for more feedback. Acura fixed this on the new Integra Type-S so I expect the FL5 to get the fix soon....

I always loved the D-series SOHC because here they didn't have rev limiters, and it could seemingly be stretched beyond reason if need be so it gave me my first taste of high revving honda glory. Will never forget the first drive when I was only 17. CRX Si pulled like an EV... :rofl:

Had a chance to experience an R32 a few times, only LHD I've been in... a friend of mine had one for about 2 years before selling when the first kid was on the way. Magical beast... As for EVO, only experienced the 9 & 10 but it was instant heartstrings...AWD with the soul of a Honda. lol.

---

PS5 Update - think something is wrong with my router. Phone is pulling down 800mb but the work laptop and PS5 are paralyzed... will reset it tonight. Salivating to get the FL5 on the ring in VR and compare times to the EKT & FK8 LE.

Racing games are harder to pin down because so many people look at/play racing games differently. Some people just want it to be fun, some want customization, some want good/realistic driving/racing mechanics, some people, apparently, think they are collecting games where you're supposed to get or unlock all the cars???

I'm a fan of all.

GT for Sim
Driveclub for SimCade
Burnout Paradise for Arcade but a bunch others like Motorstorm, DIRT 3 and Need for Speed.

SIMS are just rewarding. When you get all the licenses in GT and start using those techniques in races or time runs, it's one of the best feelings.
Arcades on the other hand are just pure fun. Open world with nitrous, take downs, drifting etc..

I just realised how much of these games are dead though. :smh:

Actually reminded me to check Epic games store to see what's free this month and saw this on sale. Anyone play?
aya-and-naya-580yd.jpg

Max Payne 1 & 2 are worthy remake candidates.

It's not like R* was gonna put out a new one.

Yeah and Max Payne 3 which R* produced is hard as hell to find just to even replay. I think the only way right now to replay it is on disc with Series X backwards compatibility

I have Max Payne 3 on Steam. I need to boot that joint up and give it a shot. I never played the first two though.

Play Max Payne 3 and wonder why every game (2) they released after controls like ***.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom