The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best SOP!

So happy with Street Fighter 6 and Final Fantasy XVI

I've always wanted a spin-off FF focused just on the summons but this is even better. Summons not looking a flash in a pan but their strength and power is integral to the story. Still salty about what Seifier did to Odin in FFVIII lol. Even got the orchestra singing their names at the end :lol:

Gameplay looks like a polished Forspoken. The lifebars on the top for both player and summons is looking interesting.
Hype levels for the game is near Versus XIII. Time for the media blackout.

SF6 is looking so good. Surprised to see it's going to be on PS4 as well but makes sense with PS5 shortages. I hope this brings the series back to high sales.
Animations are on point as usual and gameplay looks like it's bringing a lot of stuff from the old games but hard to tell.
Megaton is the single player content though. Good to see they learnt from the barebones SF5 launch. Looks like we might be getting the world tour mode from Alpha 3

Roster leaked as well and it looks like 25 characters at launch. New characters look sick and the new costumes are :pimp:

1654268963395.png
1654268979126.png

1654220251253.jpg

1654269002884.png

1654269029307.png

1654269544363.png

Looking forward to Horizon Call of the Mountain. VR is going to put real scale to the machines. Graphics didn't really take a hit either.

Some slides I thought were interesting from the IR Day.

1654274134848.png

1654273966174.png

1654273268863.png

1654273523352.png

1654273796411.png

1654274063622.png

Surprising to see China rise up the ranks fast even with all the censorship. Lots of talent there and their games like Genshin Impact and Black Myth WuKong are getting recognition.
Hopefully this leads to some first party studios from the region.

Good to see new IP's will get 50% of the budget. Definitely need more Horizons and Ghosts.
PS4 for first party seems to be officially done now going by the 5th slide and last slide, the sales target is definitely going to happen with SpiderMan coming to PC.

As someone who is in marketing, a few of those infographics are ..... selective with their information. :lol:
No background in marketing but when I see 1k sold per minute I can’t help but laugh. Can’t you just say them mfs selling like hot cakes and can’t be found in stores :lol:

Which ones?

Also reminded me that I forgot to link it for the rest of the slides. They're really going to put Bungie to work for the live services plan.

Im in a totally different industry so take my opinions with a grain of salt, but a few things:

- "expressed interest"? What does that mean sepcifically? How did NielsenIQ find this information?
- 80k in 80 minutes is impressive... but the sample size of 3 "leading retail events" is fairly narrow.
- PS+ subs will increase when you make it virtually mandatory to play online
-a digital only SKU is going to naturally skew the digital numbers, not to mention the improvement of online infrastructure to rural areas over that timeframe.
-
1654280776173.png

all 3 of these bar graphs represent 100% but are put in ascending size for.... reasons? :lol: I dont think the Y Axis was left off coincidentally.
- China and Sony reached an agreement in 2014, a few months after PS4 came out. I would expect brand adoption would take at least a generation. So the increase is not unexpected.
- The PC one is the one that gets me. OF COURSE you will see exponential growth in that space that correlates when you started to actually put IP on PC.

This is a marketing document so this is the type of thing they are supposed to show. I just think this was done a little... maybe brazenly? Im sure they could have come up with some better metrics.

I also am guilty of doing this on almost every quarterly report, so I may actually steal a couple of these ideas. :rofl:

Im in a totally different industry so take my opinions with a grain of salt, but a few things:

- "expressed interest"? What does that mean sepcifically? How did NielsenIQ find this information?
- 80k in 80 minutes is impressive... but the sample size of 3 "leading retail events" is fairly narrow.
- PS+ subs will increase when you make it virtually mandatory to play online
-a digital only SKU is going to naturally skew the digital numbers, not to mention the improvement of online infrastructure to rural areas over that timeframe.
-
1654280776173.png

all 3 of these bar graphs represent 100% but are put in ascending size for.... reasons? :lol: I dont think the Y Axis was left off coincidentally.
- China and Sony reached an agreement in 2014, a few months after PS4 came out. I would expect brand adoption would take at least a generation. So the increase is not unexpected.
- The PC one is the one that gets me. OF COURSE you will see exponential growth in that space that correlates when you started to actually put IP on PC.

This is a marketing document so this is the type of thing they are supposed to show. I just think this was done a little... maybe brazenly? Im sure they could have come up with some better metrics.

I also am guilty of doing this on almost every quarterly report, so I may actually steal a couple of these ideas. :rofl:

The slide with the 3 bar graph is actually funny. It's the type of graph you see in Apple presentations. :lol:
The 80K in 82 minutes is a leaf from the old Xbox side of things. "Players have shot 20 Billion bullets collectively over 500 Million hours and" or something like that. :lol:

China has always been a weird case. They don't get a bunch of games that we do and there's a long certification process for the ones that do end up getting released.
Probably why it got it's own slide since its a big market that could fill in the hole being left by Japan.

Apart from that I think the rest look fine but I'm far from an analyst

Oh its definitely fine and succeeds in what they are trying to do; present the brand in the best possible light. And M Mark Antony is correct, there is an infographic for virtually everything, ever, and if you're creative enough you can get it to tell whatever story you want.

Maybe I was expecting more? I dont know. It just struck me as funny reading it.

Its also Friday and I was bored I think. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom